Recently joined

Introduce yourself to the rest of the DMP community!

Re: Recently joined

Postby exsanguinate » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah, Gaiman did do an AMAZE-ZA-ZING 3-part with Cooper! It's called The Last Temptation and was written as a companion/promo for Cooper's album of the same name. The art is all black-and-white inks by Michael Zulli--my fave comic artist--and are breathtaking. You can get it in a spiffy hardcover (and I think paperback) from Dark Horse--for some reason Marvel's not printing it anymore.

The Dark Tower is worth checking out if you're not into horror--it's a sci-fi/fantasy/western/lots of other genres series and is King at the top of his game. The sequence ties in to tons of his other works, like 'Salem's Lot, The Eyes of the Dragon (another fantasy, not horror, book from King) and The Stand (which is now being serialized by Marvel--they're into the second story arc).

I adore Miller and 300. I liked the movie, too. I haven't seen Sin City yet (yeah, it was a movie too), and I can't wait to finally see it!

Personally, I'm just not a superhero fan. I like "anti-heroes," like the Sandman, Vampire Hunter D...you get the picture.

Ooh! And I love the Flight series of short stories. They're gorgeous!
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

newbie come say hello!

Postby hanamaru » Thu May 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi I just joined, of course, open to chatting, discussion or making new cyber friends. Currently I am a total mangaholic. I am reading all the volumes of several series and I just cant get enuf. It's more of an addiction. I also write and review stories on fanfiction.net. My current favs are Let Dai (the best ever hands downs), Wild Adapter, Legal Drug, Yami no Matsuei, Junjo Romatica, Love is like a Hurricane, Totally Captivated (final volume out now), Love Pistols, etc. Yeah I'm a raving yaoi fangirl and proud of it! I have some non yaoi manga I enjoy also: Ghost Hunt, D. Gray-Man, Switch, Negima, Vampire Knight.

you can email me or IM at hanamaru@yahoo.com or read my fanfics at http://www.fanfiction.net/~hanamaru or check out my live journal friends page under hanamaruu.

Best,

Hana
hanamaru

Re: newbie come say hello!

Postby yellow dancer » Thu May 14, 2009 4:39 pm

An addiction? Yes, I can relate to that. I have amassed a small collection of yaoi and mainstream manga. My family and friends believe I am addicted. Like it is a sickness of something. I shrug it off. I do not drink and drive. I do not do drugs. I do not neglect my familial and financial responsibilities. I need my bi-weekly manga fix, or I will be so bored.
I am interested in Totally Captivated, but I would seriously have to start searching for the earlier volumes. Legal Drug seems to have died. I only have volumes 1-3.
True, I am following yaoi more than my other manga titles. Trigun is on its final volume. (Sobbing) Samurai Executioner is finished. By the Sword is incomplete, in limbo and stuck on volume 2.

My favorite yaoi manga are:
Embracing Love, Vol. 3-5
Kiss of Fire
Love Control
A Gentleman’s Kiss, Vol. 1-2
Alcohol, Shirt and Kiss
Where Has Love Gone?
The Prime Minister’s Secret Diplomacy
Freefall Romance
Shy Intentions
Crushing Love
Hot Steamy Glasses
Duetto
Kiss Blue, Vol. 1
Love Share
Pure Heart, Vol. 1
Live For Love
A Love Song for the Miserable
White Brand
Yellow, Vol. 2-4

My favorite yaoi novels are:
S, Vol. 1-4
Sweet Admiration
The Man Who Doesn’t Take Off His Clothes, Vol. 1-2
The Guilty, Vol. 1-3
Better Than a Dream
Body Language
Caged Slave

I hope to talk with you again.
yellow dancer

Postby Scygoku » Fri May 15, 2009 10:24 am

Greetings Hanamaru!

Yaoi manga companies are clearly to blame for all those addicted yaoi fans flying to these forums ._.

wheres all the manga fans who don't enjoy boy love?

(partitioning for a yuri shelf since next to the yaoi,thats where lol)
Scygoku

Postby yellow dancer » Fri May 15, 2009 10:34 am

Yuri? Is there yuri manga?

I get the hint. I will stop posting yaoi here. (Footsteps echoing in the distance) Sorry.
yellow dancer

Postby Scygoku » Fri May 15, 2009 10:41 am

^.^ Indeed there are some titles but its not all that popular compared to yaoi,surprising isn't it

^^' sorry if it sound like that,I don't mean for you to stop talking about it here.

Although theres so few members on these forums and since like 3 yaoi forums (I assume those three forum sections other than DMP do yaoi) are joined well there won't be many non-yaoi fans around.
Scygoku

Postby Pluto VIII » Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 am

Sorry guys, my computer has been fucking up lately, haven't been able to get on as much I'd like. :cry:

But yeah you guys should check Ronin out. You remember that cartoon Samurai Jack? That was just a lame ripoff of Miller's Ronin. The only difference being that it's a dark fantasy with an epic romance.

Scygoku wrote:wheres all the manga fans who don't enjoy boy love?

I think it's just me and you bub. I'm not much of manga fan though.
Pluto VIII

Postby Scygoku » Tue May 19, 2009 5:20 pm

:/ everyone seems to be having computer problems these days

what? not much of a manga fan >.>
Scygoku

Postby little butterfly » Sat May 23, 2009 3:30 am

Hello guys!It's my first day here,i love yaoi though they are kind of rare in my country.I am keen on little butterfly,kaze to kino uta ,and i also like doujinshi.Yugioh,Ouran high school host club,Death note and Naruto are my favourites shounen and shoujo manga and anime.KISSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
little butterfly

Postby Scygoku » Sat May 23, 2009 10:52 am

@.@ welcome new member!

Yay for shounen!
Scygoku

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions