Love Maruya Kae's "Lover's Pledge"!

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Love Maruya Kae's "Lover's Pledge"!

Postby 2old4yaoi » Thu May 27, 2010 5:13 pm

I just got my hand on "Lover's Pledge" by Maruya Kae last week & I adore it. The art is simply gorgeous & the translation pretty good. I think translation makes a big difference in how readable the book gets sometimes. For example, even though I adore the art in "Love Control" series, the translation makes the story line seems so boring. So when is June going to license the most popular Maruya Kae's work - "Taiyou no Kikoushi"? ;)
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Re: Love Maruya Kae's "Lover's Pledge"!

Postby lore » Sun May 30, 2010 10:36 pm

I adore Maruya Kae's art! I was stunned by the art in Lover's Pledge, simply stunned. While the book is another anthology, I enjoyed the stories well enough, but it was the art that made me an unabashed fan. Can't get enough of her!

love, lore
lore

Postby Lien-Hua » Mon May 31, 2010 2:23 pm

I love Maruya Kae as well!! ♥
I am sad to see that, after licensing "Lover's Pledge", America hasn't shown any interest in her other works... Maybe her first title's sales weren't as good as Juné had expected..? ._. (Maybe ChibiKami can tell us..?)
Still, she seems to be a loved author in Germany. Carlsen Manga has licensed all of her titles. "Taiyou no Kikoushi" will be for sale in July and "Toshishita no Ryuugi" (her newest one) in the coming December!
Lien-Hua

Postby lore » Mon May 31, 2010 6:56 pm

A long time ago, a DMPer told me that they used the multi-story book sales to help them decide if they wanted to license more from a mangaka. In my opinion, the only problem with that strategy is that people began to tire of multi-story books, so the sales went down for all of them. It would have been unfair to measure the popularity of the books released once people began to tire of them, but it probably happened. :(

Lover's Pledge was released on October of 2008, which is solidly in that time-span when multi-story books were still coming out, but we were all sick of them. I highly doubt the LP sales sent a "Buy More!!" message to DMP. We'll just have to keep begging for more on our own. Do you hear us, DMP? ^_^

love, lore
lore

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 am

Let's see...Lover's Pledge...did pretty good. I wouldn't discount out other Kae Maruya books out in the future-so we'll definitely look into it.

In the meantime-we're working on some interesting titles for 2011 that we think will be a lot of fun. :D
ChibiKami

Postby Lien-Hua » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:09 pm

ChibiKami wrote:Let's see...Lover's Pledge...did pretty good. I wouldn't discount out other Kae Maruya books out in the future-so we'll definitely look into it.

In the meantime-we're working on some interesting titles for 2011 that we think will be a lot of fun. :D

I'm reading this post for the fifth time and I still can't stop smiling...
Thank you, ChibiKami, for letting us know.
Last edited by Lien-Hua on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lien-Hua

Postby 2old4yaoi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

ChibiKami wrote:Let's see...Lover's Pledge...did pretty good. I wouldn't discount out other Kae Maruya books out in the future-so we'll definitely look into it.

Oh I wanna know! Spill it, spill it Chibikami :D We wanna give you our stamps of approval too :twisted: It is good to know that quite a few readers love "Taiyou no Kikoushi" as well. That is her best work so far so please try your best to get it.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby lore » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 pm

WHOO!!! I guess everyone felt the same way we did on that one - the art was too good to pass up!

Oh, you tease, are we going to have to wait for YaoiCon to hear about some of these titles or will you leak a few ahead of time? Be sure to tell us one because we're special, ok? Pretty please? It can be a tiny little "get", we're not picky!

Well, ok, I'm not picky. ^_^

love, lore
lore

Postby fairygirl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 am

Great news that we might see more from Maruya Kae. I also adored the art in Lover's Pledge! :)
fairygirl

Return to Juné Titles