Hi everybody! New to DMP Books and Have a Few Questions!

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

Hi everybody! New to DMP Books and Have a Few Questions!

Postby JEABOI » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to Digital Manga Publishing and I just had a few questions. The main series I'm interested in on this website is Vampire Hunter D. I've watched the 1985 anime movie as well as Bloodlust and I loved both. I've also bought Volume 2 from UCLICK on the iTunes App store but was disappointed as first of all some issues from the volume were missing since each issue in the volume comes as a separate app. Secondly I was disappointed with it because they haven't updated the app store with more volumes. I would like to continue reading the series as a PDF file since it was so convenient to just read the series on my apple device or it would be convenient to just read it on my computer. I learned about DMP through searching and was pleasantly surprised that the series is continuously updated with new manga issues (Volume 6 in November and new novels in October).

My question is, is it possible to buy the Vampire Hunter D Manga's and Novels in PDF format from this site? And if not, can you guys direct me to a partner of DMP that allows me to buy the Vampire Hunter D Manga's/Novels in PDF format? I know that you can buy it from the comiXology app but I'm not a fan of their transitions. I would like to just have the whole page on the screen at once.

Thank you guys for your time!

~JEABOI
JEABOI

Re: Hi everybody! New to DMP Books and Have a Few Questions!

Postby crayon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Dear JEABOI,

Welcome! and thank you for reading our books!
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding what you are looking for...
AS you mentioned below, that is all that we have to offer at the moment... but we are, in a middle of creating a dedicated Vampire Hunter D app. We don't have any expected completion date yet.. but it'll be available by fall 2012.
crayon

Postby JEABOI » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:11 am

Thanks for the response crayon!

I think I'll stick to the comiXology app for now since I don't think I can wait till Fall 2012 to read such great books. Thanks for telling me about it though as I will definitely read the future VHD books with the app.

I just had another question. Do your comiXology e-books ever go on sale? I see that Volume 4 and 5 are going for $4.00, and $6.00 respectively on Akadot Retail for the hard copies but the books are still $9.99 on the comiXology. Just wanted to know if you had any plans for it to go on sale since I want to get the best deal possible. Thanks again!
JEABOI

Postby crayon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 pm

JAEBOI,

Sorry - We cant' control comixcology's discount prices.
I can certainly ask to see if they would, or if they will ever put it on a discount. I will post their reply if hear from them.

Yeah.. I know- it IS little odd that akadot offers physical books cheaper than comixology... I totally agree with you. It's just that each store and sellers have their own discount structures. We, DMP as a publisher, we are able to offer our publications at much cheaper prices.

I promise, when we are finished with VHD app- we'll make sure to offer everything at very competitive price!

crayon
crayon

Postby grimread » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:13 am

Hello!

I'm borrowing the thread because I think it hits the mark with the title.

Since I'm a fan of the novels I've been thinking of buying the manga too. While looking around to decide which version to buy (german, english, japanese) I've noticed that the japanese version has a different cover. Why is that? I personally prefer the japanese one. Who decided to change the cover?
Also, how come on the japanese publishers webpage there are only 4 volumes listed while DMP has the 6th one already listed for the november release? Does that mean that VHD mangas are released first in english and than in japanese? Although that makes no sense since the german version also has 5 volumes released. Please clarify my confusion.

Thank you

Grimread
grimread

Postby crayon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks for reading our books, grimread!

If you love the novels, you'd love the manga too!
Check out some of the samples here:
Vampire Hunter D v1 manga sample pages: http://www.emanga.com/books/Vampire_Hunter_D_Vol_1

The Japanese version has a different cover, because the publisher MEDIA FACTORY wanted it that way. They went ahead and created their own cover for the Japanese edition. It's pretty tho, isn't it?

The Japanese publisher's webpage has only 4 volumes? They are probably behind on updating that. We'll shoot them an email and have them fix it.

Vampire Hunter D manga are released first in English. Yes. We, DMP, is the original publisher. Media Factory- the Japanese publisher licenses it from us. Surprised? :D

crayon
crayon

Postby grimread » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am

WOW! very suprised. But somehow It does seem to me that Vampire Hunter D is more popular outside of Japan. Does that mean that DMP went directly to Kikuchi-sensei and Takaki-sensei and proposed the manga adaptation?

Well it seems I will buy the manga. I just wish the English cover would be the same as the Japanese one because it is definitely more gorgeous. Or to be more precise D looks better on it.
grimread

Postby crayon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:54 am

YEP! We approached Kikuchi sensei & Takaki sensei.

Don't forget to check out our VHD t-shrit too!
http://www.akadot.com/vampire-hunter-ts ... 31934.html
crayon

Postby philipe » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:11 pm

I have been looking around the past few days and I have noticed that only the Manga of VHD is available for eReader and I was wondering if there was a plan to add the novel to the eReader group in the near future?
philipe

Postby crayon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:37 am

Yes. We are currently working on that!
crayon

Return to Vampire Hunter D