Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Postby starlightmuse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:45 pm

This is for typesetters/letterers who don't have a group yet.

Please keep it friendly and give a brief bio .

Please PM each other to keep this thread clean, and edit your post once you're no longer looking. I apologize the forums are still broken, you can follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1495 to edit.

Once you have formed your group, please keep that to yourself for now. We will inform you when we need that information. Please also choose a group representative, and remember the rep will handle all communication and payments. Thanks!
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Re: Typesetters Looking to Join a Group

Postby ficdogg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Edit:
Im in a group now.

Hi I'm Philip and I passed the typesetter test.
Im 21 and in my last year at Computer Science college.

I have experience with Photoshop, cleaning and stuff like that. I have samples prepared for anyone interested, just PM me.
Last edited by ficdogg on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Group rep and typesetter for DMGstardust.
ficdogg

Postby Niku » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello!

Everyone I have PMed so far has already found other group members so I am now openly looking for a group. I passed both editor and typesetting tests but I want to focus on typesetting for now. I have 5-6 years experience doing image editing work in Photoshop and similar programs. I love all kinds of manga from action, romance, comedy and everything in between. My time schedule is very flexible and I will work on nearly any project. Here are a couple samples of what I've done; if you would like to see more send me a PM.

http://orphicanime.files.wordpress.com/ ... ample1.jpg
http://orphicanime.files.wordpress.com/ ... ample2.jpg
http://orphicanime.files.wordpress.com/ ... ample3.jpg

I look forward to working with whatever group I end up with and hope we can bring great manga titles to the forefront.

Niku
Typesetter in the Chahan Project
Niku

Postby Seeshelle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Contact information: PM me
I am: Editor + Typesetter
Teamed with: possibly 1 groups; unconfirmed.
Seeking: translator
BTW, I took 4 years of Japanese, so I can sort of help with translation. But since I didn't apply for translator, I can't be your main translator. I'm a (self-proclaimed) big FMA; Favorite character: Alphonse Elric. I'm slow/forgetful/daydreamer/ living a musical life (no dance), and has low attention span. I love anime and manga so much that I wrote my Japanese essays on them (lol I had no clue all I ever wrote were of anime and manga till someone pointed it out). x3 I love going to cons too. I also have a blog at theotaku.
http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/creamystrawberry
Last edited by Seeshelle on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am: Editor + Typesetter
Teamed with: 1 group
Seeking: translator
Seeshelle

Postby sniper4395 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm a 21 year old male currently graduating with my AA in Communication Design, which is a form of Graphics Design that focuses on how the public views art work in an effort to make advertising more effective. As well I am a half decent typography student and have a few typography projects, such as my typographic sample book and typeface poster, that you might find interesting. My experience in software is mostly in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.

- Ambitious/Determined/Excited
- 5+ years experience with Adobe
- Great team player
- AA in Communication Design
    Typesetter + Editor
    one group of three
    Looking to join other groups
sniper4395

Postby shojosparkles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Hello, my name is Carolina. I've passed both the typesetting and editing test but I feel my strength is in typesetting.

My hobbies are drawing and reading manga. I really love manga and enjoy reading about its history and the way the industry works in Japan. My favorite kind of manga tend to be seinen but I also enjoy BL. Some of my favorite BL mangaka are Aniya Yuiji, Matsumoto Inaki and Akira Honma.

When typesetting, I give much thought to the flow and the composition of the letters and words, however, I'm able to work very quickly without sacrificing any quality at all thanks to my years of familiarity with photoshop. I'm very good with deadlines and have done crazy things to meet them.

In the past, when I designed a website for an English-language fanwork anthology, I've collaborated with translators to translate the site into Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Norwegian, and various other languages, so I'm great at following directions and giving them.

You can either PM me or contact at somoeful [at] Gmail. I hope you consider me. c:
- Typesetter + editor
- Group found~
shojosparkles

Postby Sasami0786 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I passed the letterer and editor tests.

For some examples: MediaFire Folder

Background info:
5 years experience as an editor for Cireus Scans (~Midnight~) and Eternal Dream.
2.5 years experience as typesetter and 1.5 years as cleaner.
A little more of my background. BBA in Computer Information Systems and I'm working on my Masters of Science. Graphic design has been my hobby since I first learned Photoshop and InDesign in 2003.

I'm very laid back and I enjoy humor and/or light banter when interacting with teammates. I'm a very diligent and hard worker. :D
We now have a translator!!
Members: myself, animemiz, and mlm

Contact us by PM or e-mail: sasami0786[at]aol[dot]com
Sasami0786

Postby AirKing » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Update

In a group.
Last edited by AirKing on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Empire
Editor: imperialkat
Letterer Myself
Translator Befrienderer
AirKing

Postby SoubixLoveless » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey all, also here looking for a group. I am a capable editor AND typesetter, in case any of you are looking for either of those two things ... like the rest of you, I love yaoi :) it's so yummy @_@ and it would amazing to work with the manga instead of just reading it. I recently lent a hand in editing some of the Vassalord manga and am looking for other projects out there, on the net, to help out with...simply to gain experience. Anyway, please contact me if you are interested in forming a team with me! I can be either editor or typesetter... so if you editors want a typesetter - here I am :D

I also posted in the Editor topic and...it seems like we all need a translator!

So, let me know if you're in this with me.

addict2doujinshi@aim.com

Chatango: SoubixLoveless

or PMs here! Thanks a lot, looking forward to working with you. ;)
STEAMY SIDE PRODUCTIONS:
All positions filled! -happy dance-
SoubixLoveless

Postby Hoek » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I'VE JOINED UP WITH PEOPLE. Thank you! ^_^

Experience
None professionally, but I have retouched/typeset original Japanese pages on the side as practice and to apply towards making my own manga. I illustrate on the side so I can recreate art if need be. If that level of retouching isn't what the group leader would like to do, then that's fine by me. ( ^_^ )

Examples
This is a file with the pages I finished for the retoucher/typesetter test.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ob3xn43kxb6dozj

Applications
Applications I use for retouching/typesetting are primarily Photoshop CS5 & Illustrator CS5. Sometimes I use InDesign CS5 as well.

Education
I graduated from the International Academy of Design & Technology in Florida with an Associates of Science in Web Design. The courses I took also encompassed Graphic Design & Flash animation. I illustrate (unprofessionally for now) on the side which I feel gives me an artistic edge when it comes to retouching.

Please PM or email me (hoek@rocketmail.com) with some information about your group as well as a little background on yourself if you're interested! Thank you! :D
Last edited by Hoek on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Position: Retoucher/Typesetter

Check Out: My Sempai, Full Bloom v1, Neck-Tie, and more coming soon!
Hoek

Next

Return to Group Search