I have a random question!

Talk about Ayano Yamane's Finder Series!

I have a random question!

Postby kinziechan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I have been in love with Viewfinder for some time and have always been confused as to why it is called "Finder Series" within the states, as most fans call it Viewfinder (VF). Something random thats been bothering me. Was the name kept from the original translation?
And theres my question. I will wait to hear on the forums if its been censored or not. =)
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
User avatar
kinziechan
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am
Location: Western US

Re: I have a random question!

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:14 pm

In Japanese, "Faindaa" is katakana for "finder/viewfinder". There isn't really much of a difference in translation, it all depends on the publisher how the way they want to translate the title of the series. Personally, I do like "Target in the Viewfinder" better than "Target in the Finder" which Be Beautiful translated it as. Also, I also encountered a few that called the series "Finder".
Ruby_Alexandrine
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 am

Re: I have a random question!

Postby kinziechan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 pm

I know what it translates literally to. ^^;;
Usually, though, when your Japanese copies say "You're my Loveprize in Viewfinder" on the side, you translate it to "Viewfinder."
Like I said, a random question and something thats been nagging me.
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
User avatar
kinziechan
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am
Location: Western US

Re: I have a random question!

Postby Shroud » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm

It's not been censored. I have a review copy, you can read the review at http://reddeerforum.co.uk/?p=682 Yamane sensei is VERY picky about how her work is handled and keeps an eye on it; I can assure you from speaking with her on Twitter that NOTHING gets altered, not even a WORD, unless she decides its ok. Oh, and she has REALLY REALLY cute cats.if you are on twitter, you should follow her, she tweets in English and will talk to fans (so will Miyamoto Kano, who is also on there, and tweets in English, so come join us).The name question I'll leave to someone else :lol:
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
User avatar
Shroud
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 am
Location: NW England

Re: I have a random question!

Postby kinziechan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Shroud wrote:It's not been censored. I have a review copy, you can read the review at http://reddeerforum.co.uk/?p=682 Yamane sensei is VERY picky about how her work is handled and keeps an eye on it; I can assure you from speaking with her on Twitter that NOTHING gets altered, not even a WORD, unless she decides its ok. Oh, and she has REALLY REALLY cute cats.if you are on twitter, you should follow her, she tweets in English and will talk to fans (so will Miyamoto Kano, who is also on there, and tweets in English, so come join us).The name question I'll leave to someone else :lol:

I read your review when it came out =] But I thought you just compared it to the original english release? =?
Oh well! Thanks so much for the response!
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
User avatar
kinziechan
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am
Location: Western US

Re: I have a random question!

Postby Shroud » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:43 am

kinziechan wrote:
Shroud wrote:It's not been censored. I have a review copy, you can read the review at http://reddeerforum.co.uk/?p=682 Yamane sensei is VERY picky about how her work is handled and keeps an eye on it; I can assure you from speaking with her on Twitter that NOTHING gets altered, not even a WORD, unless she decides its ok. Oh, and she has REALLY REALLY cute cats.if you are on twitter, you should follow her, she tweets in English and will talk to fans (so will Miyamoto Kano, who is also on there, and tweets in English, so come join us).The name question I'll leave to someone else :lol:

I read your review when it came out =] But I thought you just compared it to the original english release? =?
Oh well! Thanks so much for the response!


No, I compared it to the original English pieces when translated (both scanlations and BeBeuatiful's) as to translation quality as it was completely retranslated, and the 2007 Japanese edition for overall completeness. " I see this is indeed a faithful English language version of Libre’s 2007 edition" and "The images are sharp and clear, and completely uncensored or otherwise edited." I also mentioned the Twitter conversations with Yamane sensei, who assured me she closely watched how VF was being handled :D Just for clarification :lol:
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
User avatar
Shroud
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 am
Location: NW England

Re: I have a random question!

Postby kinziechan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Shroud wrote:
kinziechan wrote:
Shroud wrote:It's not been censored. I have a review copy, you can read the review at http://reddeerforum.co.uk/?p=682 Yamane sensei is VERY picky about how her work is handled and keeps an eye on it; I can assure you from speaking with her on Twitter that NOTHING gets altered, not even a WORD, unless she decides its ok. Oh, and she has REALLY REALLY cute cats.if you are on twitter, you should follow her, she tweets in English and will talk to fans (so will Miyamoto Kano, who is also on there, and tweets in English, so come join us).The name question I'll leave to someone else :lol:

I read your review when it came out =] But I thought you just compared it to the original english release? =?
Oh well! Thanks so much for the response!


No, I compared it to the original English pieces when translated (both scanlations and BeBeuatiful's) as to translation quality as it was completely retranslated, and the 2007 Japanese edition for overall completeness. " I see this is indeed a faithful English language version of Libre’s 2007 edition" and "The images are sharp and clear, and completely uncensored or otherwise edited." I also mentioned the Twitter conversations with Yamane sensei, who assured me she closely watched how VF was being handled :D Just for clarification :lol:

Ok =] Perhaps I skimmed more then read, and should have read more thoroughly.
Thanks for the info.
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
User avatar
kinziechan
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am
Location: Western US



Return to Finder Series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron