Problems in binding

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Problems in binding

Postby Moonmaiden » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:20 am

Why oh why I often found June's books' binding is disappointing? I bought many, many mangas from different publishers (Chuang Yi, Yen Press, Viz, Tokyopop, Dramaqueen, Deux, Kitty Media, etc), but never met the same problem as I found in several of my June books.

My Il Gatto Sul G vol 3, When The Heaven Smile and Blue Sheep Reverie vol 1 have problems on their binding. Especially the first 2 pages, which often nearly torn off. I must open the page extra carefully to not make it torn. I really don't know how to describe it as I'm not fluent with english, but when we open the page, we could see the part which should be glued together, is nearly off, for we could see the small holes on the edge. As far as I know from every other book I bought, the little holes shouldn't be seen in a good binding.

Luckily I could get a refund/exchange for the books. But as I'm an international buyer, it's really annoying as I have to wait for almost a month to get a new one.

So please, before you sell it, could you please control the books' binding first?
I believe June has their own quality control department, so I hope in the future I won't meet this kind of problem again as I really care about my books' condition. And I believe I'm not the only one who's being so perfectionist when it comes to collecting mangas.
Moonmaiden

Re: Problems in binding

Postby ChibiKami » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 am

I'm sorry you had issues with the binding. We actually had more problems with bindings with older titles that were printed overseas-so we moved printing to Canada.

We don't control the printing processes from here-we do get advances of books to make sure they look okay, and so far-we haven't heard any other complaints about the binding from anyone besides this one post here. The binding in Canada is done differently, but it should be much more secure than the binding that was done overseas.
ChibiKami

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Never had any problems with any of my june books. I even got the first print of only the ring finger knows that is like printed in China and it's still in perfect shape and I tell you I have read it more than once. xp I also got one printed in Korea but it's good too... o.O;
Senyoru-Chan

Postby 2old4yaoi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:46 pm

I haven't encounter the binding problem w/ my June books but I have w/ the older 801 Media titles - they are so stiff when opened & the dried white glue is visible. I tried not to peruse those much at all in fear of endangering them futher :roll: Good to know that DMP has moved more production to Canada. I think overseas printers can be used but you need to check for their consistent quality.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Moonmaiden » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Thank you for your answer, chibikami. I'm not sure about where June printed the books I bought, is it like the Oaklay sign on the cover? Not sure if I spell it right.

I have more than 30 of June books and I got this problem only for 3 of them. So I can't say that every of June's book have this problem, but seeing how I got these 3 made me think either I have bad luck with books or the quantity of books with this problem is big enough that I could get 3 books with the same problem.

Also most of customers will think that they only have bad luck, maybe, and don't bother to deepen the issue further. But yeah, I'm really anal with books and barely tolerate if something isn't nice, that's why I always ask for an exchange/refund.
I still have more June books on the way, I hope I won't encounter this problem with those books.

And I can't agree more with 2old4yaoi that you should check the quality. Well I know that binding problems aren't visible unless you open the pages. Since the books look really pretty, that is before you open the pages.
Moonmaiden

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Where I am from you can get a new book for free if the one you get is broken, the company you order from will pay for it. They'll send you a new one when you contact them and you'll send the old book the in the package you just got and send it back.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Moonmaiden » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Oh, really? In my place I only can get a refund for the book's price and not the shipping. So I pay the shipping for the damaged book to my house + the shipping for me to return the damaged book to the store. And they'll only refund the book's price. So I suffer a loss :(
Moonmaiden

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Shipping is free where I order from, no matter how much the books costs. They will only charge you for shipping if you want them a little faster. But it's only a day or two days faster. :roll: I always choose the free option.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Moonmaiden » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 am

Oh woooow, I envy you :o
Free shipping, I think I won't ever get it here -sigh-
There's only one store that sells BL mangas here, so they practically monopolizes everything and thus being so expensive. Which is why i always run to amazon & rightstuf to buy books :(
Moonmaiden

Postby Shroud » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

Moonmiaden, take a look at the Book Depository. They ship for free to over 30 countries.
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Next

Return to Juné Titles