Groups of two looking for a third

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Groups of two looking for a third

Postby starlightmuse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm

For those of you who already have a group of two looking for a third. Everyone should have passed the test already. If you wish to wait for the third to pass, then please do so.

Please keep it friendly, give a brief on your group, what position you're looking to fill, and if there are any specific qualifications . A group consists of a letterer, editor, and translator -- groups can consist of more than three people, or less than three if one person performs two tasks (i.e. edits and translates).

Please PM each other to keep this thread clean, and edit your post once you're no longer looking. I apologize the forums are still broken, you can follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1495 to edit.

PLEASE only post once unless you are writing to close your ad. Bumping your post or group will not be tolerated, I will ban you. If you want to adjust your ad details, please figure out how to edit your post. Keep this forum clean.

Once you have formed your group, please keep that to yourself for now. We will inform you when we need that information. Please also choose a group representative, and remember the rep will handle all communication and payments. Thanks!
Last edited by starlightmuse on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Translator needed!!!

Postby drine666 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi!

Team Secret need translator.

We are editor and typesetter with experience, and we search translator to start our projects.

PM me if you are interested ;)

Ja na!
drine666

Re: Groups of two looking for a third

Postby Tayend » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello :)

eternalraven (editor) and Tayend (typesetter) teamed up and are now looking for the 3rd person (translator) that makes them complete.

We offer:

- communication via e-mail/skype/pms (but are open to more suggestions)
- we are serious about our work
- eternalraven has experience with editing (she helped edit and critique a handful of original stories and fanfiction)
- Tayend worked over a year on scanlations
- both have a soft spot for fantasy and mysteries but have generally a wide ranged taste

What are we looking for:

- an open minded translator that wants to get to know us ;)
Passed the DMG test for typesetters. Teamed up with eternalraven and arata21.
Tayend

Groups of two looking for TRANSLATOR

Postby AutumnReader » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Hello,

My friend and I (a Typesetter and an Editor) are looking for a Translator.

Both of us are graduates from UC Berkeley. I have professional experience editing a variety of translated material in the video games industry, and have worked as a writing tutor. As a Marketing Manager, I have worked with game production teams to localize international games for the U.S. market, so I understand the process of making content suitable for the audience here. My friend has experience typesetting her own sets of comics, and has excellent writing skills as well. We are both creative individuals who are very professional but also fun to work with.

Please PM me if you are a translator who would like to join our group.

Thank you.
AutumnReader

Need a translator (who doesn't?)

Postby FasterthanShaun » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello all!

I'm the editor. ragnarocker is the typesetter. We're both really good at what we do and are looking for a translator.

Here's a bit about me, taken from my original post waaaay back a couple days ago and now well buried in the old forum topic:

My name's Shaun and I've done a lot of web and print editorial work, primarily in Western comics and prose fiction. I am not unacquainted with manga, though—I started reading Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha when they were serialized in 22-page issues and still love to pick up new and awesome books like 20th Century Boys, Higurashi When They Cry, Black Butler, and a few others. Looking forward to Vertical's translation of Drops of God. I haven't read BL, but I have edited similar comics, so it should be fun.

I consider dialogue to be a real strength of mine, so I think that looking for ways to express untranslatable Japanese expressions in English should be a fun challenge.

What do you say? Anybody on board? Cheers.
FasterthanShaun

Translator Needed for Love Potion- Closed-

Postby lokivsanubis » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 pm

FOUND. AD CLOSED

Milky and I are looking for a translator.

We communicate well by email and are working on making other ways such skype, MSN and other types like that.

We are lovers of BL as well as other genes.
We have both passed the exam.

About Milky:
A freelance graphic/web designer who has always wanted to be a manga letterer.
I have passed the typesetter test.
I have studied the basics of lettering and retouching in my free time.
I am looking forward to becoming an official and professional manga letterer and cleaner.
I pay a lot of attention to details on both retouching and
lettering so that readers can't tell each pages had Japanese originally.
I am professional and respond quickly to emails. I will work hard and diligently to put out the best product possible.

here is a sample of Milky's work: https://sites.google.com/site/kagenshou/

About (me) Lokivsanubis:

I took a year of Japanese in university and had a large emphasis on Japanese Culture and customs.
I passed as a single for editor.
I am an English minor at my university.
I am a native english speaker and have always done well with writing. (Won several essay contests and scholarships)
I can also be found on Live mocha helping people learn how to read, write and speak English. I regularly edit submission on that site.
I think I would make a good editor.
I am also looking to get into a group to help spread BL to the world.

If we interest you please let us know. We are searching for a translator.
Last edited by lokivsanubis on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Owns over 100 volumes of BL Manga
Owns over 100 scans of BL manga.

Love Potion
Editor- Lokivsanubis
Letter- Milky
Translator-- KudouUsagi
lokivsanubis

Postby Scatterbrain » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi everyone!
We're a group of two persons (an editor and a letterer) located in Argentina.

We offer:
- Communication and efficiency to perform our roles.
- Charly_mza is studying Graphic Design and has experience in his work as an editor.
- I (scatterbrain) am in 4th year of English Translation in university. i have experience editing and correcting my own translations and other texts in English.
- Both of us work in a scanlation project that translates hentai and non-hentai manga in Spanish.

We need a Japanese > English translator. It would be better if he/she is of Latin America or USA. We're open to see the work of the applicant for this position.

PM me or send me an email to xvidal10@gmail.com

We are waiting for our third partner!
Team Bardo:
Scatterbrain (Editor)
Charly_mza (Typesetter)
Hanabi_Sky (Translator)

GROUP COMPLETED!
Scatterbrain

Postby Ikichi » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi!
We are a team of me, Ikichi (Editor) and Izaya (Typesetter) looking for a translator.
We both have experience in our respective fields so you can be assured that we will get the job done properly and in a timely manner.
All translators are welcome, even if you have no previous experience. If you passed the translator test then that would mean that you're good enough for the job, so all are welcome.

Please PM me if you're interested in joining our group.
We are friendly people so don't be afraid :D
Ikichi

Postby Avid Reader » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:50 pm

2/3 of a group: PetGrief (Typesetter) and Avid Reader (Editor)
Require: Translator

Group information:

Avid Reader has strong editing skills from academic and work background and PetGrief has six years of typesetting and about two years non-professional translating experience.

We are interested in a skilled translator who is comfortable working with deadlines, committed to the project and group, flexible with group quirks, and prefers quality over quantity.

Please pm Avid Reader or PetGrief if you would like to join us. Thank you!

Our group is now complete. A translator has joined our group.
Last edited by Avid Reader on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avid Reader

Translator and editor looking for a typesetter

Postby Tenki » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:12 am

Editor based in the US and translator based in Japan looking for a typesetter to join our group!

Groups of two looking for a third--FILLED
I've gotten several replies to our search for a typesetter. Thanks so much to everyone who has expressed interest! We have several good candidates, so I'm closing the search. I'll be contacting everyone in the next 24 hours.

Best of luck, everyone! --Tenki
Tenki

Next

Return to Group Search