Praise for "All You Need is Love" vol. 1

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Praise for "All You Need is Love" vol. 1

Postby fairygirl » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 am

I just picked up a copy of "All You Need is Love" vol. 1 from my local manga store, and I wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. The translation was smooth and professional (with a few typos here and there), and I think the story was both sexy and romantic. If the series continues in this vein, I think it has the potential to rank up there with my two favourite novel series: "S" and "The Guilty."

There are just two points I wanted to mention. First, Karen McGillicuddy's translation reads very well, which I expected after her work on "The Guilty." However, it appears she had that other series on the brain while translating this one, as she mistakenly refers to the main character Sawa as "Toya" (main character of "The Guilty") near the bottom of p. 192!

Also, I'm just wondering how vol. 2 is coming along. The author also mentions a third (and final) volume she has planned in her afterword. Did that get written, and is it in the works for the future? I'd really like to read more...
fairygirl

Re: Praise for "All You Need is Love" vol. 1

Postby yellow dancer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:14 pm

I caught that, since I read The Guilty as well. I laughed when I saw "Toya" in the print. Oops!
yellow dancer

Postby Noon » Sun May 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Just finished reading this one and I would have to say that I enjoyed it a lot. It is one of my favorite June novels. Kobayakawa and Sawa are awesome and their love scenes were so hot. I enjoyed every minute reading it and I cannot wait to get my hand on the second volume. Hopefully it will be published soon.

I think 3 volumes have been published in Japan but I am not sure if that means the story has already ended or is it still ongoing.
Noon

Postby norsue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:05 am

I also agree, this is the 2nd best yaoi novel after S series which i love the most. I hope vol 2 will released soon. Of course Noboru Takatsuki's art is the best :D
norsue

Return to Juné Titles