Living for Tomorrow

Talk about DokiDoki titles like Train Train!

Living for Tomorrow

Postby Noon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Has anyone read it? I have and loved it, though I would have loved it if it was a bit longer. It was nice to see an aggressive uke and a wimpy seme for a change. Both boys are great and lovable, so it is a must read. Taishi Zaou did a great job with this one.
Noon

Re: Living for Tomorrow

Postby chibi-oni » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Glad to hear you liked Living for Tomorrow, Noon. I agree that Taishi Zaou (Mikiyo Tsuda), puts a lot of heart into her characters.

Don't forget DokiDoki's next Taishi Zaou yaoi, Electric Hands, which is due for release in November!
chibi-oni

Postby Noon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:38 am

I will be getting Electric Hands for sure as I am a fan of Taishi Zaou's works. I also liked Color. Both manga-kas did a great job on this one too.
Noon

Postby fuu-chan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 am

I loved Living for Tomorrow. The story is so fun and the art is just gorgeous!
Hopefully, will have more Taishi soon ^^!
fuu-chan

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:52 am

I think Tsuda' art is very unique, its stiff and not as cutesy as other BL/shojo artists work. Don't you agree?
Hiyoshimaru

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:53 pm

I just purchased this book & it is my 1st Doki Doki book. It is pretty well done. I am confused though to what qualify this title to be Doki Doki? It seems like it could have just been a June's title. I mean except for the size of the print etc ... I am confused about the branding here :? But I will be looking more closely at other Doki Doki titles now as well.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby lore » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am

2old4yaoi wrote:I am confused though to what qualify this title to be Doki Doki? It seems like it could have just been a June's title. I mean except for the size of the print etc ... I am confused about the branding here :? But I will be looking more closely at other Doki Doki titles now as well.

From the DD web site:
Launching in April of 2009, DokiDoki is a special co-publishing line exclusively between popular Japanese publisher SHINSHOKAN and U.S.-based publisher DIGITAL MANGA. The DokiDoki line is essentially "The Gateway from Shojo to Yaoi," with stories varying between shojo and shonen-ai to yaoi, and will be for ages anywhere from 13+ to 18+.

Unfortunately, the range from Shojo to Yaoi has made the brand somewhat confusing. It's real purpose is to print books from Shinshokan. I do like the line, though. Shinshokan has some interesting stuff!

love, lore
lore

Postby 2old4yaoi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm

lore wrote: It's real purpose is to print books from Shinshokan. I do like the line, though. Shinshokan has some interesting stuff!

Ah ha! Interesting. Thanks for the info, Lore. I also checked out Shinshokan's other titles - there are definitely some very promising looking ones. Ze was also Shinshokan's which is under 801 Media. I suppose like you said if it is shojo to middle road yaoi from Shinshokan, it will likely be Doki Doki in the future. I definitely see lots of Makoto Tateno titles & not much of the titles has smutty description to it w/ the exception of Leopard Hakusho by Ougi Yuzuha. Yeah - I wanna that title licensed in 801 Media, please :twisted:
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm

We know the DokiDoki brand can be kind of confusing-but anything Shinshokan goes under this label, but the label is softer, so more shoujo/light yaoi/shonen-ai type titles. For titles that are too explicit for DokiDoki (ZE/Hey Class President!) we licensed those for 801 Media. There will be a few Shinshokan titles on the DMP line coming up, but that's because they were licensed prior to the creation of the DokiDoki line.

Chibikami!
ChibiKami

Postby Shroud » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:41 am

I second wanting to see Leopard Hakusho. It's hot!
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Next

Return to DokiDoki Titles