Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Postby valuz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Hello Everyone,
this is Valentina, and I'm looking for a group at the moment.
I passed my typesetter test, so here I'm :)

If you want to look at some of my pages, you can just look at it : http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/v ... a/Editing/
(pwd is DMIGuild) , or ask me for more sample with pm.

I'm not a professional typesetter, but I'm doing it as a hobby since years. I had a personal website on manga, and I cooperate as typesetter with Forgotten Gem Box team.
Hope to hear some of u soon!!

Thanks in advance!!
valuz

Postby ariyura » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I've posted this in the looking for an editor group but I can be a switch hitter in typesetting as well so I will repost here too.

Hello! I'm an editor/typesetter looking for a group. I have experience doing both and can show examples if need be. I'm very open to different types of projects, from shoujo to shonen and from yaoi to yuri.

If anyone is interested I can be reached on here or through aim at Adamitri or adamitri @ hotmaill.com, if you have msn. if you would like anymore information from me or examples of my work, please feel free to ask.

I'm a very diligent, a speedy worker and function well under pressure.
ariyura

Postby Chamberlain » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi,

I passed the typesetter test and am looking to join a group.
I've used photoshop every day for years so I'm very experienced with it.
I can get projects done rather quickly too if I do say so myself. I'm also not afraid of sfx heavy pages.

I'll work on any project as every genre interests me and I'm easy to get along with.

PM if you want to see examples or are interested. Thanks
Chamberlain

Postby Mystaira » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:02 am

Hello!

I'm Kira, call me Myst~ ^^ I'm primarily a digital artist, but I do have a bit of practice with typesetting. I'm mainly fond of BL/yaoi, but I like most other things as long as they are interesting. I'm not all that great at socializing, but I'd like to think I'm usually friendly (if not easy to get along with).

I passed both typesetting and editor tests, but I'm primarily looking to be a typesetter. I usually have plenty of free time to work on things, though I also usually have artwork to get done too, but I will try my best to get work done in a timely manner.

If you're interested in having me on your team or wish to see examples (like my typesetter test pages) feel free to PM me!
Mystaira

Postby DreamTimez » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 am

Hello, Everyone~

My name is Dreamz and yet another typesetter hoping to find a group to join.

I am a woman in my 20's. I don't have much experience work in mangas but I'm looking forward working in this as to gain some experience and knowledge. I have experience in Photoshop as I have been using it for around 9 years.

I really love manga since I'm a kid and have always like to try working in anime or manga. So, this is going to be great.I like reading all types of manga though most of my favorites are from shounen mangas.

I open to work with any kind of genre. I'm pretty easy going and friendly to work with. I'm a careful worker and works pretty well with deadlines. I can work in any groups type well (relax or serious)

As a typesetter, I pay attention to details and don't mind having heaving pages to retouch.

If you are interested to see my examples(typesetter test) or having me in your group, please drop me a pm ^^

Thanks in advance~
DreamTimez

Postby Niku » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 am

Hello all,

My former group members have decided that the Guild wasn't for them and decided to step down. This means that I am now open and looking for a group once again. My primary role is typesetter, but I have also passed the editor test. I have experience using image manipulation software -- Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, the GIMP -- for nearly a decade, which includes four years of college instruction at DAAP. I have read and enjoyed manga from all genres.

DMP already has my contract in their possession so I am ready to begin working immediately. Follow the link in my signature to see some examples and send me a PM if you are looking for a typesetter.

Thanks
Typesetter in the Chahan Project
Niku

Postby Cosmos » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 am

Hi all,

Short bio on myself: I've been into anime and manga since back in 1996 when Sailor Moon was airing on TV. Once I obtained a computer a few years later, I quickly found Snoopycool.com and was introduced into the world of fan translated manga and many many series that have become my favorites. My most notable works are with them, including Flame of Recca back before Viz licensed it (1999/2000ish) and more recently series such as Franken Fran, LucuLucu and Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. I've been using Photoshop (currently working in CS5) and other image editing software for nearly 12 years and have approx. 400 chapters under my belt total (though I have never counted). I currently run my own website, fan translating Yuu Watase's unlicensed series. Links to my two websites where my work can be viewed are posted below. Unfortunately Snoopycool is down right now, but i can also share an example of my work with them if you'd like. Please PM me or send me an email directly if interested, senshi_cosmos@hotmail.com

I have already submitted my contract to DMG and can begin work immediately. I look forward to working with a highly dedicated group and love working closely with the translator/editor to get the most out of any manga. My average turn-around is 50-60 pages a week when working with a dedicated group. As far as group organization goes, I am willing to be open to any ideas, including being the lead.

Examples of my work can be found at:

http://www.cosmosstudio.net (LucuLucu) and http://www.yuuwatase.org (just about any series)

Arigatou! *bow*
Cosmos

Postby Henade » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Hello!

My name is Rebecca but my friends call me Henade. I have 8+ years experience working as an editor, QC editor and typesetter with various scanlation groups in all genres from BL to horror to seinen, shonen and shoujo. I used PaintShop Pro before discovering Photoshop 4 or 5 years ago, and currently use CS4 for various image editing and typesetting. I also have graphic design experience creating fliers for bands, web graphics and inserts for scanlations.

My time is flexible as I am a full time college student and also do other work from home.

If you would like examples of my work, please PM me or email me (faster to reach me): tenshi.hentai [@] gmail.com

~Henade
Henade

Postby Jin-san » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 am

Hello!

My name is Aiko and I passed the typesetter test and am looking to join a group. I have 2+ years experience with typesetting. I use Manga Studio. Actually, I started to use it for drawing manga. So I learned to typeset.
I open to work with any kind of genre.

You can see examples of my pages here: http://s1094.photobucket.com/home/soul_eater8

If you're interested in having me on your team feel free to PM me!
Jin-san

Postby dbough » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:20 am

Hi all!,

My name is Dan, I'm 33 and a network / software engineer by day. I also have a little start up called 'The Mad Poppet' which is currently being used as an outlet to chat about Japanese culture and the like (http://www.TheMadPoppet.com). I'm a father of 2, and husband of 1 (:P).

I've passed both the editor and typesetter tests and am willing to work either with a group (although I prefer editing). If you need someone to lead the group, manage money etc, I can do that too.

You can read a little more about me here:
http://www.TheMadPoppet.com/about

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dan
-Dan Bough
http://www.TheMadPoppet.com/about
http://mangajourney.tumblr.com
https://twitter.com/#!/4LeafCloverDMG

Team: Four-leaf Clover
Editor: Dan (dbough)
Typesetters: Eva / Bianca
Translator: Lissar