Questions?

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Questions?

Postby hihowareyou » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Uh... it says I "failed" the second test but I only ever took the first test and there's no result for the first test....
No longer in need of a group.
hihowareyou

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 pm

hihowareyou, you should probably email crayon for a faster reply--- I don't know how often they check the forums. Their email address is contact(at)digitalmangaguild.com.

Just hazarding a guess, but--- did you recently apply for the DMG?

For most of the us, there was a first round of testing, starting last fall. Later, DMP rolled out a second set of tests, for those of us who failed our first tests and for new applicants. If you're a new applicant, they probably gave you the second test, since that's the most current one. So that's why your results would show up in the "Second Test" area, even though you're never taken the "first" one. Your first test was the second test.

Of course, it's still something you should talk to crayon about, to make sure everything's as it should be.
I am: Typesetter and Group Leader for PURPLE PROSE KILLERS
Teamed with: zhelenstilo, RealizeMu, and dorrie6
ZepysGirl

Postby crayon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:58 am

I'm usually here everyday 3-4 times a day.
Generally - once in early AM, twice during mid day, and one more time before I go to bed.

But if anyone has any questions - you can post them here, but it needs to be in a form of a QUESTION - so I can answer them for you. This section of the forum is for "QUESTIONS" only. Thank you.

If you think you are getting an error on your DMG dashboard, or if you think you passed- but showing failed... or if you have any specific questions regarding your test results and status, group status, schedule A status, or anything SPECIFIC- that you need me to look up - please send me an email contact(at)digitalmangaguild DOT com or a PM with your full name, email addy and/or regID. Sorry - I can't look you up by pennnames, aliases or nicknames.

thanks. crayon
crayon

Postby thebumblingbee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 pm

(This is a repost, as I'm not sure if the thread I'd originally posted in will be seen. Sorry for the inconvenience)

Will your licensed manga maintain the authenticity of the manga? For example, will the characters maintain their mannerism of speech as well as honorifics? Or is this going to be another claim of authenticity like Viz and Tokyopop while deliberately altering the manga-ka's original dialogue script?
thebumblingbee

Postby Cavechan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Crayon,

My question is basically how much of our projects are we allowed to talk about on a public forum (like facebook and twitter)? My group just got the titles we're working on, but I'm assuming I shouldn't go shouting it around until it gets officially announced by you on the forums here? :P

I'm guessing saying stuff like "I finished chapter 1!!" would be okay but not specific things about characters and plots?
Cavechan: Letterer

Team: Manonrose, Mikanmikan, CCHHunter
Cavechan

Postby crayon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Cavechan,

You can say "i finished chapter 1."
You can discuss characters & plots.

You can say things like :
"I love my assignment..."
"I wish I get to work on shojo/shonen manga..."
"I hope to get something other than yaoi next time..."
"I love my group..."
"I love my group leader..."
"I hate this book..."

You can also give me your feedbacks... like:
"working with a group sucks..."
"this group thing is great! I'd do it again..."

You can discuss your personal experience, like:
"I would do ____(this)___ differently next time..."
"this was the hardest translation I've ever done in my life..."

All we ask is that, you DO NOT discuss contract terms & localizer's guidelines. <-- because this is for guild members only.

crayon
crayon

Postby lc13 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:32 am

Hi Crayon,

I know you guys are running low on staff but I just want to know when will we get any news on the second exams that we took? Last exam took awhile so I already know this one will also take awhile.

Thanks

lc
lc13

Postby crayon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:12 am

lc,
We've graded (pretty much all) of the tests up to date...
we still have verrrry few that we need to go over.. but we are current.

are you still waiting on your results?
Please email contact(at)digitalmangaguild dot com or PM me please.

crayon
crayon

Postby jessylein » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 am

I just wanted to ask: I took the test way back but didn't hand in a signed contract yet as I feel that I currently don't have enough time to finish assignments.
If I join in a year or so (when I most probably will have the time), will the tast I had taken still be valid or will I have to retake it?
jessylein

Postby crayon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Dear jessylein,

If you pass the test, there is no need to re-take it later.
Once a pass, always a pass.

crayon
crayon

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide