Recently joined

Introduce yourself to the rest of the DMP community!

Recently joined

Postby yellow dancer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello! I joined today with the hope of chatting. I read yaoi, Vampire Hunter D, Trigun, and samurai manga.
Last edited by yellow dancer on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellow dancer

Re: Recently joined

Postby chibi-oni » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Welcome to the forums, yellow dancer! Sounds like you read a variety of all the things DMP publishes, so that's great.
chibi-oni

Postby yellow dancer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:13 pm

I have read Lone Wolf and Cub, Fake, Trinity Blood, and City Hunter. I started enjoying anime when I was in high school. I started watching the cut-and-paste series called Robotech on television. Channel 13, I believe. It caught my attention, transforming mecha and a love triangle. Before that, I watched Battle of the Planets and Star Blazers when I was a kid. It was so different. I was hooked. Sorry, Bugs Bunny.
Frankly, I started with DC and Marvel comics. X-Men and the Dark Knight. But a friend introduced me to manga with Fushigi Yuugi and Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was okay. Eventually, I was in a local manga/anime shop and the owner, Nina, suggested I read Fake. That was the start of it for me...
Last edited by yellow dancer on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yellow dancer

Postby Pluto VIII » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Haha, I forgot all about City Hunter, I've read some of that, it was really funny. Started out with MARVEL and DC huh? Thats cool.

I love MARVEL comics, the only DC titles I've ever liked are Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Lobo, The Creeper and Batman...

So anywayz welcome, join date doesn't mean a whole lot around here, I just stated posting recently so I'm kinda new too.
Pluto VIII

Postby yellow dancer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14 pm

How about Hellboy? I thought the movies were cool. Let me think. I always preferred Batman over Superman. Perhaps it was because of his dark nature, the whole split persona between Bruce Wayne and the Dark Knight. I enjoy a strong plot, whether it is a manga, comic, or fiction. I want to understand the main characters, their motives and backgrounds. I am a serious reading addict, and I write short stories to amuse myself.
Sweep Thing? I vaguely remember it. How about Wolverine and Gambit? Those are my favorite characters from the X-Men. Storm, Rogue, and Psylocke were strong women. I cannot understand wimpy women, who cling to men, and expect him to protect her from the villain. Puke!
City Hunter was funny. My friend Lisa and I always called him "Mister Horny". Can I say that? Apologies, if anyone is offended. We have code names for a lot of the manga characters. We will be heading up to the Anime Expo in Los Angeles over the July 4th weekend. It should be a blast. I am saving my money now. I am hoping to carry off a huge bag full of goodies...
Last edited by yellow dancer on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yellow dancer

Postby exsanguinate » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi there, yellow dancer. Nice ta meet ya! I started with comics the same way, with Gaiman's Sandman. Still the bestest series out there in American comics. I'm a HUGE fan of DC's Vertigo. Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Death, V for Vendetta, Fables, WE3... the list goes on and on! I also really like Hellboy. Gotta confess I'm not a big fan of Marvel except for their adaption of Stephen King's The Dark Tower. And my comic guilty pleasure is Frank Miller's Sin City. Can't go wrong with Miller. Haven't gotten to his samurai story Ronin yet but can't wait.
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby Pluto VIII » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm

yellow dancer wrote:Let me think. I always preferred Batman over Superman. Perhaps it was because of his dark nature, the whole split persona between Bruce Wayne and the Dark Knight.

yellow dancer wrote:How about Hellboy? I thought the movies were cool.

Hellboy is good. He's Dark Horse though. And I loved the movies, especially the second one.

yellow dancer wrote:How about Wolverine and Gambit?

Bub, you just mentioned two of my favorites! Now you're speakin' my language. Captain America, Punisher, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Silver Surfer, Nick Fury, Spider-Man...the list goes on and on.

yellow dancer wrote:I cannot understand wimpy women, who cling to men, and expect him to protect her from the villain. Puke!

Ha, I like my damsels in distress, but meh.

yellow dancer wrote:City Hunter was funny. My friend Lisa and I always called him Mister Horny. Can I say that? Apologies, if anyone is offended.

I think that was my nickname in highschool.

exsanguinate wrote:I started with comics the same way, with Gaiman's Sandman. Still the bestest series out there in American comics.

Gaiman does have mad skills, I just found out the other day that he wrote a 3 part mini Alice Cooper series for MARVEL! Isn't that weird? I wonder if it's any good...

exsanguinate wrote:I'm a HUGE fan of DC's Vertigo. Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Death, V for Vendetta, Fables, WE3... the list goes on and on!

Yeah their Vertigo imprint is about the only I like about them. I tend to separate the two since the vertigo characters aren't really "super heroes" per se, and MARVEL definitely has them beat in that department.

exsanguinate wrote:My comic guilty pleasure is Frank Miller's Sin City. Can't go wrong with Miller. Haven't gotten to his samurai story Ronin yet but can't wait.

Frank a guilty pleasure? Really? Not for me, he's the best in the biz as far I'm concerned. You should check out Daredevil: Born Again, it's one his masterpieces.

Ronin is awesome, you're in for a treat.
Pluto VIII

Postby yellow dancer » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Apologies, Pluto VIII. Superman is still "the Man of Steel". And he can hang out with Wonder Woman.
Nick Fury! He was soooo hot. I wanted to be an agent of S.H.I.E.LD. when I was a kid. Wait, I still do...
Last edited by yellow dancer on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellow dancer

Postby yellow dancer » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:17 pm

exsanguinate wrote:Hi there, yellow dancer. Nice ta meet ya! I started with comics the same way, with Gaiman's Sandman. Still the bestest series out there in American comics. I'm a HUGE fan of DC's Vertigo. Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Death, V for Vendetta, Fables, WE3... the list goes on and on! I also really like Hellboy. Gotta confess I'm not a big fan of Marvel except for their adaption of Stephen King's The Dark Tower. And my comic guilty pleasure is Frank Miller's Sin City. Can't go wrong with Miller. Haven't gotten to his samurai story Ronin yet but can't wait.

Hello, exsanguinate. Sin City? Was that made into a movie. It sounds familiar. Sorry, Stephen King creeps me out. I have never read his books. I made the mistake of watching his movies. Now I have nightmares about cars and dogs. I have not heard of Ronin. A story about a masterless samurai? I will have to check it out.
yellow dancer

Postby Scygoku » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:37 am

@.@ Hello Yellow Dancer

Samurai and D manga,thats a fishy thumbs up ^_^
Scygoku

Next

Return to Introductions