All BL titles to Yaoi Club?

Talk about issues related to the Digital Manga website.

Re: All BL titles to Yaoi Club?

Postby phoenix4045 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:25 pm

I posted my thoughts on this on a different thread, but was redirected here, SO...

Please Don't make most of these titles exclusive to yaoi club!

I understand the potential appeal of selling many things through that website, however I am not a fan of the heavy shipping and length of time it takes to ship! (Yes I realize this is a supremely petty reason!)

the second and more important concern is well privacy...

I mean from amazon when I make a purchase, on the credit statement it shows only that I purchased from a fairly innocent sounding dealer. yaoi club on the other hand well... It has the word YAOI in it!

I would rather not have my name forever attached to a purchase coming from a contemptible sounding website like Yaoi Club.

thanks for allowing me to vent!
phoenix4045

Postby phoenix4045 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Sorry for the double post!

Forget my previous comment! Just disregard the whole thing!

Why? because Amazon is being ridiculous! (Besides I could get used to the idea of having all of the titles I need in one place!)
phoenix4045

Postby sun22 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Well, sorry for my "double post" too. It seems like only those who crave yaoi like some type of a drug are willing to get used to inconveniences "no matter what". Why should DMP (with no explanation) make us "get used to" something which is clearly suboptimal for most? We're the buyers. I will wait for the titles on Akadot, and if they're not coming anytime soon, I will spend my money elsewhere. Good luck to DMP.
sun22

Postby 2old4yaoi » Tue May 10, 2011 5:38 pm

I think it will be good for a DMP moderator to explain to us the reasoning behind this move of putting all the yaoi books to yaoiclub. Is it just marketing / positioning issue? And if DMP is willing to offer the same kind of incentives i.e. valid akadot membership, combined shipping, occassional same promo events, customers can be weaned to use yaoiclub? As for billing name, DMP might want to look into changing billing name to DMP_Publishing instead of yaoiclub? Although, I can't help but smile at the example that someone gave here about being afraid of her dad seeing the charge from yaoiclub on his shared credit card statement. If he had wanted to do some research by going to akadot's website, he would have seen more risque imported hentai works on the 1st page :lol:
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby crayon » Tue May 10, 2011 10:46 pm

The decision was made by the executives and the director of e-commerce. Thanks everyone for your comments, they are very helpful. They've been forwarded for further evaluation.
crayon

Postby lore » Thu May 12, 2011 12:41 am

Crayon, could we get some clarification on just how Yaoi Club is going to operate?

Will packages come marked "Yaoi Club"?

Will the charge on credit cards be "Yaoi Club"?

Will the books never be available at Akadot? How about at other retailers - will they still go out?

What kind of delay are we looking at if the books eventually will be made available to retailers?

Will previous Akadot memberships be transferable to Yaoi Club?

Will we be able to combine orders at Yaoi Club with Akadot orders?

How about Bookoff? Will it operate in both store fronts, as it sells both BL and non-BL material?

When will this shift of BL books to only Yaoi Club happen? Next month? Next three months? Next year?

Will all future DMP BL releases appear only at Yaoi Club from now on, or will the releases continue to be split between YC and Akadot until the final move?

And for the record, I still see this move as presented (with no concrete details) as yet another segregation of BL material. It's not much better than what Amazon is doing to you right now, and I think the executives and director of e-commerce ought to consider that as they tighten up this planned move of BL books to a separate store. That or the executives and e-commerce director ought to let us in on the reasoning for such a move. Most of the fans here can be quite reasonable when presented with the facts.

Anyway, if you could get these answers from the executives and director of e-commerce, I'm sure we'd all be grateful. Thank you for your efforts on our behalf!
lore

Postby sun22 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:56 am

I think very recently (yesterday?), all the recent releases were listed on Akadot. Hopefully, this is a permanent solution. Thank you, Crayon!
sun22

Postby crayon » Thu May 12, 2011 10:42 am

lore - i'm gonna try to get some of those Q's answered for you. so stand by.
sun22 - i'm not sure if this is going to be a permanent solution to everything, but looks like your voices were heard and i'm sure there'll be alot of changes to come within in the next few weeks.

crayon
crayon

Postby crayon » Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 pm

The package label will say "Akadot Affiliate." The credit card charges says "Akadot Retail." They are looking into changing things in the next few weeks for akadot and books should still be available at other retailers. Delays to retailers are anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Akadot memberships can be used for Yaoi Club. CURRENTLY- you are not able to combine orders at Yaoi Club with Akadot orders -but there may be some changes in the near future. BookOff items are available on both YC & Akadot - they offer both BL & Non-BL's. The changes were going to happen gradually, would have taken up to 8 months to completely finish the process. But most likely you will see BL books at both sides now. Thanks for your imput and I'm sure they heard your opinions on this issue. You'll see some changes before summer.
Crayon
crayon

Postby lore » Fri May 13, 2011 12:54 am

Crayon - Thank you! Straight answers are so rare from companies, and yet they are a balm to consumer souls!

Speaking for myself, I appreciate that the executives and director of e-commerce paid attention to our issues and acted on most of them. There's really no thanking them enough, because, compared to Amazon's non-answers, this kind of straightforward info seems almost miraculous. But I hope you will try to convey to them how pleased, at least, this one fan is.

I could totally dig the ability to order from both Akadot and YC. I hope they can make that happen reliably. I know it will take someone a lot of programming work, but it will be worth it to the consumers to be able to order from both sites simultaneously.

Thank you and the executives and director of e-commerce again! I very much appreciate the info and the time it took to gather it.

love, lore
lore

PreviousNext

Return to Site Talk