Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Postby furoransu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:51 am

Hi everybody! :D

My name is Florence and I’m looking for a group who would accept me as a typesetter. I also passed the editor test, and I could give a hand in a pinch, but I am much more comfortable with typesetting and I’d prefer to concentrate on that for now.

I’m a woman in my late 30’s, and I’m a HUGE yaoi fan. I read avidly anything yaoi-related I can get my hands on, from manga to novels to fanfiction.

I was born and raised in France but I’ve been living in the U.S. for the last 10 years. I speak fluently French, English and Spanish.

I’m currently working on a college degree in visual arts and art history. I’m specializing in old-fashioned media, such as oil painting and printmaking, but I also took some digital art classes that gave me good skills in using Photoshop and other graphic design software.

I’ve been studying Japanese for 3 years, first at school, then on my own. I just passed the level N4 of the JLPT and I’m now studying for the N3, so I’m probably not good enough to become a translator just yet, but I’m working hard on improving my skills.

Well, I think that’s it for a quick bio! I know I’m late, but I hope someone will be interested in having me in their team. Thank you very much in advance!
furoransu

Re: Typesetter(+ Editor) Looking to Join a Group

Postby Tamuril935 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:44 pm

EDIT: Found a group! Thanks everyone!

Hello Everyone!!

I'm from Oklahoma in the United States. I passed both the editor and typesetter tests for the guild, but I'm more interested in typesetting. I can do quality checks for editing, or help out with the editing if the group's editor is sick or overwhelmed with work, as well. I don't have any true job experience doing it, but I'm self taught, and I've been retouching a downloaded scanlation of Samurai Deeper Kyo with some particularly bad grammar just for fun. I use the freeware image editing program G.I.M.P. for my personal work.

Some personal info about me: I'm 28 years old, attending a 2 year college. I'm working on an Associates Degree in Health Information Technology. I'll be dealing with all the data entry aspects of the medical field, as well as transcribing doctor's dictations. In my free time, I like to play PC, Wii and PS3 games, watch subtitled anime, and read manga, naturally! Of course, I also enjoy working the edit of Samurai Deeper Kyo I mentioned earlier.(One of my favorite manga!) I'm also a fan of reading fiction books, usually of the fantasy genre. Neil Gaiman and Jaqueline Carey are a couple of my favorite authors.

If you're looking for a typesetter that can pull her weight in both typesetting and editing, I'm your lady! You can find my Guild typesetting test submissions here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzcxzdi5o7okq

and a previously badly edited scanlation page that I've done just for fun here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzcxzdi5o7okq

Thanks all!
-Tamuril
Last edited by Tamuril935 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tamuril935

Postby JaeHee » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Hello!
My name is Sonia and so far the only responses I've gotten from PMs have been from people looking for very relaxed groups!

So here is a little bit about me:

I am a 22 year old looking for at least one group. I like to work quickly and have experience working for Storm in Heaven, Aku-Tenshi, and Dangerous Pleasure. I've worked on extremely girly shoujo manga to some pretty heavy yaoi, and regularly read comics varying from yaoi to horror to American comics (namely Walking Dead and Invincible...)
I work quickly and effectively, and I like deadlines. I like to think of editing as problem solving, and have been known to redraw parts of panels to get rid of sound effects, as opposed to just subtitling them.
I graduated from an art college recently and have dabbled in comics as well as having a strong illustration background, so I know my way around comics, the computer, and editing software!
I am super excited to work on comics for an actual company, as opposed to a very loosely run group of people. I look forward to finding a group and working on some comics! :3
JaeHee

Postby Wolfy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Hello!
My name is Denis, but everyone calls me Wolfy.
I'm 18 years old and a major fan of animes and mangas. Japan obsessed. I read and write a lot. Writing is my life. My wish is to be doing this for a living. Doing what I like for a living is even better, for working with more effort.
I'm a typesetter and prepared to work hard and effectively. I read all kinds of manga genres and don't have a problem with any specific genre like yaoi or yuri. I'm fine with both.
I use and have experiance with photoshop software.
I've been doing this for about 2 years now, so I have some experiance with it.
I am looking for a group who is serious about working for DMG.

I will work as hard as I can to manage that the job is done.
Need any more info?
Here's my email: Gapi.neznanec@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to meeting a group.
Wolfy

Postby tehfluffylizard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Group Found!

Hello, all! My name’s Fluffy~ I am a typesetter/editor in search of a group to call home!

I am a 23-year-old college student currently studying get my bachelors in English. I hope to someday become a novelist and graphic novel artist (perhaps, even open my own publishing company), so I would delight in any experience I can get my hands on whether as an editor or typesetter.

While I’ve never done anything like scanlations before, I have quite a bit of experience in Photoshop. I’ve been using it and programs like it for the better part of six years.

I have deep love for all things anime and manga, but I have a particular soft spot (read: obsession) for yaoi that made its first appearance when I was fourteen. I have been reading/writing/drawing it ever since. I have over 200 titles (both English and Japanese) in my yaoi collection alone and it is ever growing.

I’m a pretty laid back person and pretty easy to get along with (or at least I think so xD). I am a hard worker and will put all of my love and attention in making the manga I work on (whether as editor or typesetter) the best that it can be.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and the like! You can also reach me via AIM (namimoriftw) or at tehfluffylizard at gmail dot com~
Last edited by tehfluffylizard on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tehfluffylizard

Postby shishuke » Wed May 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Hello!
My name is María. I passed the typesetter test and am looking for a group.
Please PM me if interested.
shishuke

Postby Kalic0 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 am

My real name is Deb. I passed the typesetting test and am looking for a group. I was accepted a while ago but seem to have missed my notification. I have art and graphic design degrees and am a digital paint artist, so I have lots of experience with digital paint and photo manipulation programs (including photoshop). So, why do I want to be involved? Because, I love, love, love comics...especially romance comics and boys love/yaoi is no exception. I even have some experience doing this job as well (cleaning and typesetting for scanned pages). I would love to join others who need a typesetter for their group. As long as deadlines are clear, I will complete the work on-time!
Comics...comics...I love comics!
Kalic0

Postby Kalic0 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:04 pm

ABOVE ADD CLOSED!
OK - I found an editor to work with but we are still looking for a translator. There will be another add posted on the looking for third thread.
Thanks,
Deb
Comics...comics...I love comics!
Kalic0

Postby MizukiShino » Thu May 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey, I'm a typesetter looking for a group. I have passed the typesetter test already. I have a BA in Graphic Communications, also know as graphic design. I work mainly with Adobe programs such as Photoshop, illustrator, indesign, and others. I can provide examples upon request. I'm good with deadlines and quality of work. I'm looking forward to working with a group. Thank you
Current Groups:
Fuurinkaran
Manga-Joutou!
MizukiShino

Postby Riven » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Hello! I'm yet another typesetter who is looking for a group. :)

I am a 27 year old graphic designer and illustrator with over 10 years of experience with Photoshop. I also self-study Japanese in my free time. I can't think of anything more exciting than working with manga! It's something I'm passionate about. I've always been interested in working with a scanslation group, so here is my chance.

I've uploaded my completed typesetter test pages so that you can see an example of my work. Please check it out! http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ivf79tdt ... 20test.rar

I'm really looking forward to working with you. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you!
Riven

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search