Burning Questions for Juné / FAQ

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Burning Questions for Juné / FAQ

Postby starlightmuse » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:10 am

It has been brought to my attention that a lot of you have questions and want answers. To keep it simple, if you have any BURNING QUESTIONS that haven't been answered elsewhere on the forum regarding Juné titles or perhaps publishing questions, this is the place to ask.

Please keep it to questions only, and I will answer them as best as possible, perhaps a few a week or so. Posts that are not questions will be deleted. Try to ask ONE question at a time, give a reasonable time length between each (say 2-4 weeks). This post will constantly be updated with answers to the questions.

Please keep licensing requests to the proper thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35
We are trying to keep this thread for very important questions or ones that keep popping up, so should it not belong here we will delete or move it to the proper thread.

Regarding Drunken Love/Haruka Minami: Apparently Drunken Love was prematurely announced, we never got the proper license for this title and don't plan to pursue it for a variety of reasons. As for Haruka Minami, we don't have any plans for any of her other titles although we'll continue to look into it.

Where is Ze 6/Deeply Loving a Maniac? & other distribution issues:
Both books are now available at Amazon, and should also be available at other retail stores. Due to a variety of reasons, it wasn't previously available -- which normally doesn't happen, but on the rare occasion it unfortunately does. We do our best to not HAVE that happen (where a book doesn't get picked up by a distributor), but things unfortunately come up. While we do push sales of our books at Akadot, that doesn't mean we don't want our books to be widely available - we DO. All of our copies for Ze 6 though are sold out at Akadot. We'll try to give warning if a book won't be available, but we can't promise anything.

Why won't you be publishing any of Youka Nitta's titles?: While we have looked into licensing her titles, we cannot reveal why we will not be pursuing her titles due to sensitive confidential reasons.

Will we ever see more of DokiDoki's "Otodama"?: Yes, we are in the process of finalizing the licenses. Licensing terms & release has not been finzalized/determined yet.

Do we have any control over Amazon's release dates on pre-orders, if not, do we know why Amazon shuffles their dates?:
First of all, we do not control Amazon’s release dates or Amazon’s display information.

Amazon have a system. They place an advance order of X copies. They sell those on pre-order. When they get to the last handful, they send in another stock pre-order, and the expected ship date for those is LATER, as they won't have the second stock shipment til then. Then they do this again..and again. So if you see a pushed back date, it is because AMAZON is not guaranteeing that the orders placed NOW will have stock delivered before then. If it is, they get the books sooner. It's why it says BY such a date.

Will we be seeing more DokiDoki titles like Alice the 101st?:
This goes for all DokiDoki titles, we are working on getting the licenses but this will take some time. Thank you for your patience!

Will the rest of Ai no Kusabi or Only the Ring Finger Knows be published?:
Yes, we're working on it.

The last chapter of "Black Sun by OGASAWARA Uki" has been published in the latest Hertz magazine and the Japanese book should be published soon this year. Will 801 media (if this imprint is even still around) license and publish this volume 2?:
If and when BLACK SUN becomes available in tankoubon, we intend to pursue.

Is SHOCKING PINK actually an 801 title?: No, it's not an 801 Media title and is a mistake in Amazon.

Will any of the DMG titles go to print?: Only titles that prove to be very popular online will go to print. I do not have further details concerning the contract, that is all I know right now.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Re: Burning Questions for Juné

Postby lore » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:29 am

So...just how is distribution working for DMP these days? Does DMP plan to stick with Diamond (assuming a decision has already been made, I understand you shouldn't discuss future business with us)?

I think many of us are concerned about the recent Ze v.6 sell-out at Akadot. There are plenty of people out there who aren't looking online for info who are probably still expecting the book from pre-orders elsewhere.

Those of us who are looking are beginning to wonder how reliable a pre-order at some of the bigger retailers - like B&N, Amazon or RightStuf - is going to be from now on. I know you'd love it if we all went to Akadot for our purchases, of course, but, for example, the shipping costs make it almost prohibitive for overseas fans to order there.

Back to more questions: Was Ze 6 and Deeply Loving's distribution issues a one-time thing, or is this going to start happening all the time, or just on a book-by-book basis? Was it an 801 Media book "thing"? Can DMP give us some warning when a book is not going to be distributed past Akadot? And, again, a general idea of how distribution works for DMP, and its relationship with Diamond, would be very enlightening and helpful when communicating with other fans beyond this forum.

Thanks very much for opening this topic!
lore

Re: Burning Questions for Juné

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:08 am

Will we ever get the delayed "Drunken love" or any other Haruka Minami title? :?
Senyoru-Chan

Re: Burning Questions for Juné / FAQ

Postby Noon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Any chance of acquiring Youka Nitta's back-catalog titles such as Haru wo Daiteita, Boku no Koe or her latest work even?

Mod edit: Her titles have previously been rejected.
Last edited by starlightmuse on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: licensing request
Noon

Postby lore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

First, I apologize for breaking the one-question per post rule right off the bat. I didn't read carefully, which makes me a butt. Very sorry about that!

Second, may I ask why Youka Nitta's works have been rejected - is this by DMP or her publisher?

I don't see this so much as a licensing question, because we're all wondering if her many BL works, in general, are ever under consideration at June or 801. She seemingly has the popularity of Yamane Ayano, so questions and requests about her work come up often.
lore

Postby lore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

That said, will we ever see more of DokiDoki's "Otodama"?
lore

Postby lore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Does DMP have any affect on Amazon's constant shuffling of release dates on pre-orders, or does DMP know how and why Amazon does such shuffling? Thank you!
lore

Postby Noon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Will we see more of DokiDoki's Chigusa Kawai's Alice the 101st?
Noon

Postby Tharayn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 am

The sixth volume of the Ai no Kusabi Novel is not the end.
Will June publish the last books as well?
Tharayn

Postby nycmango » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm

The last chapter of "Black Sun by OGASAWARA Uki" has been published in the latest Hertz magazine and the Japanese book should be published soon this year.

Will 801 media (if this imprint is even still around) license and publish this volume 2?
nycmango

Next

Return to Juné Titles