*IMPORTANT*: DMG Agreements & Contracts

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

*IMPORTANT*: DMG Agreements & Contracts

Postby crayon » Thu May 26, 2011 11:23 am

May 26th
DMG agreements & contracts will be sent via email beginning today to those who passed their test(s). This agreement will be sent individually, to everybody. The email's sender will be contact(at)digitalmangaguild.com . Please disable your spam-filter to ensure receipt of this notification.

Please print and physically MAIL the required forms to:
Digital Manga Guild
1487 W. 178th St. STE300
Gardena, CA 90248
USA

Faxes, scans or electronic copies WILL NOT be accepted.

Once we have received the completed forms from all group members, we will contact your group representative for assignments.

All contents within the Agreement are to remain confidential.
Please do NOT discuss, copy & paste and/or distribute -
Please do NOT post any questions in the forums regarding the agreements. I will delete it and I will ban you.
If you have any questions, concerns or issues, please PM me or send emails to contact(at)digitalmangaguild.com

Best, crayon
crayon

Re: *IMPORTANT*: DMG Agreements & Contracts

Postby crayon » Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am

Hi everyone,

Hope all of you had a good long weekend.
A lot of you PM'd me over the weekend, (my inbox was full) so I apologize if they bounced or never came thru. You can always send me an email at contact(at)emanga[dot]com if you need to reach me. It comes directly to me.

First thing first- regarding agreements/contracts - I had alot of PM's saying "I never got it." Please stand-by. We are having our IT look into it right now. As soon as I have any updates I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, I'll try to get back to your PM's today.

Thanks for your patience.

Crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry it's taking so long - we had to fix lots of other things at the same time..

Last week, we tried sending the agreement via email & attachment but that didn't quite work.
so this time, we will be sending you an email including a secure link- where you can go and download it.

This email will be sent to those who has "PASS" in your dashboard.

FAQ: "I took the editor test and typesetter test. I only passed the editor test, and failed the typesetter test. Will I still get my agreement?" The answer is YES. You qualified as an editor. You can work as an editor.

crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Responding to some of your FAQ:

This email is being sent out beginning tonight. (June 2nd)
Hopefully most of you will see the email in the morning.
It's going thru a gigantic list of people - weeding out those poeple who didn't pass-
Give it 24 hours or so. If you didn't get one by tomorrow (June 3rd 5pm pacific) send me a PM or email me.

Thank you, crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Contract/Agreement is OUT!

Please DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT discuss it here.
if you have any questions, please PM me or send to contact(at)digitalmangaguild.com
crayon

Postby coatimundi » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:37 pm

This question isn't about anything in the contract, and perhaps someone else here is in a similar situation, so I will post here rather than sending a PM.
So--
I have passed the translator test and received my contract. However, as I've mentioned before somewhere in these forums, I won't be available to actually work until about mid-August. Should I send the contract in now or wait until August?
I don't want DMG to think I'm all set up and ready to work when I am in fact not, but I'm afraid that if I simply ignore the contract for two months it will look as if I've dropped out of the whole program.
To be safe, I haven't even downloaded it yet.
--Naname--
Translator: me
Typesetter: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
-----------------------------
nanamedmg.tumblr.com
coatimundi

Postby crayon » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:59 pm

@coatimundi
It's completely up to you when you want to turn in your documents. It's also completely up to you when you want to start working with us. Some teams are eager to start tomorrow, some teams want to wait a while. There is no advantage/disadvantage for hanging onto your signed contract.

We understand- just because you downloaded the contract, it doesn't mean you'd agree to it. You could have a change of heart... You could disagree to some things... You may not accept it after all.

Tho this is my suggestion: go ahead and send in your signed agreement & completed w9 form- so this way we'll have you on file. And if and when you are ready to begin, just let us know. We'll activate your group and give you an assignment.

crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I mailed my contract.. now, what's next!?

First of all, we want to thank all of you for being so patient with us and for all your questions & suggestions. We know alot of you still have lots n lots of questions. We may not have all the answers right away - but we promise, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

"I got my contract, I signed it, mailed it... now WHAT'S NEXT!?"
Once we receive your signed contracts and w-9 forms, Your GROUP LEADER (and ONLY the group leader) will be contacted via email. You will receive instructions on where to get the digital files and how to access it. Group Leader - it's your responsibility to share this information with your group members and distribute work accordingly. Once you get this info - you are READY TO ROLL! Go ahead- dig in! Start your assignments!

"How soon will we see the assignments?"
For some of you, RIGHT AWAY - within 48 hours. We already prepped a few and they are ready to roll.

"What will be provided to us? What kind of digital files will we get? Would we know what to do..?"
Briefly: you'll receive the production files for each positions (translator, editor & letterer) and a instruction pdf (a manual, if you will...) on how and what to do. We'll explain more in details in a separate post regarding this, please stand-by. More info to come in a few days.

"Can you please check to see if you receive my contract??????"
Please understand - we are (..or I should say, "I" = myself, crayon here-) is dealing with over 1,000 individuals... I would love to be able to check- individually, but no, sorry, I can't... I will... however, check the status as a group. I will only accept this request from the group leader. Group Leader - if you can send me the list of group member's names and email address and their regID's, I'll be happy to check. Thanks for understanding!

crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Hello everyone,

Woohoo~ signed contracts are rolling in! How exciting.
Now, matching them up against the registration info we have in our system.
I want to point out some careless mistakes we are seeing.
Please please please - carefully look over and make sure some of these aren't happening to you:

> Please be sure to fill out ALL the BLUE portion of the contract.
...you do not need to fill out a page with Schedule A

> Please be sure to initial EVERY PAGE - you initial the BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER.
...Yes, EVERY PAGE. ALL OF THEM.

> Please be sure to SIGN the last page.
...Please sign! It's the most important part!

> Please be sure to write your FULL ADDRESS on the last page of the contract.
...Not just your street address. City, State & zip too!

> I realize some of you are using aliases, nick names, shortened, abbreviated, and/or maiden names for your registration in the system, which is fine- but it'll make our process much much faster if your reg name matches the contract and w9's are receiving.
...we understand, for example Chuck for Charles, Rick for Richard... etc etc... but we had something completely different today example: reg-name was Amy Sollar and real name was Tong Yeeh Ghung (..this is just an example...) we will be sending you an email just to make sure!

crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

About 50% (yes, this is not a typo- 1 in every 2) of the contracts that we received are "under review" because they are incomplete. So- I'm going to post this again. Please please please read everything very carefully and double, triple check before you mail it in:

> Please be sure to fill out ALL the BLUE portion of the contract.
...you do not need to fill out a page with Schedule A <- this is for LATER. This is for the group rep to fill out.

> Please be sure to initial EVERY PAGE - you initial the BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER.
...Yes, EVERY PAGE. ALL OF THEM.

> Please be sure to SIGN the last page.
...Please sign! It's the most important part!

> Please be sure to write your FULL ADDRESS on the last page of the contract.
...Not just your street address. City, State & zip too!

> I realize some of you are using aliases, nick names, shortened, abbreviated, and/or maiden names for your registration in the system, which is fine- but it'll make our process much much faster if your reg name matches the contract and w9's are receiving.
...we understand, for example Chuck for Charles, Rick for Richard... etc etc... but we had something completely different today example: reg-name was Amy Sollar and real name was Tong Yeeh Ghung (..this is just an example...) we will be sending you an email just to make sure!

crayon
crayon

Next

Return to The Guild Guide