The Team Intro Thread

A place for street team members to chat, hang out, talk about trips, talk about other stuff... you get the idea.

The Team Intro Thread

Postby Evan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:39 pm

HI EVERYONE! :D

Welcome to the PJT Street Team - the surefire way to score points with the popular kids at your school AND the neat way to earn a trip to Japan. (Not too sure about that first one, but hey, I can dream, right?)

This is the "introduce yourself" thread, and I'd be a horrible host if I didn't start us off, so...

NAME: Evan
Describe yourself in three words or less: Odd caffeinated guide
What do you like about Japan?: The efficient public transit, the food, the people, the music, the cheesy television shows... this is a long list.
Why did you join the street team?: Because it's where the cool kids are. ^_^
Hobbies: Cycling, reading manga, running, traveling, designing tours, acting silly.
Favorite Food: Okonomiyaki
Pet Peeve: That person in the DMI parking lot who ALWAYS HAS TO PARK HER CAR OVER TWO SPACES as if the lines didn't apply to them. Grr.
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I'm thrilled to be a part of this, and hope you are too!
Evan

Re: The Team Intro Thread

Postby Gigi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 am

Me next!

NAME: Gigi
Describe yourself in three words or less: Compact, Loud, Fun!
What do you like about Japan?: Anime & Manga... duh. ;P
Why did you join the street team?: Because I'm a gangsta yo!
Hobbies: Animeing, Mangaing, Drawing, Shopping.
Favorite Food: Old fashioned baked mac & cheese
Pet Peeve: Injustice!
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I work at PJT. =)
Gigi

Postby PaperKat » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Hello! I guess I'm next. ^_^

NAME: Jen
Describe yourself in three words or less: Odd, quiet, nerdy.
What do you like about Japan?: The culture, the food, the people, the language, the vending machines, the architecture. Pretty much everything about Japan fascinates me.
Why did you join the street team?: Because it seems like fun. ^_^
Hobbies: Reading, designing costumes, writing fanfiction, cooking, and going to the movies.
Favorite Food: chocolate biscottis.
Pet Peeve: People who never use their blinkers when they change lanes. They've almost killed me several times. >_<
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I'm happy to be a part of the team, and hopefully soon I'll be able to take a trip.
"Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is." ~Mushishi
PaperKat

Postby Wendy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm

NAME: Wendy
Describe yourself in three words or less: Shy, caring, kind
What do you like about Japan?: I like a lot about Japan, to be honest. I love the culture, the language, the scenery, the history, the beautiful art forms and architecture.
Why did you join the street team?: I've been spreading the word about PJT since I went on my tour a few years ago anyway.
Hobbies: Cosplay, reading, writing, staffing at anime cons.
Favorite Food: baked potatoes and steak.
Pet Peeve: telling me I can't do something because of my weight and/or medical problems. Screw you! Yes I can!
Comments/anything else: I'm on staff for 2 anime conventions in St. Louis, Kawakon and Bishie Con. You wouldn't believe how much goes on behind the scenes to make things run smoothly.
Wendy

Postby Cindelle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 pm

wOOt! (or Apollonius according to iPhone predictive text...go ahead, you know you want to try it)

I'm the first Canuck!!!

NAME: Erin
Describe yourself in three words or less: Loud, funny, friendly
What do you like about Japan?: Architecture, manga & anime, music, fashion...what isn't there to like about Japan?
Why did you join the street team?: Honestly...free trip :p
Hobbies: Reading, shopping, traveling, watching movies
Favorite Food: Sugar *o*
Pet Peeve: French people who speak in French and think I can't understand them.
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I made some awesome friends when I went to Japan with PJT. We still talk through Facebook and have even spent more vacation time together even though we all live in different parts of the world :) I hope that everyone that goes on a Pop Japan Tour will make at least one friend from out of town!
Cindelle

Postby animerika » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 pm

NAME: Erika
Describe yourself in three words or less: shy, outgoing, oxymoron 8-)
What do you like about Japan?: anime and manga definitely, but I also love the language, culture, technology, and food!
Why did you join the street team?: I want to help promote this awesome company, and it doesn't hurt to get rewarded for it either
Hobbies: Reading manga, learning Japanese, watching anime, playing video games, piano, photography, drawing, rubik's cubing, playing my ocarina, shopping, scooter-ing, and a lot of other random stuff :geek:
Favorite Food: Ice cream! If that's not considered food then either Sashimi or Steak
Pet Peeve: Smokers are at the top of my list. I also hate rubberneckers.
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I less than three DMI
Rock Lee's Spring Time of Youth Ch.2 Pg.12
animerika

Postby rizzochan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 am

NAME: Erissa
Describe yourself in three words or less: gamer, caring, unique
What do you like about Japan?: Almost everything!
Why did you join the street team?: Because I love PJT and want a free trip
Hobbies: Gaming, crafting, Anime, Movies, steampunk, cooking
Favorite Food: Ice cream and pasta
Pet Peeve: Wasting food, Being ignored
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I just opened an Anime Store called Rainy Day Anime.
rizzochan

Postby Evan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm

I can understand the "shy and outgoing" thing... it depends on who you are around, you know? :)

Also wanted to say that Gigi and I are THRILLED to have so many tour alums coming to help us out. You people are a level of awesome that I cannot express in the English Language. Or Japanese for that matter.

FYI, mail for the street team is coming soon - in the meantime, feel free to post other threads, chat, relax, hang out (well, virtually hang out... you get the idea) and so on. WELCOME TO YOU ALL!
Evan

Postby cheify13 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:01 am

NAME: Anthony( But just Call me Cheify evryone does)
Describe yourself in three words or less: Fluffy Funny Chef
What do you like about Japan?: The food the people and the anime
Why did you join the street team?: Because I really wanna go to japan and want to share with others
Hobbies: eading manga, running, traveling, designing cloths cooking
Favorite Food: takuyaki well wanna try japanese made
Pet Peeve: people who act all cool but are big chickens, also those who hate others
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I'm thrilled to be a part of this, and hope I can meet evryone someday
also go to japan hopefully this year hahaha. :mrgreen:
cheify13

Postby ModestKowa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

NAME: Yasmin
FROM: Grew up in Wales, but moved to the US in my teens and am now residing in Louisiana.
Describe yourself in three words or less: Optimistic, unique, Brit :D
What do you like about Japan?: Everything! :3 Well to get specific, I enjoy the culture, the language, the customs, art, architecture, fashion(old and new), their history and their present time, the food and of course I enjoy anime, manga and the video games they create :)
Why did you join the street team?: It would seem that I would be helping out a good cause in adding business into the declining tourism and travel in this recession. Also, being able to let others know about these opportunities will be rewarding and the fact that I can get a discount or a free trip is a nice little bonus :3
Hobbies: Reading (manga, books, scientific magazines and journals), watching anime and Japanese/Korean/Taiwanese dramas, drawing, writing, studying? (I've found myself enjoying my homework for courses in University :3), ice skating and... uh if enjoying me time is a hobby, then thats my favourite Hobby >=D!
Favorite Food: Chicken curry and Rice! (Indian version)
Pet Peeve: Those who prey on the weak! Injustice! And Gossip!
Comments/anything else we should know about you: I'm glad that I can be a part of this time and I hope that my efforts will help out! Hmmm... I may be a psychopath... but I can't quite be sure yet, when I find out, I'll let you know ;D!
ModestKowa

Next

Return to Street Team Central