Translators Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Translators Looking to Join a Group

Postby Lissar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello!

I am currently looking for a group--perhaps more than one group depending on the pace that is set by the first group I join. I have about seven years translating experience, and I have been studying Japanese for almost fourteen years. One of my degrees is in Japanese, and I lived there for many years. Please contact me if you are in need of a translator for your group!

Also: I love translating novels and I noticed there will be novel projects soon. Even though it is a lot of hard work, I quite enjoy it, so I am also looking for an editor who can work with me on those as well! Please PM me if you are interested.
Lissar

Postby Peel » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to find a group to join. I'm a native Japanese speaker from Japan and looking to gain experience in translation (I just passed the test. I only needed 30 min to take the translator test, so I believe I'm pretty fast). I lived in Japan until I was 18 so I am able to convey slight nuances and cultural connotations in my translation. I also consider myself bilingual in English, so Editor, please don't worry.

Please PM me if you have any questions. Looking forward to working with your group! :D
Peel

Postby Devantoi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 am

Hi,

I'm a translator who has recently passed the test and am really eager to find a group and get started. I'm 29 and have been studying Japanese for about eight years, three of which were spent living in Japan. I've been translating Japanese material in various fields for the last three years and also have some manga translation experience. Let me know if you need a translator ;)

Thanks
Devantoi

Postby Devantoi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:00 am

Found a group now but couldn't find the edit button - thanks!
Devantoi

Postby Shayde » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:35 am

I've passed my editors test and now I'm ready to go! I was born in Japan and spent 2 years in Okinawa when I joined the Air Force. so I can speak a little Japanese but not enough to be conversational yet so I have to stick to editing instead of translating. I love manga and anime and was really hooked way back when Robotech was on American tv. My favorite anime is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. If you need someone on your team who is reliable and does good work and gets work done on time then you have found your editor.
Shayde

Postby elweeks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi! I'm Erin, I just got back from Japan in July after 3 years over there and loved it! I have been into manga since Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon first began making appearances in bookstores over here. I also enjoy Japanese culture as a whole.

I have some experience with manga translation although nothing formal, and a minor in Japanese. I am looking for a position as a translator and/or an editor for a group, but am starting with the translation side :D

PM me if you are interested!
elweeks

Postby elweeks » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Just letting you know, I've found a group--but I couldn't find the edit tag.

Thanks!
elweeks

Postby Anton » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 am

translators, where are you? T__T
Anton

Postby mrjaggers » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Hello all.

My name is Todd and my wife's name is Miyuki. She has been reading manga since she was seven years old. Her favorite is Ace o nerae -- an old classic, right?

I have my undergraduate degree in Japanese literature and have translated technical documents, including operator manual's for industrial equipment, business records and contracts, as well as others' resumes and other professional documents. My wife Miyuki is a native Japanese (from south Kyushu if that still counts as Japan?) and we have been living in America for the past 18 years.

We passed the translator test and are looking to do some manga translation.

Please contact me if you have need of a translator!

Todd
mrjaggers

Postby caitlinj504 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello,

My name is Caitlin and I've been speaking/reading/writing Japanese for the past six years.

During High School, I lived in Japan as an exchange student. I lived with a Japanese family and attended Japanese High School as the only foreign student. I took all my classes in Japanese and passed the JLPT 1-kyuu (level 1) upon returning to the states as a freshman in college the following year.

Two years ago I returned to Japan as an university level exchange student at Osaka University. I completed all my coursework in Japanese and had a part-time job as a translator, interpretor, and sales associate at many Japanese department stores (Hankyu, Takashimya, etc.), where all my sekkyaku (customer service) was done in formal Japanese. My translation experience includes contracts, legal documents, stories, and business correspondence. As an interpretor I have interpreted business negotiations and was also hired by Osaka University to offer simultaneous translations for an exchange student-aimed class on Japanese Art History.

I currently work part-time for Department of Defense as an on-call Japanese Language Consultant.

Through all of my various translation and interpretation responsibilities, I have learned that I really love to pack the contents of one language into another. While the process might be crude at times, it really forces one to consider all meanings, nuances, and implications both voiced and unvoiced.

I look forward to working together.

Yoroshiku!
caitlinj504

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search