Please save Duex-Press anyone?

Talk about anything Yaoi here.

Please save Duex-Press anyone?

Postby wolfmarc » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello please save this company i liked there prints on yaoi i think they might come back but maybe a little help would be good. :D
wolfmarc

Re: Please save Duex-Press anyone?

Postby lore » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 am

Wolfmarc, Deux Press, which was a part of the Aurora Publishing group, is very much dead and buried. There will be no bringing it back, I promise you. Some of the former staff of Deux formed the Manga Factory (http://mangafactory.net/), however, the group seems to be concentrating on travel and selling off what books they have from the Aurora imprints.

I really miss Deux, too, but no amount of pleading is going to bring it back. A few hundred million dollars might allow someone to start up Deux again, but nothing short of that is going to work.

We ought to have a little eulogy here for Deux, and talk about our favorite titles. I'll go ahead and claim Future Lovers as my fave, so the next people can name it, and also some other Deux titles. ;)
lore

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:22 am

I wanted to buy Kire papa but it's not going to be continued by them so eh. xD Maybe someone else will re license the title since it's quite popular.

From them I have following titles

Love round
Cigarette kisses
Take me to heaven
Future lovers 1-2
Love machine/Etowa
Idol pleasures

I bought them pretty much after they went out of business though. Sorry deux.
Senyoru-Chan

Re: Please save Deux-Press anyone?

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:34 am

For the past two years, Aurora has sold their publications far below cover price. I took full advantage of their sales just so they can be back on their feet and I still own many of their manga. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for them to be financially stable. It was rumored that Aurora Publishing was up for sale in April 2010, so far nothing came out of it. Aurora Publishing and its imprints hasn't published anything since 2009 but they haven't announced that they have went out of business. Still, I can't visualize them still in business since they didn't acquire or publish anything for the past two years. They acquired Man of Tango by Tetuzoh Okadaya which I really like but unfortunately I don't think it will be published in English unless its picked up by another publisher.

I liked that they published josei manga but I simply wished that the titles were better. Its not too bad but it could be better. I keep the LuvLuv manga that I own for nostalgic reasons. I truly appreciate Deux Press acquiring and publishing the work of Est Em. I love Seduce Me After the Show and Red Blinds the Foolish. I know that the artwork was very different a la Basso but I truly enjoy reading the stories. Some of Deux Press' were hits and misses for me but overall, I was very pleased at their eclectic selection of BL/yaoi manga.
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby 2old4yaoi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I feel so sad whenever I thought about what happened to Deux. I have so many of their titles. The titles I really treasured from them are: Kiss All the Boys 1 - 3, Cigarette Kisses, Two of Heart, Future Lovers 1 & 2, Two of Hearts & Mr. Mistress. I really wish a publisher would just buy out the rest of their Mr. Mistress 1 & 2 stock & license & publish Mr. Mistress 3 (although I think AnimateUSA might put in on kindle 1st). It is actually one of Shinba Rize's best works.
And they have some really good titles that I think June should pick up such as:
I Can't Even Breathe Without You by ENJIN Yamimaru
Hisho Ikuseichuu by Sakura Sakuya (the art is so gorgeous & smutty)

And even though it has never been licensed, definitely Amayakana Toge by MIYAMOTO Kano.

The only thing I noticed is that a lot of their titles were licensed from Libre though and things might be harder as Libre is trying to make headway in the digital yaoi literature through their own AnimateUSA venture.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Shroud » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Ah yes..RIP Deux. I'm still buying up volumes from some of their series, thank heavens they seem to have done alrge print runs, as there are PLENTY still about.
beloved volumes of theirs (to me anyway)
Future Lovers
I Shall Never Return
Two of hearts
Kirepapa (wahhhhhhhhhh I want the rest of this)
Cigarette kisses
Noodle Shop Affair (sob, would liked to have rest of this as well)
Mister Mistress
Kiss All The Boys
Yakuza in Love...
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby wolfmarc » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:52 pm

thanks for this and i will say they made a somesort of letter about that on here saying they may be back? but i will contact on that manag factory http://theyaoireview.com/2010/02/21/yao ... #more-1035

i had hoped to get kinky but kind naduki koujima is the best lol :D that title had this really grat trilogy series adn was waiting on the next one i had no idea about waht happend so it took awhile to get then i noticed Be Honest one more not coming out i had pre ordered them ahh if only june manga had like helped somehow :?:

anyway im still going to hope the best one was which i have

Naughty But Nice - Spicy But Sweet and Kinky but kind (not out also Be Honest)
Mr Mistress (Incomplete)
Noddle Shop Affair (Incomplete)
Kirepapa (incomplete)
Cigarette Kisses (recently got paperbook)
Love Machine/Etowa (recently got paperback)
Take Me to Heaven

Notice anything yeah trust me to get incomplete work lol :shock: :lol:
i have not got Kindle but i dont think i will and i know that soem of them have been out by kindle
i want paperback well now im going to ask somehow all i really want is to get the incomplete ones now.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :twisted:
wolfmarc

Postby lore » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Wolfmarc, the post you linked is now over a year old. I believe Manga Factory is what they were hinting at in that post.

Sorry to keep refuting this idea, but I don't want anyone reading through old threads here and getting their hopes up.
lore

Postby Shroud » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:27 am

That's correct. It was the Manga Factory they were talking about. All the titles they had had the licenses reverted back to the J pubs when they dissolved a year ago. Anyone wanting to publish those will have to go through regular licensing channels, as there is nothing of Aurora (Deux' parent company) left to rescue.
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby wolfmarc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:43 am

:( thats right, its sad but i guess we have to just hope some other publisher will pick up the rights to continue teh incomplete series. thanks for the feedback.
wolfmarc

Next

Return to Yaoi Talk