Earthquake in Japan

General things fans would like to talk about.

Earthquake in Japan

Postby sun22 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 am

Just received an E-Manga digital letter, which gave an update on what's going with DMP staff / president [who happened to be in Japan at the moment of the earthquake], and they also gave some really solid donations websites links. Thank you!!!

Also, there are a number of lists available via Google - who list most manga-kas, with their status ("safe" and "unknown" - "no "dead" so far, thank God!); I found these lists very informative and helpful. Most of the manga-kas I know are in the "Safe List" (yay!), but there are a few who are not yet, and my thoughts are with them.

I hope everyone's relatives / friends in Japan are safe and accounted for.
sun22

Re: Earthquake in Japan

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 am

I know, it was VERY sad. My parents actually where trying to get me to watch it on the news, but I refused because its very depressing, and my step-dad was like "Well, I guess she doesn't care aboutt Japan anymore" and I'm like, "well, I do." and then my dad told me to "shut-up"...

Anywho, my ex-counselor's Japanese wife, Mariko, has a family in Okinawa... sooo.... I hope her family is okay too. :shock:
Hiyoshimaru

Re: Earthquake in Japan

Postby lore » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:07 am

Okinawa was hit with a 6-foot wave, but it was almost completely contained by the sea-wall.
lore

Return to General Talk