Editors Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Editors Looking to Join a Group

Postby coolcooldan05 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Hello,

I'm Dani and like everyone here I'm looking for a group to join. Though I was a bit late, I do hope to find one.

A little bit about me:
I love to read manga, but I also love the Japanese culture which is so unique and intriguing. Manga was my introduction to comics and anime. Afterward my cousins started a manga blog which I helped edit, though they quickly ran out of steam and gave up on it.

I graduated college with a Bachelor's degree in English just recently so editing my sentence structures has been ingrained in mind.

I really don't want to post a resume, but just know I do qualify and would like to work hard with a translator to getting the right translation of the piece. PM me if anyone needs an editor.
coolcooldan05

Postby Shadow0600 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Waiting to hear back on some messages, so I'll repost here in the meantime:
Hi, I'm Shadow0600, or my real name is Sara. I'm yet another editor looking for a group to work with. I have a BA in English, and I also took two years of Japanese while I was in college. Unfortunately, my fluency is not up to translation, but I do have a working understanding of the style of the language. I love manga in general, and have a passion for BL and look forward to help translate more into English. I hope to hear from others soon!

To add some more detail, while I don't have much professional editting experience, I have been freelancing (emphasis on the free) as a proofreader for playbills for high school shows, and bulletins and newsletters for awhile now. I also editted the play my roommate wrote for our old high school, which they performed maybe three years ago now. I was editting things others had written even before I went to college for it, so I can say that I have been editting for over ten years.

Feel free to PM me, or I can be emailed at either phoenix195@yahoo.com or sara@fashdesign.com. I usually check both emails more than once a day.
Shadow0600

Postby Goonka » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Hey. Name's Jacob. I also go by Goonka. I'm just looking for a group, preferably of people who aren't intellectually challenged.
Qualifications:
A+ in English all through Middle and High School
Amateur English Tutor
Freelance Editor (Mostly for classmates/friends/friends of friends)
I love Manga, but my heart lies in Science Fiction Novels.
I spend all day on the computer anyways, so I won't have a reason to be late with editing.

What I want in a group:
People who aren't going to be late with translations
People who aren't going to backseat edit (If I somehow make an error, that'd be cool to let me know, but don't go changing around my edit without asking me.)
A name that doesn't suck completely. (I've seen some bad Scanlation Team names, believe me.)

Yeah, so I don't have a degree, but I passed the test (And I had it ready within 30 minutes.).
Anyways, if you're not completely put off by the way I sound, email me or PM me.

Featherinmycap@gmail.com
Goonka

Postby Maplerose » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Well, I passed the test for editing and I am here. I am a college student majoring in International Studies with a soon-to-be minor in Education. I am taking a Japanese class and whatnot. I don't read BL often, or manga, or watch anime (talk about minority), but I do enjoy them when I do. I am currently "reading" ペットショプ オブ ホラース。 I check my e-mail(s) at least 3 times a day and will get back to you promptly. I live on the West Coast of the U.S. and I plan on teaching ESL English either abroad or within the U.S.
You can contact me by e-mailing me at choang13@gmail.com or PMing me for more information.
Maplerose

Postby Jessamine » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:42 am

Hello, my name is Jasmin (Jessamine) and I am looking for a group to join. I'm an English literature student in my junior year. I'm 20 years old and I've been a fan of comics, anime, manga, and video games since I was little. I'm hard working, always obey deadlines, and I'm open to comments or suggestions (which are especially welcome since I know not everything is transferable from Japanese to English). I've never worked for a scanlation team, but I do have some experience with proof reading/editing from my English classes and my own personal writing. I would make a great addition to anyone's group or for anyone looking to start a group. PM asap if you are interested in working together.
Editor: Me
Typesetters: BlackNightButterfly, Elrohon
Translators: KaionIriu, covarla
Jessamine

Postby lokineko » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello!

Please call me Loki (it's actually on my government issued ID card... :D ). I'm obviously an editor looking for a group.

I currently work as a Technical Writer for a software company, so I frequently take "Developer-ese" and massage it into "Consumer-ese." I have over six years of paid work experience with technical writing and editing. We will not speak about how long I've been into anime and manga, as that would make me feel old.

I'm the type of editor who will either bother the translator or the reference the original text if I don't understand the translation. I want text to sound natural in English, but I don't want it to deviate from the intention of the artist/writer.

I also plan on taking the translator and typesetter tests. Assuming I pass, I can't edit my own translations without a day or two to make the transition from thinking in Japanese to thinking in English.

Please PM me if you're interested.
lokineko

Postby Semaru » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:45 am

Hi All,

I've passed the editor and typesetter tests, and I'm comfortable with both.
My degree is in English: Technical Communications, and I have experience as a QC'er for comics and mangas. Since they don't have that position here, (or maybe they're going to do that once we send it back?) I guess I'm an editor and typesetter.

A little about me:

I love yaoi and shojo and shonen mangas and anime- favorites right now are Skip Beat, XxxHOlic, Breath, EyeShield 21 and Junjo Romantica. I've been reading manga and watching anime for over 10 years now (omg, I'm getting old!)

I've also designed flyers and brochures for non profits and businesses.

Right now I'm looking for either a slower paced group, since I also help run 2 other businesses during the week, or a larger group, that would only need my help part of the time. I estimate I can do 1 book every other month, or something like that.

I can send my editor and typesetter tests to anyone who is interested, along with one of the brochures I've done. If you're interested, send me a PM
Semaru

Postby BlackNightButterfly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 am

Editor or typesetter looking for a group. I don't have a degree or anything professional. I do have years of pre-ap and AP English. Have done some rewrites and editing for some people but mostly things like homework and attempts at a short story/ fan fiction. I also have an adaptable schedule. PM me :)
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has courage to loose sight of the shore.
-unknown-
Editor: Jessamine
Translator: covarla, kaionIriu
Typesetter: BlackNightButterfly, Elrohon
BlackNightButterfly

Postby kateison » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm Kate, an accepted editor to this lovely guild. I'm an experienced editor for both analytical and creative works (including comics), and would love to join a team! I've been a huge fan of manga for a few years, and have avidly read a number of series. Even though I'm probably one of the younger editors on here, I hope to lend a capable hand! Here's to future success~!
Les jeux son fait. Nous sommes fucked. [part missing].

Editor looking for a team.
kateison

Postby scratchy211 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 am

I'm an editor by the name of Stephen Nachtsheim.
looking to join a group, have min experience but very skilled, and works hard
scratchy211

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search