The Role: Digital Manga is looking for a results-oriented Japan Relations & Translation Coordinator for our Yaoi and Hentai imprints. The applicant must have a knack for negotiation, organization, and the ability to wear many hats. The Japan Relations & Translation Coordinator will work closely with the Brand Managers and Production Team to license books from Japan, maintain communication with the Japanese publisher, and schedule the localization of these books.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with Senior Management and oversee all of our licensing processes
- Work closely with our Hentai and Yaoi Division Leads to help acquire their requested titles.
- Manage royalty portfolios from our publishers
- Grow and develop our network of connections within the Japanese Manga Industry.
- Contribute to best practices around innovative and data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with our Production team in QC’ing our titles ensuring that they align with Publisher guidelines.
- Maintain the localization schedule to make sure books are produced on time.
- Japanese Fluency (Written and Verbal) is a MUST.
- Prior experience reviewing legal documents and negotiating contracts.
- Must be comfortable working with adult content.
- Knowledge of nerd culture a strong plus
- Local Applicant
We are looking for both part time and full time candidates.
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE