Editors Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Editors Looking to Join a Group

Postby starlightmuse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:44 pm

This is for editors who don't have a group yet.

Please keep it friendly and give a brief bio .

Please PM each other to keep this thread clean, and edit your post once you're no longer looking. I apologize the forums are still broken, you can follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1495 to edit.

Once you have formed your group, please keep that to yourself for now. We will inform you when we need that information. Please also choose a group representative, and remember the rep will handle all communication and payments. Thanks!
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Re: Editors Looking to Join a Group

Postby yaoi_fan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 pm

I posted this in the other thread, but here it is again in case anyone's still looking.

---
Hi, all. I passed the editing test, and so am looking for a group. I'm 31 and a big fan of yaoi (Fumi Yoshinaga, Yugi Yamada, and Yukine Honami are some favorites), as well as shoujo (e.g. Skip Beat) and video games (esp. Fire Emblem), as well as the usual anime/manga fare (e.g. Naruto). I'm very responsible, consider my work to be of the highest quality, and my real-life work hours are somewhat flexible so I shouldn't have any problems fitting these assignments into my schedule. Although I'm definitely interested in doing editing or writing for a living, I haven't really pursued it because it doesn't pay that well. But I'm looking forward to this opportunity to join in the fray. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like to team up! Cheers.
yaoi_fan

Postby AkinaSumora » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:34 pm

I'll repost my entry from the old thread as well. ^_^

Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you! I'm Jen, yet another editor to join the guild. (I noticed there are several of us.) So, how do I set myself apart?

I have recently graduated from college with a BA in English, concentrating on writing. I want to be a writer of young adult fiction in the future, and I read many young adult fiction works. And yes, I also read manga.

I also have a minor in Japanese, and took 2 intensive-level classes in the language, which is like taking 2 year's worth of classes in one year. I work on translating random things every now and then, like song lyrics and short stories from Japanese magazines, just to keep myself in practice. But since I'm nowhere near fluent, it takes me a really long time, so please don't look at me as a backup translator unless we have a lot of time to work on stuff.

So I have some experience with what the editors here are required to do, and a better than average command of the English language thanks to college. And at this time, being fresh out of college, I'm unemployed, so I'll have plenty of time to work on projects with my team. If you would like to see a bit of my translating work, here are 2 links to the first 2 parts of a story that was serialized in Tales of Magazine.

http://raine-sage81.livejournal.com/2009/06/14/
http://raine-sage81.livejournal.com/2009/08/04/

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to whomever I work with! Congrats to everyone who was accepted!
Editor/Potential Translator
Seeking: Typesetter/Translator

http://www.digitalmanga.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1498&start=0#p7194
AkinaSumora

Postby meganinja » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi!! I passed the editor test and I really hope I can join a group!! I'm a huge fan of yaoi but I read a lot of other genres as well. I'm very responsible and will have things done by the deadlines. I work well with others and am great at communicating. Please PM me if you're in need of an editor!!
meganinja

Postby puritybrown » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi, all! My name's Katherine. I'm 31, a freelance editor and writer; I sometimes review graphic novels for the Irish Times, and I also review manga for Manga Village. My chief interest is in BL and fantasy/supernatural stories, but I'll read anything if it's good. My top 5 favourite manga ever (in no particular order) are: Tekkon Kinkreet, Blade of the Immortal, Junjo Romantica, Swan, and Maiden Rose.

My thoughts on translation: I often get frustrated with manga translations being overly literal, or clunky, or just not flowing very well or sounding natural in English. All too often, I find the characters say things in a weird way that throws me out of the story because I'm either thinking "what does that mean?" or "wow, that's a weird way of saying that". So my number one priority as an editor will be making sure that the translation sounds right in English.

I am also punctual and meticulous, with a good eye for detail. Typos and punctuation errors curl up and die when they see me coming.

I hope to do excellent work with you!
puritybrown

Postby janetburnett » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:49 pm

UPDATE 2/20/11 - No longer all alone! Steamy Side Productions now up and running with editor, letterer and translator!! Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading yaio for a few years now, having accidently discovered Our Kingdom while looking for manga for my daughter's birthday. I had no idea such things were out there, but I quickly became hooked. Among my many favorites are The Finder Series, Crimson Spell, Tea for Two, Love Mode, Ze, and Totally Captivated, but I have a bookcase full of other BL titles, as well as another full of mainstream manga.

I think my strongest asset for this type of work is that, as a romance writer, I understand story structure and character motivation as well as story continuity. I feel I will be able to navigate through rough patches in a translation to present the story as the manga author meant it to be presented. Also, I have a strong work ethic and will complete any jobs I'm assigned. I hope my ability to express thoughts clearly and grammatically is showcased here and in my other postings.

I'm excited about this project and want to strive for its success. Programs like this can foster a lot of dynamic cooperative energy, but can also become bogged down by people allowing their enthusiasm to blind them to the reality of the work involved. I'm aware of the commitment needed and the importance of meeting deadlines.

I look forward to partnering with others who realize the importance of keeping their commitments and producing excellent projects!
Last edited by janetburnett on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STEAMY SIDE PRODUCTIONS
JanetBurnett * SoubixLoveless * hanabi_sky* Cosmos
Working together to make this Guild a success!
janetburnett

Location: Beautiful Missississippi - Wait, is that too many iss's?

Postby Cinder.L.Li » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Hey..I Posted In Da Other Thread But I Dont Think Any1's Gonna C It >.<

I Passed Da Editors Test A Few Days Ago N Had Like No Luck Findin A Group..Some1 Please!!!
I No Typin Like Dis Is Gonna Look Like Im Gonna B A Bad Editor But I Type Like Dis As A Habit 4 Forums N Chats...
Im Reallllllyyy Young Compared 2 Every1 Else On Here But I Can Work!!! :D
Pleassseee!!!!! (I Sound So Desperate)
Cinder.L.Li

Postby SoubixLoveless » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey all, also here looking for a group. I am a capeable editor AND typesetter, incase any of you are looking for either of those two things ... like the rest of you, I love yaoi :) it's so yummy @_@ and it would amazing to work with the manga instead of just reading it. I recently lent a hand in editing some of the Vassalord manga and am looking for other projects out there, on the net, to help out with...simply to gain experience. Anyway, please contact me if you are interested in forming a team with me! I can be either editor or typesetter... so if you editors want a typesetter - here I am :D

I also posted in the typesetter topic and...it seems like we all need a translator!

So, let me know if you're in this with me.

addict2doujinshi@aim.com

Chatango: SoubixLoveless

or PMs here! Thanks a lot, looking forward to working with you. ;)
STEAMY SIDE PRODUCTIONS:
All positions filled! -happy dance-
SoubixLoveless

Postby SoubixLoveless » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 am

Actually - if editors are interested in allowing me to be their typesetter...I'm game! [I think it doesn't help my case any...considering I spelled some things wrong previous post. heheh...@_@]
STEAMY SIDE PRODUCTIONS:
All positions filled! -happy dance-
SoubixLoveless

Postby mikaJunkie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 am

Hello,

My name is Diana, but my pen name is A. Trifol. I am an Editor trying to find a group or form a group. My love of anime and manga started when I was in high school. It wasn’t until I was in college that a friend of mine introduced me to yoai. From the first book she lent me I was hooked. Now, having the opportunity to be an editor for this project is a dream come true. But I am not just into yoai, I also write erotica in my spare time. If you would like some of my writing before you make your decision, feel free to send me a PM or an email: ambertrifolium at gmail dot com.

Edit: I have a group now!
Last edited by mikaJunkie on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Group: (Name in progress)
Position: Editor
Seeking:
- Translators (2)
mikaJunkie

Next

Return to Group Search