Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Postby zelfer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:46 am

Hi guys~ I'm zelfer and I passed the Typesetter test (and the editor's test).
I'm looking to join a group with a Translator and Editor, or with just a Translator (I can also be the Editor).
Please PM me if you're interested.

Main program of choice: Photoshop CS3

Other things about me: I studied Japanese for about 1 year (very basic stuff) and I absolutely love reading manga (especially Yaoi)! >w<

Examples of work:
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?rzzl74myvg60g6g
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ao2zll777cxz7
http://www.mediafire.com/?9nzj95xcp22bmpy
(I actually started editing this with my own translations [chi > eng] but stopped when another group released this. I did about 8 pages in total but I'm just showing the first 3. If you're interested in seeing the rest, just PM me and I'll send you the links.)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting your PM's and can't wait to start working with you! XD
I really hope I'll find a group as it looks like there are only a handful of translators and they are already in a group. *crosses fingers*
I'm a Typesetter + Editor.
Looking for: Translator or a group to join.
PM me if interested. Don't worry, I don't bite (much). XP
zelfer

Postby msan30 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 am

Hi all,
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Mike and just recently passed the typesetter test for DMG. I am currently looking for a Editor and a Translator. I like anime and manga, but also am familiar with art as a whole. I have 5 years industry experience as a graphic artist, and have been drawing and painting seriously for about 10 years. Please take a look at my site below if you are interested and I look forward to working with everyone.

My portfolio site:
http://msandiego.carbonmade.com/
msan30

Postby BlackNightButterfly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 am

Hello everyone, typesetter or editor here. Has some experience with graphics software like photoshop, gimp, and illustrator. Can generally learn new software very quickly and has an adaptable schedule. Can get things done on time without sacrificing quality. PM for test samples :) (n_n)"
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has courage to loose sight of the shore.
-unknown-
Editor: Jessamine
Translator: covarla, kaionIriu
Typesetter: BlackNightButterfly, Elrohon
BlackNightButterfly

Postby Elrohon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey guys~!

Well, yeah, I completed the typesetter test, and am looking for a group to join! There's not much to say, I typeset online as it is, so I have experience! I don't mind anything, I read too much manga for anything to bother me :P (well, certain subjects do bother me, but that's a small list). So far, I've only done Manwha, but I can easily switch to Manga with no difficulty at all :P

Work I've done:
http://manhwa.grumpyland.com/reader/Zippy_Ziggy/44
http://manhwa.grumpyland.com/reader/Zippy_Ziggy/45
http://manhwa.grumpyland.com/reader/Zippy_Ziggy/46

PM me :D
Elrohon

Postby Yukiari » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello, I'm looking to join a group, I'm good at typesetting and editing. I have no samples to show you but if you'd like to test me I'm up for a challenge. I do my work mainly in Photoshop but I'm willing to learn other programs. Let me know if anyone is looking as I'm open to all sorts of projects whether it be Shoujo, Shonen, Lilli, or Yaoi. Thank you.
Yukiari

Postby canary » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:31 am

Hi. :)
I’m Anna, nice to meet you all!

I'm registered on DMG for the typesetter, I just passing the test, so now I’m looking for a group.

So, about me:
I'm a fan of manga, I read a lot of all kinds, and I prefer Seinen Yaoi and Shounen-ai manga.
I remake SFX in good quality, I did a lot of practice self taught with the most common graphic design software.
Since I've always had the desire to work in manga editing, I'm very happy for that opportunity!
let's hope It could really work out for me this time.
I'm an careful worker and I would like to team up with responsible people who can meet deadlines. I'm hoping we can complete a lot of books in a year.
If you want I have samples to show you but if you'd like to test me please feel free to do ^_^.
canary

Postby spearcarrier » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi all.

I passed the typesetter test and am looking for a group. I have a lot of time on my hands and can handle more than one page a day.

My typesetter experience is next to nothing, I'm afraid to say. Most of my lettering experience comes from working on my own stories online. To make up for that I tend to put quality first and am willing to take criticism and make changes.

I'm not really looking at being a spokesperson. I just want to typeset.

Nice to meet you all.
spearcarrier

Postby KittyLoire91800 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 am

EDIT: Our Group is Complete

Hello all! My name is Kat (or Kitty). I recently found out that I passed the typesetter test and now I’m looking for a group to join. Here is a little about me. I’m usually described as shy and quiet, but also funny and a little bit odd. I like playing video games, watching anime, reading (manga/novels/fanfics), arts & crafts, drawing, making things like icons and wallpapers for friends, and listening to music (J-Rock, Anime OSTs, & Video Game OSTs).

I have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with minor in Art. I have been working as a freelance web designer for 5 years. I have about 15+ years of experience with graphics programs such as JASC Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop. I hadn’t done any typesetting before taking the DMG test but, the techniques used on the test I have used on personal projects before. I prefer to draw on lined paper so I’m always scanning my drawings and cleaning them up on the computer.

I have a flexible schedule and I don’t have a problem with working on any type of manga. I always try to do the best job that I can and I’m willing to accept input and learn from it. I’m hoping to find a group that is serious about getting things done but can be flexible and have fun together. Please PM me if interested. Thanks for reading and I’m happy to be a part of this with all of you! ^__^
Last edited by KittyLoire91800 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
~ Defiant Endeavors LT ~ WordPress | Twitter
“If We Screw Up, We’ll Screw Up Together, And We’ll Have Fun Doing It.”

~ DESLT Members ~
Translator : Leighann Harvey
Editor : Andi Van
Typesetter & Group Rep : Kalé Luna
KittyLoire91800

Postby robotdreams » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Found an editor. Now looking for translator!!!
pm if you have any questions!

~Robotdreams
robotdreams

Postby shishuke » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 pm

My name is Maria Martin.
I'm typesetter and I don't have a group because the test result was losen and today I have known the result.
I love yaoi and I would like to work in this industry.
I promise to work hard and do my part even if I have to stop sleeping, hehe.
Email: mariaml254@yahoo.com
shishuke

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search