Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Typesetter and Translator needed.

Postby Dredious » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Still searching for a team here. Figured I should mention I have interned with companies like Tokyopop and have become well versed in the business. I'm an English major and very efficient when it comes to getting work done on time and when contacting my fellow teammates ^_^, now I just need that special team to help deliver something amazing to the world of manga.
210-441-9440 or aj22much@aol.com to contact me
Dredious

Re: Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Postby Ikichi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Everyone I PM seems to be grouped up already, so I'll just post my "ad" again.

I have also passed the editor test and I am now looking for a group.
I have experience as an editor from when I was working with my high school newspaper. I used to be an editor and journalist for the newspaper and started writing books on the side with some other people.
I was accepted into Ryerson University (which specializes in media studies and journalism) for a journalism degree (which I declined to get into psychology at a different university).

That's pretty much all that's important. So if anyone needs an editor I'm pretty much open so feel free to PM me.
Thanks~
Ikichi

Postby lokivsanubis » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 pm

my typesetter and I are still looking for a translator. If you are one of them and looking for an established duo please contact me.

Thank you,

lokivsanubis
Owns over 100 volumes of BL Manga
Owns over 100 scans of BL manga.

Love Potion
Editor- Lokivsanubis
Letter- Milky
Translator-- KudouUsagi
lokivsanubis

translations anyone?

Postby Dredious » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Now in a 2 people team with editor and typesetter all we require is a translator and we are well on our way! contact me with PM if you are the one for the job or if you just need a team!
Dredious

Postby flcl4ever » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Well looks like I am teamed up with a typesetter and we are looking for a translator which seems to be a tread lately. ;)
"Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain
flcl4ever

Editor and Translator needed!

Postby Say » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:29 am

Hello!

I passed the typesetter/letterer test and am currently looking for a group!

I'm a college graduate working out of Japan.
I am certainly not a translator, but I have some knowledge of Japanese as well.
I am most interested in BL manga.
I am quick to respond to emails and finish work. I am meticulous and will do the utmost to make the manga we produce look as professional as possible.

I prefer like-minded group members who are also quick to respond to emails.
Thank you!
Say

Postby Jessamine » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 am

Edit of My Post on Page 13: Me and saiyaman are looking for a translator. If you are interested in starting a team with us please pm me, saiyaman, or both or reply to one of saiyaman's pms if he has sent you one. Again, looking for a translator.
Editor: Me
Typesetters: BlackNightButterfly, Elrohon
Translators: KaionIriu, covarla
Jessamine

Postby Tayend » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 am

Hello everyone!

I just passed the test as typesetter and now I am looking for an editor and translator. I am from Germany but I am fluent in Polish and English as well. I offer communication via MSN/Skype/E-Mail or forum messages. I already worked for a scanlation group, however that was quite a while ago but I think that I learned there some nice tricks and how to speed up my work if I have to. I am female, 24 years old and college student in a university of education. I hope to hear from you and I am willing to answer some more questions if you have any ; )
Passed the DMG test for typesetters. Teamed up with eternalraven and arata21.
Tayend

Postby Zumae » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 am

Hello all!!!! XD

I am an editor by the name of Zumae. I just received the 'okay go' on becoming an editor, and am having a hard time containing my excitement. I hope that if offered the opportunity that I will be considered a great asset to a group.

A little about myself, I'm 20 years old, however I will be turning 21 this march. I attended Hunter College in the city of New York. Though I am pursuing a degree in Biology, I have also entertained thoughts of becoming a publisher or an editor. Being as how reading manga is my favorite past times, I feel like the guild is a great opportunity for me to explore my desire to become an editor while feeding my obsession. I am an adamant fan of the yaoi genre, so I definitely will not cringe from anything sent my way.

About the way I edit, I always try to edit in a way that the authors voice will not be lost. I always work hard not to impose my own voice into someone else's work. In this way the story can stay true to the author, while being expressed in a cleaner and clearer fashion.

My experience is for editing is limited to taking honors English classes in high school, as well as being one of the editors/writers for my high school newspaper and magazine. However I am willing to learn anything and everything to produce a high quality of work, not only for myself but for other fans out there.

I hope that you will consider me seriously and make contact soon.

Sincerely,
Zumae
Zumae

Need a translator

Postby Say » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 am

Zumae and I have teamed up so we are just looking for a translator.
Please feel free to read about us in the posts directly above.

Thanks~
Say

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide