Kurashina Sensei's Passion

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Kurashina Sensei's Passion

Postby Noon » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 am

I just finished reading the first two volumes and I have to say I am really impressed. I definitely didn't imagine it would be an enjoyable read. The Student Council and the Events Organization Committee members are lovable. Kurashina-sensei is awesome too. Each and every character has something special and endearing about him.

It is a cute BL/shounen-ai series and I am waiting for more interaction to happen between the characters. I want to know more about Akiyama and the kind of feelings he has for Asano. Looking forward to Vol. 3.
Noon

Re: Kurashina Sensei's Passion

Postby alli_potts » Wed May 19, 2010 4:35 pm

I really loved this release too. It was really cute. I also hope the next vol will be out soon.
alli_potts

Postby niastyle » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 am

I love Kurashina Sensei's Passion. I was soo excited when I heard it was licensed. But the release dates keep being pushed back. It seems like this title is not a priority, and I'm worried about it being dropped. I would hate to see that happen since it is such a great title. MORE KURASHINA SENSEI'S PASSION!!!! Kepp it coming.
niastyle

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 am

Seems like maybe finally we're getting volume 3. How come they are always delayed? :?
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Shroud » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 am

I hope no one minds me answering this since I work in the publishing field (I am a puplished author and not just a manga reviewer). Street dates get pushed back for a lot of reasons. The usual suspects are:

1. Book A is not ready for the printer on time. This means books B, C, D, E, and F have less time for being made ready in time for their date with the printer. As this has a cascade effect, often these books end up being pushed back too. Why do they miss their date for the printers? Translator/graphic artist falls ill/family emergency/mangaka has final say and is late replying or wants changes/you get the idea

2. Printers get the book and then inform of delays delivering the book. Reasons can include printing machinery problems, delays in receiving paper, cover stock, binding glue from suppliers, increase in copy numbers from an order in production ahead of yours, etc. These have knock on effects. one of my books got pushed back a couple of months because of contracted printer issues. It is quite common.

3. Finances. Sometimes publishers delay paying out for new titles until previous titles costs are recouped. The smaller the company, the more likely it is. Without adequate book sales to cover the initial outlay costs, spending more outlay on new titles is a very risky venture that can bankrupt a small to mid sized publishing company., money that is better spent reaching out to readers who will then by the already in print books. Delaying a title for this reason does not mean a company is on the verge of bankruptcy however, it is often done as part of an overall budget strategy to maintain a healthy, steady, cash flow.
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 am

It's just funny cause first it says "sold out", wut? Then it goes back to "Yet to be released" or something. I get most of my books from Adlibris Sweden and that's how it goes. X/ First I thought maybe it just takes longer cause it's Sweden but nu-uh. Other books from the US have been release just a day after they came out in the US. But as long as we'll get the book and it doesn't get delayed with years *coughgocomi* I don't mind waiting. I am really looking forward to volume 3 the cover and the colours where really nice. The blue shines beautifully. \(*w*)/
Senyoru-Chan

Postby niastyle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Vol. 3 is out!! Yay! I just bought my copy at my local comic book store today. And I also bought Tyrant. I was shocked. I wasn't expecting to be able to buy them yet since they weren't avaiale on yaoi-club or akadot yet. Oh well, I'm still really happy. :lol:
niastyle

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:04 pm

No way...according to my stores they aren't even out yet...no it usually doesn't take that much time even though I live in Sweden..books from other publishers such as Viz and Blu are never late... ;< Well not surprised though I had to wait extra weeks for vol 2 and maiden rose vol 1too.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 am

Just got my volume 3 and there seem to be a volume 4 soon? yay!
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Moonmaiden » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Senyoru-Chan wrote:No way...according to my stores they aren't even out yet...no it usually doesn't take that much time even though I live in Sweden..books from other publishers such as Viz and Blu are never late... ;< Well not surprised though I had to wait extra weeks for vol 2 and maiden rose vol 1too.

in my country kurashina sensei 3 and maiden rose 2 were available in store since late september and I live in Asia. Plus, yes, Viz, Tokyopop/BLU,Yen press almost never delay their books too long.
Moonmaiden

Next

Return to Juné Titles