Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

Re: D's outfit.

Postby sothisdhampir » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:33 pm

**SQUEE!!***

Best D cosplay I have ever seen!!
sothisdhampir

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 am

Thank you all so much for liking it! It's your opinion that I take from the most seeing as everyone here is hardcore D fans. I get nervous every-time I think about posting a picture... Lol Also yes the hat is made of leather it took a lot of work to make it (around 15-18 hours within a 2 day period.) Other than that this costume will never be finished I think. I will just keep adding to make it seem more elegant and badass. I keep doubting myself looking the part of D but I guess a lot of people like the turnout I just have to be more positive!

Also if you guys/girls have opinions on what should be added to the outfit please post some sort of screen shot of artwork so I can see what I should incorporate to the D costume! That way I can say the VHD fans have a part of helping me construct it so I can represent everyone!
The Vampire Hunter D

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 pm

There seriously are no words to describe how epic that picture is.

The moonlight, the pose, the flowy cape, the pensive look...Geez, man, go to author to get yourself made as the live-action D already. :P

No, seriously, you really are very very good at this. The only thing I'd like to see more of would possibly be a sash (I think D has one) and possibly long flowing locks. But wow, oh wow, nothing ever came close to this.

Post moar, PLZ!
Lightbringer

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Thank you again everyone for all the boosting confidence comments you all gave me! Ill keep trying hard to add and make changes to the outfit to suit the character more. This is one of my most favorite outfits to wear but still one of the most time consuming ones to put on... Lol I know I haven't posted many photos but I'll do so when I get more cool looking shots! Again thank you all for giving me such good feedback during the process of putting this costume together I hope we can collaborate more on what to add :D
The Vampire Hunter D

Postby Lightbringer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 am

Another excellent photo. Not quite as dramatic but still very beautiful.

I'd recommend checking out some art of D and try immitating his poses. That'll make awesome photos for sure.
Lightbringer

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 am

Teaser shot. Hope we are meeting everyone expectations.

The Vampire Hunter D

Postby HiroPon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 am

I checked out the link which was recently posted on DMI's facebook page and I found it intriguing so I decided to share it with y'all. It brings cosplay to a whole new level with some high-end designer clothing. I would say my favorite is #3 b/c it's cool yet somewhat down-to-earth, just like D's personality. I'm curious on what everybody thinks so post a comment. Thanks.

<What would Vampire Hunter D wear?>
http://postfashionism.com/2011/what-wou ... er-d-wear/
HiroPon

Postby 18thAngel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:55 am

Hmm, the web site is saying that the page no longer exists. :( That's a shame, because it sounded really interesting!
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 am

I will be eventually working on recreating this! My old outfit does need improvements and instead on investing on improvements I rather focus on the art of D I really like!
The Vampire Hunter D

Postby Su-In » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 am

Yay! I can't wait to see how it turns out :) Didn't Ms Takaki mention an awesome D cosplayer in the afterword of Vol 4? Looks like you've got some competition...Anyway, let us know how you get on :D
“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
Su-In

PreviousNext

Return to Vampire Hunter D