Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Postby eternalraven » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Goodness! There are a lot of editors here. My name is Rei and I have also passed the Editor test. I'm looking to join any group that will have me.

I'm currently a 21 year old undergraduate living in Asheville, North Carolina. I'm majoring in both English and Theatre. While I haven't done any editing professionally, I have been editing and proof reading both fiction and essays for several years now. I've found that my theatre experience has helped me edit dialogue to make it sound natural and fluid as if it were spoken.

I personally enjoy reading both shonen and BL, but I am open to working on any project. I'm passionate about manga and will try my hardest to make something that stays true to the original that also reads naturally. I have a great work ethic and always stick to my deadlines. I'm also open to communication and criticism.

This post makes me sound so formal, but really I'm pretty easy going. I'm looking forward to gaining editing experience in a media that I love. Please feel free to PM me if you're interested in joining a group with me or have questions.
Passed the Editing test. Teamed up with Tayend and we're still on the look out for a translator.
eternalraven

Postby lys » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi y'all! I realized that with my post being the very second one in this thread, it was probably catching many people's eyes. I can't figure out how to edit that post anymore (am I overlooking something or did the edit function go away?) so I'm posting now just to say I'm no longer looking for a group. Good luck to you all in finding teammates!
lys

Postby Alannaeowyn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Editor looking for group

Hello! I just got my test results back, and now that the raptures of joy are past I'm on to the practical. I need a group. I'm willing to work on shounen, seinen, shoujo, or josei; I don't much mind shounen ai or shoujo ai, but I'd prefer to avoid yaoi and yuri. I have ridiculous quantities of time on my hands, so deadlines shouldn't be a problem. As an aspiring author who's better at dialogue than plots, I've always wanted to try my hand at editing, but never had the chance--especially one that doesn't require me to use Photoshop.

I hope we can get along!
Editor, looking for group!
Alannaeowyn

Postby Russesa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Still floating around, making inquiries. Since we can't edit posts, I suggest folks change their signatures, so others know where you stand as far as groups.

Like so. :3
|
V
Russesa

Postby ZepysGirl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Russesa, that is an amazing idea. xD Have an internet cookie.

Really quick advertisement so I'm not off topic:

Hey, I'm Morgan. I passed the Editor and Typesetter tests. If possible, I'd like to work with just 1 other person. So, Translators! I choose you! :D

In a pinch, I suppose I could work as just a group's Typesetter (since there are so many editors), but since editing is my passion, I don't know if I could keep from editing your stuff regardless... I figure the less-drama route is to form a two-person team with a translator.
I am: Typesetter and Group Leader for PURPLE PROSE KILLERS
Teamed with: zhelenstilo, RealizeMu, and dorrie6
ZepysGirl

Postby zhelenstilo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Edit: I've joined a group now. Sorry to everyone still looking for translators (we seem to be somewhat rare if the posts are a good indicator ^_^; ). But thanks for all the interest! ^_^

Hi, I'm Leighann, though I often go by Rana online. I got the notice telling me I passed my translator test, so now I'm looking for a group!

A little bit about me...

I'm from Wisconsin, currently unemployed and fast approaching 30, with a degree in Spanish and a minor in Japanese. I love words in general, and my hobbies include both translating and writing (as well as reading... lots and lots of reading). I'm not a huge people person, and I prefer to not be the one taking charge and coordinating things. But I love translating, and practically live on my computer, so getting a hold of me is almost never an issue. ^_^; My general interests are reading (a lot, in English and some Japanese, mostly science fiction and fantasy, with a smattering of BL novels), writing, anime, manga, translating, crochet (my latest obsession!), computers, and languages.

I don't have any official (as in paid) experience as a translator, but I've been translating for a scanlation group for several years now. I started out in scanlation as a proofreader, though I pretty much stopped with that when I felt comfortable enough with my Japanese to start translating. (I'm only doing translation here.)

I'm a huge fan of BL, from the sugary sweet romantic stuff to the really explicit stuff. I do like other types of manga as well, though I mostly live in the BL world these days. I have a huge soft spot for fantasy and science fiction type stories, but I will read and work on pretty much everything. (Except maybe sports. ^_^; )

So yeah, that's me. As I said, I'm looking for a group to work with. I'll work on just about anything, and I have lots of time on my hands at the moment. So feel free to PM me if you'd interested in working with me. ^_^
Last edited by zhelenstilo on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a translator, attached to a group.
zhelenstilo

Postby Avid Reader » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:45 pm

I received notice that I passed the EDITOR test. The next step seems to be forming or joining a group. If you are in need of an editor please pm me.

I am interested in joining or forming a group that is organized and works well with deadlines. I do not mind being the group’s representative.

(New to the forum so please excuse any errors.)

Editor
Need:
Translator
Typesetter
Avid Reader

Postby Hiou » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Hello! I have passed the Editor test.
I have edited several works with a scanlation group. I'm willing to work on any genre of manga, be it BL, shounen, shoujo, or yuri. I am hard-working, detail-oriented and able to meet up with deadlines. I am currently looking to join any group in need of an editor, please feel free to pm me if you are in need of one. Thank you ^_^
Hiou

Postby xxligeiaxx » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello, my name is Ligeia. I passed the Editor test like a majority of everyone else. ^_^
I'm still in school for an unrelated profession so I don't have a fancy degree to flash quite yet. I do, however, read a lot of BL, and write constantly. I'd like to think I have an exceptional command of the English language, as well as decent group skills. My work will always be done before the deadline, and I pull my weight just as much as I expect everyone else to.
As far as personally, I'm a complete nerd, eccentric, etc. ^-^ I also don't bite people, haha.
I look forward to working with whoever'll take me. :D
xxligeiaxx

Postby KValentine42 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello, another Editor here.

I've been an anime and manga fan for many years as well as an avid convention goer. I have an education and experience in technical writing, which makes it easy for me to convert jargon and raw translations into a format that fits the intended audience. My other writing experience comes from being a Yahoo! Contributor and an anime critic for "The Escapist" online magazine. I often freelance for writing and editing assignments and have a quick turnaround time to keep my work flow steady but not overwhelming.

I would like to ally with a Translator and Typesetter so we can get this ball rolling. Hope to hear from you soon!

-KValentine
I am an Editor
Seeking:
Translator
Typesetter
KValentine42

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide