Maiden Rose YES!!!

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Maiden Rose YES!!!

Postby sun22 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:24 pm

aoi_aka wrote:
3rza777 wrote:And stop telling us "stay on topic".

We are on topic, if DMP/June'/801 are so afraid of some relavant criticism then they should dismantle the forum :roll:

Ouch. Somebody didn't take their nap today.

Aoi_aka, please, can YOU stop it? The best way to keep it on topic is avoid getting personal and sending off replies like what you just did. Seriously, can we all do without some snappy personal remarks and such? This is going nowhere. Let's indeed keep it on-topic, Chibikami already requested that, and I'm 100% with her on that. Thanks.
sun22

Postby aoi_aka » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 pm

sun22 wrote:
aoi_aka wrote:
3rza777 wrote:And stop telling us "stay on topic".

We are on topic, if DMP/June'/801 are so afraid of some relavant criticism then they should dismantle the forum :roll:

Ouch. Somebody didn't take their nap today.

Aoi_aka, please, can YOU stop it? The best way to keep it on topic is avoid getting personal and sending off replies like what you just did. Seriously, can we all do without some snappy personal remarks and such? This is going nowhere. Let's indeed keep it on-topic, Chibikami already requested that, and I'm 100% with her on that. Thanks.

I wasn't even talking to you. Unless you didn't take your nap today either. Then I guess I could have been talking to you. :)
aoi_aka

Postby mo2468 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Girls, you're both pretty.

But seriously, 3rza777, you shouldn't talk to the moderators that way. If they ask for all the topics not to devolve into censorship debates, then stop going in that direction with the topics. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to participate on these forums. If you want to do so anyway, you'll need to be prepared to hear it from the mods. I think they've been particularly patient with the attitudes of users on these forums. Moreso than I'd ever put up with, anyway.

To be on topic, I know next to nothing about this series. It was licensed before I tried to look it up, but I hear good things from everyone who talks about it, so I'm really looking forward to checking it out once DMP catches up on releases.
mo2468

Postby sun22 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 pm

aoi_aka wrote:I wasn't even talking to you. Unless you didn't take your nap today either. Then I guess I could have been talking to you. :)

I seriously think the moderator should remove this type of personal, offensive comments from here. You were rude to me before, and I ignored it back then, but of course when not stopped, this behavior is likely to continue. What kind of naps are you talking about? Who cares? How is it related to Maiden Rose? Why are you trying to scare off people from DMP's forum with your strange and off-topic remarks? One user has already left the discussions, as ChibiKami pointed out. Seriously, this behavior should be stopped, or more and more people will be just discouraged from being here. Let's all stay on-topic, and I hope a few most recent comments will get removed - this whole "napping" type of commenting - alongside with a few other ones badly/aggressively worded - do not add anything to the discussion.
sun22

Re: Maiden Rose YES!!! - lock this thread?

Postby lore » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm

In the end, the way to stay on topic is to ignore users who go off-topic and continue to direct people back to the topic with on-topic comments. 3rza777 was rude, Aoi_aka was trying to playfully tell 3rza777 to calm down, and Sun, I have no idea why you felt the need to jump in except that you appear to be looking for an excuse to chastise Aoi_aka because of some previous run-in. Mo also attempted to help, but here we are, 6 posts from on-topic again.

Maybe this will sound old, but I think this thread ought to be closed to new comments -- not deleted, though -- and a new Maiden Rose topic can be started fresh with none of the hot-button topics we have already discussed here. New people keep coming to this thread and falling into the trap of renewing old arguments, so let's just cut this thread off and start again. It won't hurt to do that and maybe the next discussion will remain focused on the book and not tangential issues.

I'm going to report my own reply here to bring it to the attention of the mods.
lore

Re: Maiden Rose YES!!! - lock this thread?

Postby sun22 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:35 pm

lore wrote: Aoi_aka was trying to playfully tell 3rza777 to calm down.

Are you kidding me? What is playful with that type of remark? please stop "playing sides", there're really no "sides" here. The post that triggered all this was also badly worded / does not belong here, but I don't want to read how other users are advised to take naps and such - and this all again turns in some type of personal exchange / flaming war. Or Is this user, aoi_aka is the only one allowed to make such "playful" remarks, together with you lore? do you seriously think you're both employed by DMP as this forum mods? In case of aoi_aka, she might be employed by DMP, as I noticed she wrote the script for one of DMP's 801-chan mini-comics.

And Lore - I have no idea why YOU felt the need to jump in, when a few users already made it clear they want mods to do something about some of the comments here / this thread - including myself.
But you always seem to be compelled to jump in whenever I post.

This thread became a travesty, frankly, and indeed, a new thread should be opened, hopefully, with no rude remarks/posts. I apologize to the moderators, and maybe indeed there's a need for some rules. One big rule should be, IMO: let's keep it on topic.
sun22

Postby 3rza777 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 am

Well unfortunantly for the moderators they do command my respect, but not my thoughts. Especially when they try to snuff out criticism by ganging up on the one or two people who aren't following the flock of DMP customers who grovel at their feet on these forums.

I understand the topic needs to be kept on track (each forum as to be organized by topic of course)

I took no offence to the "nap" comment, I found it rather funny myself ^^

I do snap at the moderators, but only when they drop in on a conversation merely to steer it away from anything that might *gasp* even slightly criticize how poorly DMP has been performing recently.

My main concern is Maiden Rose's release date, nothing more.

And please, as cute as it is to exchange playful banter everytime someone says something you disagree with, please just keep it to yourself if you can help it -_-

Why am I slighlt (or rather majorly) ticked off you ask?
I was never a yaoi/boy's love fan and even now I'm extremely picky when it comes to authors, storyline, characters, art ect. so when I get e-mails from retailers telling me that the few titles I did pay (a month or so in advance)has been delayed 3-5 times and the publishers won't offer an explaination as to why... it generally gets on my nerves.
When this happens on three occassions and one's own money has been paid rather then "cheat" and read scanlations. I generally ask that the yaoi publisher ATLEAST reassure us with an explaination... that's all.

P.S BTW to the individual who directed the comment at me (initial comment) if you haven't heard of Maiden Rose, the why are you even on this thread??

But then again, what do I know?
The financial melt down/ mass pirating(which almsost all manga/anime fans are guilty of)might very well be apart of the problem in both Japan and North America.. the manga/anime industry has been suffering for a long time. Hence why we do need to be patient and faithful to the people who work very hard to bring us the finished product that is accurately translated, clean and as good as the original. Vote with your dollar as they say

So don't mind me June'.. just another customer -_-
3rza777

Postby mo2468 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 am

This is going to be off-topic again and I apologize, but I simply can't sit idly by when these things are said. If the mods don't want to see discussions derail like this, they need to make some forum rules and they need to enforce them with post deletions, warnings and temporary bans of users. I do not expect myself to be exempt from any of these things.

3rza777 wrote:Well unfortunantly for the moderators they do command my respect, but not my thoughts. Especially when they try to snuff out criticism by ganging up on the one or two people who aren't following the flock of DMP customers who grovel at their feet on these forums.

That's not what they're doing. If you spend enough time watching these forums you realize that ChibiKami only posts replies in two instances: when people ask "DMP" a direct question, or when someone reports a post. It's clear that someone, one of this "flock of DMP consumers" obviously reported some of the posts in this thread for being off-topic and that is probably the only reason ChibiKami said anything to anyone. The moderators have not made a habit of telling people to be on-topic for no reason, have not made a habit of censuring people who disagree with the majority about censorship and have not banned a single user that was not a spam account that I have ever seen. They've scarcely even deleted a post that wasn't blatantly inappropriate (even when it was completely off-topic).

I do snap at the moderators, but only when they drop in on a conversation merely to steer it away from anything that might *gasp* even slightly criticize how poorly DMP has been performing recently.

If there was a topic called "How Poorly DMP Has Been Performing Lately" in the appropriate forum you can bet the moderators wouldn't be "dropping in" to tell people to be on-topic about it. They're complaining because every discussion about a new title, and particularly titles that are not even in print yet, is devovling into some debate about censorship, when all they want is for people to have lively discussions about the titles themselves, not about DMP. There are plenty of places on the internet you can hate on DMP, and they aren't even asking you to go to them. They're only asking you to be on-topic.

My main concern is Maiden Rose's release date, nothing more.

There is a topic for asking about release dates.

And please, as cute as it is to exchange playful banter everytime someone says something you disagree with, please just keep it to yourself if you can help it -_-

I agree, but as the mods aren't making a habit of policing every little thing everyone says, you can't expect other users who disagree with someone's statement to simply "keep quiet" when they disagree about it. Things have a nasty habit of getting way off-topic the moment one person makes one off-topic statement. It is very hard, as Lore said already, to get back on-topic without simply "ignoring" off-topic statements, but as I've observed on these forums, those off-topic statements don't go away. They just fester and get repeated over and over again, slowly spreading into every discussion about every book in the forums. It's annoying. I'm not "better" than anyone else by going off-topic right now myself, but I'm also not going to stop until this stops happening.

Why am I slighlt (or rather majorly) ticked off you ask?
I was never a yaoi/boy's love fan and even now I'm extremely picky when it comes to authors, storyline, characters, art ect. so when I get e-mails from retailers telling me that the few titles I did pay (a month or so in advance)has been delayed 3-5 times and the publishers won't offer an explaination as to why... it generally gets on my nerves.
When this happens on three occassions and one's own money has been paid rather then "cheat" and read scanlations. I generally ask that the yaoi publisher ATLEAST reassure us with an explaination... that's all.

I'm sorry Barnes & Noble (?) charged you money for books they haven't shipped, but if this was an issue for you, you should also have been aware of the fact, as yaoi_pariah already explained earlier in this thread, that many manga publishers miss their release dates all the time. Most reschedule, and that is what DMP is trying to do right now, but it is not uncommon. I recommend ordering from a site that won't tie up your money until the book is out and will allow you to cancel items at any time (like Amazon.com), if this is a concern for you.

P.S BTW to the individual who directed the comment at me (initial comment) if you haven't heard of Maiden Rose, the why are you even on this thread??

A person is not allowed to read through a topic of a title they are interested in? I hardly see how this comment is appropriate.
mo2468

Postby mo2468 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 am

Aoi_aka was a moderator at the old 801 Boards. I do not believe she works for DMP and I'm pretty sure that 801-Chan strip was a part of a promotional contest. Congratulations on that, by the way, aoi_aka.
mo2468

Postby sun22 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 am

This really belongs to "general talk", sorry, but I'm just curious about a few things:

mo2468 wrote:Aoi_aka was a moderator at the old 801 Boards.

How can you NOT work for DMP and be a moderator, though? I thought you have to be at least affiliated with the company to do that....It's irrelevant whether it's volunteer or paid work, but if one is working as a company forum moderator, I think it means one is affiliated with the company.

And yes, I really liked that comic strip too, but it's sad to see a creative talent gets wasted (IMO) on "playful" remarks on forums - I personally see some of those remarks as just rude, especially the one directed at me initially. And yes, there should be rules, this is long overdue.

3rza777 - I'm with you on not supporting censorship etc, but by being so harsh / impolite in your posts you're not going to get anywhere. Your post will get deleted most likely, and that defeats the whole purpose of posting. Also, it typically triggers this type of behavior / thread going into abyss, as some people will feel compelled to reply to you with same type of rudeness level, and though you may be OK with it / personal "napping comments", I'm not - in particular when those are posted on JUNE TITLES - MAIDEN ROSE thread. When speaking about controversial topics, it's really hard to make humor work, and it's bound to be misunderstood, I learned from my own experience.

And back on track - something I really wanted to ask other users re: Maiden Rose. I'm aware there's an OVA, but is there any chance / rumor of the US company picking it up for release? I guess maybe the quality of localization / success of this title with fans here will determine if that OVA has any chance here....
sun22

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles