Delays in Release Dates

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Delays in Release Dates

Postby briggen » Sun May 09, 2010 11:06 am

Any updates on In the Walnut 2?

I agree w/ the poster above -- we know DMP never releases on time. It's like a given that we shouldn't even check for a volume until 2 months after the release date. But if we're really waiting on a volume -- like the In the Walnut series -- its hard to not hope that it'll be released on time this time maybe finally because we've been dragged around for what seems like almost 3 years! Its getting kind of ridiculous!

I'd definitely rather that you guys not give us "concrete" times, as you said. I'd rather you say you're going to be releasing it 3 months later than what you expect and then see it in the market a month earlier than I expected. To do this every time for every single volume -- that's just mean! Regardless of whether its the printer's fault or whoever else's...
briggen

Postby mo2468 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:32 pm

In the case of In the Walnut, it is not really DMP's fault that it took so long to get out. It was one of the numerous licenses that fell victim to the Biblos bankruptsy and subsequently had to be renegotiated before it could go into production here. Anyway, to answer your question about volume 2, I heard from someone (so this is secondhand, sorry) that it was slated for the beginning of June. EDIT: And I also heard that Intense Rain was slated for early June as well.
mo2468

Postby briggen » Wed May 12, 2010 7:46 pm

mo2468, I'm not posting this to argue with what you said or to pick a fight with June or you. And yes, I am already painfully aware of the whole Libros/Biblos saga and all the mangas caught in the middle. But the fact that you said you "heard it from someone" proves that they are yanking us around like this for every darn release. There's a pattern here ... just follow the pattern. Put the release dates for each manga much later than what they "expect".

If you look at the June website, it seems as if In the Walnut 2 was already released!!!! There's no note on there that says that it was delayed, no new date, no NOTHING. The release date still says April 7th!!!! That irks me 'cause this always happens WITH EVERY SINGLE MANGA. Even when In the Walnut was stuck in the middle of the whole licensing thing, the website did not provide that info. It still showed that it was released in January of 2007 or something like that. What's the point of the website? Pretty pictures? Well, hell, they didn't even update the pictures to a lot of books for a long time.

If something like this happens once or twice, no problem. Three times, deep breath, but for delays in releases to happen for every single volume? That's outrageous!!! I'm sure they can try to predict these things better. I can't say I've worked in the print industry, but as someone who constantly has to deal with deadlines on a day to day basis, its impossible to believe that printers don't abide by the deadlines that they are given or deadlines that they set for themselves and notify their customers with. If JUNE's customers (like amazon, borders, whatever) on the other hand are not picking up their orders on time, that would make sense. But here, the actual product from June is delayed. I can't seem to understand that concept AT ALL.

I digress though... I would really, really, appreciate a final date for when In the Walnut 2 will be available. This volume and Cafe Latte Rhapsody will be my last purchases of June manga. And I'm not even going to bother checking for Cafe Latte until next year, even though its scheduled to be released on my birthday. As if I'd ever get that lucky.
briggen

Postby 2old4yaoi » Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 pm

I am giving June a free pass right now because my Maiden Rose is finally released! Yaay! :D Just can't wait for it to hit AMZN as I have built up enough in my cart to qualify for the free shipping there. I definitely emphatize w/ everyone w/ the release date issue too - it is so hard to build your cart in your fave online retailer & then keep waiting for the one title to complete the checkout - only to find out there is actually no set deadline ...
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby monkeebiz » Sun May 16, 2010 8:13 am

2old4yaoi wrote:it is so hard to build your cart in your fave online retailer & then keep waiting for the one title to complete the checkout ...

I'm most likely not allowed to say this......but try http://www.deepdiscount.com. MaidenRose is the same price as at Amzn and there's no free shipping threshold.
monkeebiz

Postby alli_potts » Wed May 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Could we get an update on Cold Light? And yes I know the novel's are low on your priority list, but I know I am not the only one looking forward to this one... right??? At least I hope that is not the case. And I have bought about 99.9 percent of your past releases, (not to mention the 801 & dokidoki releases) so I would hope customers like me would be high on your priority list... Also, any word on the next vol. of Only the Ring Finger novel. I know for a fact others are waiting for this one. I know you all are doing your best, and I am still keeping the faith that you will one day catch up to your release schedule. Good luck.
alli_potts

Postby 2old4yaoi » Wed May 19, 2010 6:48 pm

monkeebiz wrote:I'm most likely not allowed to say this......but try http://www.deepdiscount.com. MaidenRose is the same price as at Amzn and there's no free shipping threshold.

Thanks for bringing this website to my attention Monkeebiz - they seem to have some really good deals on mangas too!
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 am

I got information that Drunken love - Haruka Minami from 801 was supposed to be out like 2 months ago? Both sites I tried to order from says it's sold out? I dunno what's going on. Your sites doesn't even list it. Ugh.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby lore » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Senyoru-Chan wrote:I got information that Drunken love - Haruka Minami from 801 was supposed to be out like 2 months ago? Both sites I tried to order from says it's sold out? I dunno what's going on. Your sites doesn't even list it. Ugh.

There's been no talk about this book that I've seen. It's listed at Amazon, and I pre-ordered it back in November, but I think Amazon canceled it. :(

Also, welcome! Possibly again, I've been posting a lot today. ;)

love, lore
lore

Postby eternaltorture » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm also wondering what the status is for In the Walnut v2 and Desire Sensibility~ ;)

Maiden Rose was scheduled to be released after Desire Sensibility but... right now I have a copy of Maiden Rose v1 but no Desire Sensibility :cry:

And Rightstuf has the release date for Walnut v2 as July 15 and the availablity 'more arriving soon' o_O I find that a bit odd...

(Off topic - Has Necratoholic gone oop? ;-;)
eternaltorture

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles