Otodama: Voice From the Dead

Talk about DokiDoki titles like Train Train!

Re: Otodama

Postby aoi_aka » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 am

I love the cover! I guess I hadn't paid attention but it's a DD impring! Oh, it's gonna be nice when the I can hold it in my midget hands. XD
aoi_aka

Postby Shroud » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:26 pm

i love this author so much! can't wait to read it, can't wait to own it!
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby Noon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

The cover is absolutely stunning. I have always loved Youka Nitta's men.
Noon

Postby Shroud » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 am

Oh my , yes. Always so YUMMY!
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby Noon » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:10 am

Just finished reading volume 1. I have to say it is different from Nitta-sensei's usual writing style but I loved it. However, it kinda makes me upset that this is not a BL work. I so want to see Hide and Kaname together. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that it might take that turn eventually. I just cannot imagine Youka Nitta's men with women. :D

Oh, Nagatsuma-kun is also a lot like Yoshinaga from The Prime Minister's Secret Diplomacy. I want to see him with someone too.
Noon

Postby Shroud » Sun May 09, 2010 10:28 am

Noon wrote:Just finished reading volume 1. I have to say it is different from Nitta-sensei's usual writing style but I loved it. However, it kinda makes me upset that this is not a BL work. I so want to see Hide and Kaname together. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that it might take that turn eventually. I just cannot imagine Youka Nitta's men with women. :D

Oh, Nagatsuma-kun is also a lot like Yoshinaga from The Prime Minister's Secret Diplomacy. I want to see him with someone too.

I know what you mean, but is it me, or is there an undercurrent of unrealised sexual tension between Hide and Kaname?!
Not taking applications
Shroud

Re: Otodama: Voice From the Dead

Postby Noon » Wed May 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Shroud wrote:I know what you mean, but is it me, or is there an undercurrent of unrealised sexual tension between Hide and Kaname?!

This is what I think too. Actually, I think it is more from Kaname's side. Well, it is obvious that Hide is straight but there is definitely something between the two or should I say, something might happen along the way. I also have a feeling Nagatsuma-san will play a significant role in this, so it could turn into a love triangle. Well, these are all assumptions on my part and it is possible that Nitta-sensei might not make it a significant thing in the story. Maybe she wants to stray from the BL path for a change.
Noon

Postby lore » Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Hide has that cute two-line blush whenever he's running after Kaname, so I think he does care more than a friend should.

It was so nice to read Nitta's work again. There's a tone that only she has; it shines through translation. I had forgotten how good her tone used to make me feel.

love, lore
Last edited by lore on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
lore

Postby fairygirl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 pm

I agree with the last few comments. Just finished reading Otodama vol. 1 today and it was fantastic. Great art as always from Nitta-sensei, beautiful boys and really intriguing story. Can't wait to read more in this series!

Of course I want to see Kaname and Hide together, but I'm also fine if they stay partners/friends. However, if we get a female love interest involved (as was implied with the preview of vol. 2 at the back) then my hopes might be dashed...
fairygirl

Postby lore » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:16 am

I haven't seen any sign of Volume 2. Do you think we'll see it in 2011?

love, lore
lore

PreviousNext

Return to DokiDoki Titles