Editors Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Editors Looking to Join a Group

Postby CHILLI » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi, my name is John A. Palmer IV a.k.a. CHILL. I am an editor/typesetter, though so far I have only been graded for the editor test (which I have passed no problem) and I am looking to join any group that would have me. I graduated from the Illinois Institute of Art with a BA in fine arts and I have loved both american comics and manga my whole life. I am a dedicated and hard-working person and I have also turned in all necessary paper work to Digital Manga so I can started with no problems.

As I said I love doing this stuff and I am very good at what I do. I am eager to get started with anyone who is need of my services. You can PM or e-mail at Chillworks@gmail.com. Thanks.
CHILLI

Postby DLWarner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi, my name is Deborah. I am looking for a group as well. Though I write and read a lot of yaoi, I also read a lot of other manga, so if you need me, I'm up for it. I have an MA in Creative Writing/English. I have been and editor and publisher for an independent press for over ten years. I am accustomed to working with divergent, creative personalities and really enjoy the process of getting out a book. I'm laid back with a deeply twisted sense of humor. I hope to hear from you! deborahlwarner@gmail.com.
DLWarner

Postby SummerQueen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Greetings!

Newly contracted editor seeking a group. I have almost 14 years of editing/writing experience with a pair of online 'zines (Green Man Review, Sleeping Hedgehog), professional experience as a technical writer and 10+ years of producing public relations, press and Web site content for anime conventions. I've been a beta reader for multiple published authors, so I'm used to (and fond of) being handed manuscripts to review and edit for grammar, spelling, style and flow.

November and December are going to be hectic for me (working 2 jobs, holidays, moving from one city to another), so while I could theoretically start editing during this time, I would be better able to give my all after the first of the year.

Very much looking forward to hearing from someone and getting started!

April G.
SummerQueen

Postby RazzySpades » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:14 am

Hello all you beautiful people out there!

My name is Sheila, you can call me Shi-Shi or Shi-san. I'm about to finally acquire my BA in Visual Art Studies and will just be your lowly entry-level graduate looking for work. As far as relevance to the guild, I'm a new fresh face to the editing/writing scene therefore, I'm doing this more for the experience rather then how much money I can generate. Not to mention, it's manga and graphic novels! I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't be excited about that?

I have a natural eye for proofreading, and English had always been my strongest subject in school. Therefore, I'm really confident that I can take on any projects that come my way, in fact, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the novels. I've been reading mangas and graphic novels, particularly yaoi, for a long time, so I'm at least visually familiar with what is expected. I wish I had more credentials to brag about, but like I've mentioned, I'm brand new but, I'm really confident, arrogant almost, that I can prove myself over time with no problems at all. Bottomline? You won't be disappointed!

My paperwork will be sent out tomorrow and I'll be available to get things started by the end of the week. Please be nice to me! In the meantime, I'll be patiently and excitedly waiting for anyone who can find me of use. :) Nice meeting you all.

Sheila D.
RazzySpades

Postby Shayde » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 am

I've passed my editors test and now I'm ready to go! I was born in Japan and spent 2 years in Okinawa when I joined the Air Force. so I can speak a little Japanese but not enough to be conversational yet so I have to stick to editing instead of translating. I love manga and anime and was really hooked way back when Robotech was on American tv. My favorite anime is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. If you need someone on your team who is reliable and does good work and gets work done on time then you have found your editor.
Shayde

Postby Shaphina » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:09 am

I have found a group
Typesetter
Group: And Then I Was Bacon
Shaphina

Postby mermaidlibrarian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Alo! =^-^=

I've been a fan of anime for years before I discovered manga, and enjoy many genres including Yaoi. My favorite yaoi title is Crimson Spell. I am a trained librarian (who in my previous job made it my mission to create a huge graphic novel collection and bring yaoi into the library, heh) and new to editing (officially, anyway). Please don't let that scare you away! I have a Masters degree and passed my editor's test on the first round. ^-^ I am friendly and a hard worker.

Please free free to email me at my username @ yahoo.com if you would like to get to know me better, have any questions, or are considering me for your group. Thanks!

Daima
mermaidlibrarian

Postby pearl_love » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Greetings! I am a long-time manga fan, and I am also a published author. I am specifically interested in DMG's novel projects, for which I believe my unique experience would make me ideal. Although I'm mainly looking to join with a translator who is similarly looking to specialize in novels, I also have experience editing for manga and would be interested in joining a manga localizing group. If you are looking for an experienced editor, please feel free to PM me!
pearl_love

Postby stlwright » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm not sure if the PM's are working in the forum, because some of my messages are sitting in my outbox. Did you get my PM Shayde?
akasha2003 - Typesetter
trunkschan90 - Typesetter
angelzash - Editor
Chilli - Editor
mushroomery - Translator
stlwright - Translator

http://twitter.com/#!/BoyPassionDMG

*Group closed*
stlwright

Postby pearl_love » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm

I recently joined DMG as an editor and am looking for a group to join. I am particularly interested in DMG's upcoming novel projects, therefore I would like to team with a translator who is similarly interested. I have experience editing scanlations. I am also a published author, so I'm ready to tackle the text-heavy jobs. If you would like to team up with me, please let me know!
pearl_love

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search