The Guild Results: Comments and Questions Here

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

The Guild Results: Comments and Questions Here

Postby starlightmuse » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Yes, it's official -- we just sent out the results. A very small handful might not be receiving a result email as your test may not have been graded yet. Otherwise, the majority of you should be getting something in your inbox!

If you have any questions about your email, results, or the next step, please put them here. I will do my best to answer every question.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Re: The Guild Results: Comments and Questions Here

Postby starlightmuse » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 pm

To clarify some of the emails you may be receiving -- it will be clear if you made it into the Guild.

If your email says you are eligible for a second test, it means we want to give you a second chance and fully examine your skills (which may be awesome, but wasn't fully shown the first time around). The second test will be available sometime in February.

If your email doesn't say you are eligible for a second test, it means you didn't make it this time around. Please keep practicing, and you're welcome to try again in the future.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby starlightmuse » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 pm

I can't edit my previous posts, but to answer one question: If you took more than one test, the email you receive applies to all of those tests. There will not be separate emails because we will consider your application as a group.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby jennkei » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks for the grading mails. Given the results address all the positions the applicant tried out for, will three people be needed on one team, or can those who got accepted for two (maybe even three) places serve more roles than one in the group?

I.e. can you have a group with, say, a translator and a typesetter who also edits? I'd understand if you prefer three people who can QC each other, but just thought I'd ask anyway. :)
jennkei

Postby starlightmuse » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 pm

As long as you have taken the test for the positions you desire, and passed, then yes, you can serve more than one role in the group. It is not a requirement to have 3 people (or even more) to form a group.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby Ikichi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

So if we haven't received an email yet, can we be expected to receive one within a few hours to a couple of days?
Ikichi

Postby KaiLi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Is it OK to team up with someone who will take the second test? Or do we have to start grouping with those who already passed?
Thank you for your time.

"Just to reiterate, although it would be helpful to be in a group, you can wait until after you've passed the test to start creating one. There is no advantage or disadvantage to being in a group at this time. This is a place for people who would like to get a head start, and eventually for those who've passed and want to start looking."
KaiLi

Postby izanagi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 am

I just wanted to stop in and second the gratitude. Thank you so much for grading, announcing, e-mailing us, and answering all our questions! ♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
izanagi

Postby himekohimura » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 am

Just have a question about the next step for my group.

I was wondering after the members of a group creates their own accounts, how will you know they are part of the group? Should we email the list of members? And should the lead contact person have their own individual account or should that person have their own individual account too?
himekohimura

Postby StupidIncarnate » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 am

Ditto on the congratulatory shout out. I can only imagine how much work grading and processing everything must have been.
StupidIncarnate

Next

Return to The Guild Guide