Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Talk about DMP's manga titles!

Re: Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Postby Shroud » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Prettykitty20034 wrote:Cross "Blood Alone" off the list. Seven Seas just anounced that they picked it up, along with the former ADV title "Gunslinger Girls". Yay!

Wow, am I good or what. I wish and someone picks it up just like that. :lol: Okay. Now I wish for money to fall out of the sky and into my pockets. :P
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby comusbassington » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Poo, this thread kind of died an early death. :P

Oki Mamiya's Vartrag Tale since it was reissued recently. I haven't purchased the new edition yet (have the old one) but it looks lovely.

I haven't read these but I want to so I hope it's okay to suggest them:
Grace Door - Miyamoto Aki
Ikai Hanazoushi - Takano Yumi
Vitamin Z - It's Mishima Kazuhiko and that for me is reason enough (and I love when artists work in other genres).
Otoyome-gatari -Kaoru Mori
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby verygorgeous » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:53 pm

A title I would like to see licensed is Ai Morinaga's Duck Prince. It was originally licenced by Central Park Media but they only published the first three volumes, then dropped the title, and eventually went out of business. I found this title cute, funny, and interesting but having it dropped I never go to enjoy the rest of the series. Plus I think DMP would do a great job on this title!
verygorgeous

Postby verygorgeous » Sun May 02, 2010 2:16 am

Another title I'd like to see is Sanami Matoh's Yo-u. It's also known as By the Sword. ADV published the first two volumes then let it drop. I don't get it seeing how it was only 3 volumes (yes I know that ADV is no more but this book was published in 2005).
verygorgeous

Postby saturnfireflie » Wed May 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello ^^

My desperate plea for liscensing is: for more classic shojo titles..
- Im elated that 'itazura na kiss' was translated and I can now own it..
and I am really impressed with the way this company has released them (omnibus style)

Anyhow my top classic shojo requests are:

-Glass Mask
(since there is an anime licensed of this recently it has great tie in for fans who want to read the manga)

-Rose of Versailles
(so many fans want this out... but oddly it seems english is the only language it hasnt been released in)

-Hime-chan no ribbon
(not as old as the others, but super cute and i have to throw it in there) :mrgreen:

Thanks...
saturnfireflie

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 am

Well for what its worth. Next month, CMX manga will be officially defunct and From Eroica with Love by Yasuko Aoike, one of their classic titles, is incomplete much to my dismay. CMX managed to published the first 15 volumes of this series yet they were not able to publish the rest of the volumes. Is it possible for DMP to acquire the remaining volumes?

Honestly, I don't mind if the remaining volumes of From Eroica with Love are published in omnibus format. I simply want to purchase the rest of the series in English without resorting to purchasing the remaining volumes in Japanese. I truly love reading From Eroica with Love and I hope the remaining volumes will be rescued and published in the near future.
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby Shroud » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 am

For completeness (and the chance to read them!), I'd like to see Kikuchi's original Taimashin series (the one that ADV published vol 1 of and dropped when they reorganised themselves) and Demon City Shinjuku (the predecessor to Yashakiden and the novel that introduces Mephisto and is the story of the Demon Quake).
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby tsukimori » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:50 am

what's the difference between June and DMP and dokidoki i know June and DOKI is part of DMP company right?
If not mistaken June is for more like shounen-ai titles or? am i wrong? DokiDoki is like for shoujo titles? DMP is for basic general title?

well i wrote this on the June thread but might as well post it here again.

the following I definately will buy if they release it:

Bukiyou na Silent (aka Awkward Silence) by TAKANAGA Hinako
Toukaidou Hisame + Toukaidou Hisame Kagerou (sequal) by Matsunaga Kuuya
Teikoku Kyoudai by KAJI Eiri
Pheromomania Syndrome by ICHIHA
Hana to Akuma by OTO Hisamu
Last edited by tsukimori on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsukimori

Postby Shroud » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 am

Doki doki titles are shojo titles and BL gateway titles, all done in aprtnership with their original J-publisher, Shinshokan (and only with that publisher). June does BL inclduing light novels. June ranges from light Bl to some some harder yaoi such as thr ecent Maiden rose. 801 is for the really hadcore stuff, such as their recently released under Grand Hotel, though MR and the upcoming Viewfinder are pretty hardcore too. DMP imprint does shojo like Itazura na Kiss), gateway shonen ai (Antique Bakery), seinen and shonen (Vampire Hunter D, etc).
Shroud

Postby Moonmaiden » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Shoujo manga:

I'd like to see Tokyo Crazy Paradise by Nakamura Yoshiki getting licensed. It's such a great series, deep plot and it's completed already in Japan.

Cat Street by Yoko Kamio. She's the mangaka of Hana Yori Dango, which manga has been adapted to korean drama, taiwan drama and japanese drama.

Makoto Tateno's shoujo mangas:
Oniichan Lab
Gekkou Denshou
Hosutan e Youkoso
Kerai Seikatsu

As for yaoi mangas:

Sakura Gari by Watase Yuu
Mede Shireru Yoru no Junjou by Suzuku Ami & Kaname Itsuki
Chinko no Tsubuyaki by Nase Yamato
Romeo x Romeo by makoto Tateno
Myuuzu Gakuin de Ao by Makoto Tateno
Gerbera by Makoto Tateno