Editors Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Editors Looking to Join a Group

Postby niastyle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Hello! My name is Nia and I am looking to join a group.

I am a 31 year old college student majoring in accounting, who is a die hard fujoshi fan. I love manga, anime and especially yaoi. I currently have all english yaoi manga releases, (and no more shelf room). When I started reading yaoi manga, there were only about 6 titles out. So I've been reading and collecting since the begining. Only the Ring Finger Knows was my first yaoi.

Some of my favorite mangaka are Fumi Yoshinaga, Kazuma Kodaka, Youka Nitta, Ayano Yamane, Miyamoto Kano, Shiuko Kano and so many more. I'm excited about the opportunity to bring more great manga to all my fellow fujoshi, and all future fujoshi. I'm looking forward to joining a group and getting started on some sexy manga. ;)

Feel free to contact me through my email: niasstyle@yahoo.com
niastyle

Postby Kitsuna_Ri » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey there! My name is Kit and as stated by everyone else, I am in search of a group!

Currently, I am a 22 year old Senior at the University of North Texas. Come this May, I will graduate with my Bachelor's Degree in English, specialization in Creative Writing. Since High School I have been editing papers for friends and classmates in my Honor English classes and this has continued up into my college career. I am setting out to eventually publish my own works but for now I would love to work on manga projects.

I've been a fan of yaoi since I was fourteen and learned about fanfiction. The first yaoi manga I read was Dear Myself and I was lucky enough to read it via scanlations. I have collected yaoi manga for many years since it became available in the states and it has influenced and encouraged me to write boys love tales in novel format.

I am very passionate about writing and editing and will be willing to work on any genre, along with loving yaoi, I am also a fan of yuri. I am very punctual and hard working, so you can rely on me to get my tasks done in a timely fashion. Even though I am still in classes I have time to do projects since I'm down to my last nine hours!

If you would like to add me into your group, I would be honored. Please contact me at sarahill@my.unt.edu
Typsetter: Anna -Searching for another typesetter-
Translator: Meepsalot
Kitsuna_Ri

Postby schumie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi there,

I'm an editor looking for a group. I've worked with Vices n Devices scanlations, have written several webcomics (Honeydew Syndrome and Two Keys, which is currently being published by Manga Magazine), so I assure you that I am greatly motivated when it comes to manga. I have a teaching credential for Secondary ELA, so my editing and grammar should be up to par.

I look forward to working on DMP titles with other people that are just as involved and in love with manga as I am. Cheers!

-schumie
Group: Looking for a translator!
Editor: schumie
Typesetter: Furoransu
schumie

Postby Doktor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 pm

Hello, I'm Montana, and as with everyone else in this thread, I'm in search of a group.
I'm 18 years old and I've been a passionate manga fan for over 2/3 of my life (and a BL fan since age 14), so I'd like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable regarding the medium.
I am an English major, recently finished my associate's degree and hope to transfer to the University of Washington for winter quarter 2011-2012. In the mean time, though, lack of homework for me means loads of free time with which to edit!
Past experience includes being a member of an ESL conversation group and editing a few college-level essays written by ESL transfer students.

If you're considering adding me to your group but would like to get to know me first, please feel free to message me via Google Talk (doktormuraki at gmail.com), MSN / Windows Live (doktordeathray at live.com), Yahoo Messenger (DoktorDastardly), or drop me a PM! I'm always happy to talk favorites (authors, manga, anime, etc.) as an icebreaker.

Thank you for your time!
Editor of Taiheiyou Dreamers
Doktor

Postby yukitsukihana » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Still looking for a group, both typsetter and translator.
You can call me Yuki (I'm not comfortable giving my real name out online, so I'll give it out once I've joined a group). I am 24 years old and a college student working part-time.
I've been a huge fan of Japan for a while, and my major is East Asian Studies, specializing in Japan. I also aim to be an ESL teacher, hopefully teaching English in Japan.
I've been studying Japanese for a few years now (about 8 years), and, while I'm not comfortable enough with my language skills to be a translator, I would love to partner up with a translator who doesn't mind sharing the original text.
I have no preferences to which manga genre I work on, though I enjoy BL, shounen, and seinen, and fantasy genre over all.

I've actually been looking for a group for a couple months now and I'm close to begging for a group.
Please take me on? I'll be a wonderful editor! I'll correct your syntax and define your lexicon!

...Please?
yukitsukihana

Postby tehfluffylizard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Group Found!

Hello, all! My name’s Fluffy~ I am an editor/typesetter in search of a group to call home!

I am a 23-year-old college student currently studying get my bachelors in English. I haven’t done any professional editing, but I have and continue to edit written works done by friends. I hope to someday become a novelist and graphic novel artist (perhaps, even open my own publishing company), so I would delight in any experience I can get my hands on whether as an editor or typesetter.

I have deep love for all things anime and manga, but I have a particular soft spot (read: obsession) for yaoi that made its first appearance when I was fourteen. I have been reading/writing/drawing it ever since. I have over 200 titles (both English and Japanese) in my yaoi collection alone and it is ever growing.

I’m a pretty laid back person and pretty easy to get along with (or at least I think so xD). I am a determined and hard worker and will put all of my love and attention in making the manga I work on (whether as editor or typesetter) the best that it can be.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and the like! You can also reach me via AIM (namimoriftw) or at tehfluffylizard at gmail dot com~
Last edited by tehfluffylizard on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tehfluffylizard

Postby Solitary Agent » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Hello, I'm an editor still looking for a group to join.

I have an excellent work ethic and related experience. I've done newspaper writing and I'm a communications major at university. My grammar and language skills are very advanced - I made an 800 (perfect score) on the English half of the SAT.

I've been a fan of manga for over 12 years and have an especial fondness for yaoi. I'm currently working on my own webcomic, but I update only weekly or biweekly so I'll still have plenty of time for other work. Please PM me if you're interested in having me join your group!
Solitary Agent

Postby Kalic0 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi I'm Deb. I'm a typesetter. I've taken puritybrown as my own so she is no longer looking for a typesetter. We are still looking for a translator.
Comics...comics...I love comics!
Kalic0

Postby TropicanaTina » Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 am

EDIT: Found a group!

Hello, my name is Tina, and I've passed the editor test and would love to form a group. I'm an adult and a professional, seeking like-minded individuals who will take this work seriously. I have several years experience writing and editing for a nationally-distributed print magazine, and my work has been recognized for its quality on multiple occasions. I expect my partners to be equally committed to excellence. I have much passion for and extensive knowledge of Japanese entertainment products (manga, anime, games, etc.), and I'd be happy to edit any genre/subject that Digital Manga would wish for us to localize.

If you feel that my ideals are a good match for your own, please send me a PM, and I can provide examples of my work if wanted. Thanks!
Last edited by TropicanaTina on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TropicanaTina

Postby ravasthi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi, I'm an editor looking to join a group. I'm 33 and have no professional editing experience.

I'm an avid manga reader and took a minor in Japanese studies at university. Though I'm not fluent, I'm comfortable with relatively advanced Japanese grammar and idiomatic speech. My comfort with the Japanese language makes me a better editor as well as someone who can help out with light translation tasks as needed.

I am a software developer by trade and as a result very comfortable with technology, as well as having over 10 years experience at meeting tough deadlines.

I'm excited about being able to take part in bringing an English-language manga to fruition. Please PM me if you're interested in working with me. よろしくお願いします!

- Richa
ravasthi

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search