Questions?

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Questions?

Postby starlightmuse » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Tigu wrote:This question was previously asked but I did not see an answer. How long should it take to expect an email from our Pre-registration? I registered sometime last week and seeing the notice that if we registered between 11 and 3 on Nov 2nd our information may have been lost. Is there a way to confirm our pre-registration or should we register again?

Thank you!

We will be e-mailing everyone who registered soon with further information and a test (within the week we hope). This will be a form of confirmation that we got your registration -- if you don't receive an e-mail when we announce it, then you'll have to register again. We will be in touch once we start putting out tests.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby hanamaru06 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello! I tried looking for an answer to my question earlier in this thread but it doesn't look like it was addressed.

Q. You said you would highly recommend joining as a group versus as an individual; what are the exact pros and cons if I may ask?

starlightmuse wrote:You will get to work on titles with us legally and free of copyright infringement. Again, whether or not you scanlate is not our concern. We would highly recommend you joining as a group though versus as an individual (a letterer, editor, and translator).

Thank you ^^
hanamaru06

Postby lys » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Hanamaru, I don't know anything more than you, but my guess is that registering as a group just makes the process of assigning a project that much simpler. Otherwise it has to be coordinated between three separate people, who may or may not know each other/be used to working together. There's a thread that was just started for individuals looking to join a group or complete a group, so you can post your information there! (I just did :D)
lys

Postby hanamaru06 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:14 pm

@ lys
Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I don't know why I didn't think of that orz

And thank you for letting me know about the group ad thread here! I just submitted something there myself~ :3
hanamaru06

Postby Milky » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:09 am

Are those people who are posting at "Group Search" section already passed the test? or Can I start search for my team even before taking one?
Milky

Postby Seeshelle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:39 am

Say you preregister, can you change what you originally applied for?
ex. you entered your application as a translator, but want to be an editor now. Or you entered your application as a translator, but also want to be editor and letterer now.
I am: Editor + Typesetter
Teamed with: 1 group
Seeking: translator
Seeshelle

Postby lys » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 am

@Milky—the test was just sent out last night, so I don't think any of us posting there have already passed anything. We're just getting a head start on things.

@Seeshelle—if you go to digitalmangaguild.com and log in to your account, there'll be a link to "edit your registration info" and you can check boxes for the other jobs.
lys

Books are under what imprint? DMG? June?

Postby artdjmaster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am

Would the books done by DMG members be published under the DMG imprint? Or would they be distributed amongst the June, Doki Doki, and other DM imprints?
artdjmaster

Credit & Payment

Postby Jennatar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 pm

A quick question in regards to credit, payment, and groups. If you have, say, 10 people in your group, but only 3 work on a title, only those three will be credited and get paid, right? If one person does all three jobs, would they get paid the full amount for three people? Meaning, are localizers to be paid per purchase (ie, paid one sum which is split between how many people actually worked on localizing it), or is each localizer paid a percentage (irrespective of whether they did 1 job or all 3)?

Also, as far as credits go, is it possible to use an alias? I would give DMP my real identity, but I'm not sure if I want anyone who googles my name (ie, my professional coworkers) to bring up a list of BL titles. Can we be credited under an alias, with only DMP knowing our real identity?

Jennatar

Taking the Typesetter/Retoucher Test & Have a Question ^_^

Postby Truanifan678 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm taking the test for typesetter/retoucher and I have a minor question related to the retouch process that I'd like to ask. Do I PM somebody or do I just ask it in a new topic?

This is my first time editing manga for a publisher of any kind and I want to make sure I do it right without making assumptions.

Thank you!!
Last edited by Truanifan678 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truanifan678

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide