Re: Thanks DMP, For Kizuna

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 am

Kizuna Deluxe vol. 1 is available on pre-order at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Kizuna-Deluxe-Yao ... 715&sr=8-5

Kizuna is one of the titles I'm definitely looking forward to purchasing. :D
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby Shroud » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:13 am

Amazon.co.uk also as it for pre-order. since it has an October relse, I'll wait closer to the time I think as I get ant it now itis :P I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to owning it however! Along with Finder and Embracing Love, one f my all time fave BL stories. Though I admit to being a bit nonplussed about the weird shojo story she did about the sister and the boy with the cow. However, for completenes, would be nice to see it included, perhaps as an extra, in one of the volumes.
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby 2old4yaoi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 pm

OK - maybe it is time I drag my feet & give Kizuna another try. I had watched the anime & read most of vol 1 but just did not find the art nor most story lines appealing at all. Since so many of the yaoi fan girls/ladies here whose tastes in yaoi literature I respect have been gushing about it, I think I will give it another go. I do like sensei's other works "Mezase Hero" though - it is truly funny & highly entertaining.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:32 pm

@2old4yaoi - The artwork in Kizuna changes throughout the series so its inconsistent. Not everyone is going to be pleased with the art style at the begging, so it depends which volumes exude Kodaka Kazuma's best artwork. Kizuna was published from 1992 to 2008, so it took some time for her to finish the series. The last volumes of Kizuna actually show Kodaka's current art style.

I will admit that I'm not too fond about Kodaka's current art style. Regardless, Kizuna was actually the first yaoi manga that I read, and it still remains one of my all-time favorite yaoi manga.
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Is it worth buying? I tried to watch the old anime but got a little bored. And I don't think the guys look that hot. rofl The story could be good though?
Senyoru-Chan

Postby lore » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Senyoru-Chan wrote:Is it worth buying? I tried to watch the old anime but got a little bored. And I don't think the guys look that hot. rofl The story could be good though?

The story is one of the better ones I've read (through Volume 8), although there are some things that bother me. The relationship between Kei and Ran is a romantic's dream and totally worth the price of admission after the first volume.

I find myself conflicted about the secondary couple: Kai and Masa (btw, the names? Kai and Kei are brothers - I hope the Kanji looks different at least!). Their backstory jumps around in time. I believe Kai is of-age in the current story continuity, but some things that happen to him in the past happen while he's clearly under-age, which makes me do the unhappy squirm. He's also somewhat unlikable because of his actions in the early volumes, but he goes through so much that he might fully win me over in the end.

I guess I'm saying that the story keeps me interested and entertained, and I wouldn't give up Kei and Ran's story for the world. If you want spoilers on the series, they can probably be found by reading old reviews or poking around online.

love, lore
lore

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:47 am

Is it in thee big or small format? xD
Senyoru-Chan

Postby lore » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:37 am

Senyoru-Chan wrote:Is it in thee big or small format? xD

On Amazon, it says the product dimensions are: 7.2 x 5.1 x 1.3 inches
Tokyopop's standard product dimenions are" 7.3 x 5 x 0.6 inches

So it's a tad shorter but also a tad wider than a standard TP book. Also, much thicker, because these deluxe editions actually contain 2 volumes of the original 11-volume series.

love, lore
lore

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:23 am

As it is an double volume I was hoping it would be bigger but I guess I can live with that. I suppose the paper is thinner like in the "Yellow" omnibuses?
Senyoru-Chan

PreviousNext

Return to Yaoi Talk