Cold Sleep

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Cold Sleep

Postby Noon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:57 pm

I bought Cold Sleep by Narise Konohara a couple of years ago and just read it. I fell in love with this book and wondering if the other two books will be released anytime soon. I so want to read more about Tohru and Fujishima.

I just have one question regarding these novels. When they are serialized in anthologies, are they in manga format and not as novels?
Noon

Re: Cold Sleep

Postby Shroud » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 am

serialised novels are done by chapter, so prose, not manga :)
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby mo2468 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 am

The sequels were unfortunately delisted from the DMP website, so I have no idea what's going on with them. They may have removed them to shuffle scheduling around (as in, pushed them back farther than the license expiration date and removed them until they have a new date for them), or removed them because they're simply dropping them all together. Hopefully someone from DMP can shed some light on this for us. I'd like to have the sequels as well.
mo2468

Postby alli_potts » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:08 am

I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer on this, I have been asking for a while now, and have decided to just give up, since DMP doesn't want to tell us anything. These books join others in release limbo which is a shame, because we can't buy their books if they don't release them, so how do they expect to make a profit? Well maybe Viewfinder, Tyrant, UGH and Border will be enough to turn them around, but somehow I don't hold out a lot of hope. In fact, I don't think I will be buying any of them (at least not until they are completely released in English) as I already own enough unfinished series and don't want to be totally crushed if these get dropped as well. This comes from the same girl who has bought almost every single book they have released since day 1, and bought most of them the very day they came out. It is pretty bad when someone like me loses hope in a company that I used to support wholeheartedly is what I am trying to say.
alli_potts

Postby Prettykitty20034 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:04 am

I remember hearing that novels take a lot longer production time, with translating and etc. than manga. DMP is already behind on a lot of stuff, so they probably just removed those from the schedule for now until they had a more concrete release date. I feel pretty confident that DMP didn't abandon these. They're really not ones to drop series left and right (Dark Horse I'm looking at you). Even Kiss Blue is getting a follow up volume this winter, and that was a poor seller for them. I think patience is the key here. DMP just has a heavy workload and not enough employees to work on it.

I also find it a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy when people don't buy a series because they are unsure of it being completed or they grow weary of waiting. If enough people thought that way, it would be a guarantee of cancelled series due to low sales. The best thing to do is just support those series you claim to love. I do understand the disappointment of unfinished series, I have enough from CMX to attest to that, but I do not regret buying "Two Flowers From the Dragon" or "Stolen Hearts" for example, as those were great series and I really enjoyed the volumes that I read.
Prettykitty20034

Postby lore » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 pm

alli_potts wrote:I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer on this, I have been asking for a while now, and have decided to just give up, since DMP doesn't want to tell us anything.

Alli, considering how unhappy your comments have been whenever you post lately, I'm not so sure that the DMPers are going to be all that hurt by you giving up. The DMP mods have pretty much been missing from this place for a few months now and have said in the past that they would rather not have to deal with issues here (so completely unrealistic for a web board), which I think is part of why the forum here remains so quiet and posters like you become aggravated.

Businesses can't build up fans without some involvement and sense of caring. Putting some forum rules in place in the hopes that the mods won't have to be actively involved here very much isn't helpful in building relations in this place. I was surprised that no DMPers were hanging out here right after Anime Expo, as there was an influx of new posters with questions. I think they missed an opportunity to build fan rapport there.

I do think that DMP tries to be open when direct questions reach someone, but the forum is not the place for direct questions lately. I understand that the DMPers are over-worked, so this forum has to be low-priority, but it also means that if you want answers, you'll have to find an alternate source in which to pose them. The posters here try to be helpful, but boy, are we not always right! :oops:

All that said, the Amazon listing for "Cold Fever" now says the book is temporarily out of stock. I've seen this happen in the past a few weeks before a book becomes available (it wasn't really in stock in the first place), so maybe there's hope yet. Here's the listing if you want to check it out:
http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Fever-Novel- ... 434&sr=1-1

Good luck, wherever you go. I do think some patience would help in this situation. Despite my observations above, once in a while the mods do look here and offer answers. It's really too bad DMP is stretched so thin. And like PrettyKitty said, stopping your purchases only hurts DMP. And I think it would also hurt you, if BL books are truly what you love. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. ~_^

love, lore
lore

Postby Miharo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Cold sleep is actually my favourite June release, so I've been patiently waiting for Cold light and Cold fever. But I have to say that I've been somewhat dissapointed since it's taking so long, Cold light was suppose to come out already on February, and we still haven't got it. I send mail to June Manga in the beginning of June, and they said that they try to get Cold light out on July-August. So it seems that they're still working on them, and that they're not discontinued! I was happy~ Amazon also has a release date for Cold light, August 31st. I hope we get it then. Also wishing that Cold fever wont take much longer.
Miharo

Postby alli_potts » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:48 am

"Alli, considering how unhappy your comments have been whenever you post lately, I'm not so sure that the DMPers are going to be all that hurt by you giving up."
"

You are right, and that is exactly the problem. What you have pointed out is exactly what is currently wrong with DMP. If you ignore your customers you lose your customers, which DMP has obviously been doing for years otherwise they would not be struggling so much right now. You would think they would want to know what they were doing wrong, and you would think that they would care enough to try and fix it. But DMP is showing no respect for their customers and that is why I am so frustrated with them all of the time.

So yes, I think I am starting to sound like a jerk, since indeed I am very negative right now, and I have decided that this will be my last comment on this forum, because I don't want to spend my time being a downer, and bringing nice people like you down. : ) DMP used to be very important to me and now it isn't, and I am not the only person that feels this way, so I just felt that someone needed to point out that they are slowly losing fans, because without fans support they will no longer sale books and then where will they be?

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments, as I really was only trying to get DMP to pay some attention to their fans, while they are still around to pay attention to. I will move on now.
alli_potts

Postby ChibiKami » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Yep-as many of you have noticed-we are stretched thin, and frequenting the boards has been tough-especially during convention season. We're doing the best we can-but we're a small company, and our priorities get reshuffled depending on what is occurring during any given time.

We will do our best to try to frequent the boards more-it is our bad-but after some major fighting on the boards-mostly driven to get our attention-we found the boards calmed down a lot since then. So we'll do our best!

As many of you may have noticed-yes, the June novels have been pushed the most, because the numbers on them have been, unfortunately, low. They're still coming out-Cold Light is currently at the printer-so it'll probably hit store shelves in August, and Cold Fever will follow later this year.
ChibiKami

Postby phoenix4045 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Really? YAY! Anyway the Cold Sleep was awesome so I have been super eager for Cold light!
phoenix4045

Next

Return to Juné Titles