The Amazing Introductions Thread

The Amazing Introductions Thread

Postby Evan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Fujoshi Paradise Tour! This thread is for people going on the tour who want to introduce themselves before we all spend a week together walking the streets of Tokyo hunting for Yaoi doujin and fine looking butlers. XD

I'll get us started:

Name: Evan
Living in: Los Angeles, home of Hollywood, awful drivers, smog, and cheap asian grocery stores. I have a complicated love/no love relationship with this city.
Favorite Yaoi Manga: My exposure to it is somewhat limited, but I have attended a friend's Gundam Wing party where people made jokes every time Heero and Duo were on the screen at the same time. That counts, right? Oh, and I cosplayed Mori-senpai from Ouran once.
Hobbies: cycling, cooking, music, karaoke, eating melon pan, etc.
When I need to kill time, I: Write or play my DS.
Part of the tour you are looking forward to most: Meeting everyone and hanging out with Tateno-sensei!
Evan

Re: The Amazing Introductions Thread

Postby magnolia186 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Name: Brooke, I'm shy not indifferent so I may be quiet to start with but watch out!
Living in: Phoenix, home of desert flowers & awful drivers. Transplant from Michigan so the weather is a dream (although summers here can be a bit hot)
Favorite Yaoi Manga: Too many to list but "Yellow" and "Renai Sousa: Love Control" are tops on my list.
Hobbies: reading, shopping, trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up (thanks to the downsizing of the auto industry) :lol:
When I need to kill time, I: keep/catch up with my discussion groups (and yes I've been called names already, they are sooo jealous.)
Part of the tour you are looking forward to most: The Adventure as well as meeting everyone and hanging out with Tateno-sensei (she's my Favorite)!

Thanks to Evan for the template! Any suggestions on clothing? I'm already wearing tanks and shorts here...
magnolia186

Postby Regina » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Name: Regina (who woulda guessed?)
Living in: Berkeley, CA
Fave Yaoi Manga: Hoo, that's a tough one, I have so many...I'll say Innocent Bird, Lover's Pledge, and Tale of a Foreign Love Affair for starters...
Hobbies: reading, shopping, websurfing, finding new cocktail recipies
When I need to kill time, I: look at the political websites and gnash my teeth, then console myself with yaoi fanart sites
Part of the tour I'm looking forward to most: Animate!
Regina

Postby Miss Braginskaya » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Name : Anna (other alternatives include Anya, Anne, and Banana)
Living in: Toronto (or as we say Torono). Largest city in Canada. Our hockey team is not too great and we have a strange structure poking out of our museum, but you can have a meal from any corner of the world. Plus we have CN tower.

Favourite Yaoi Manga: This is truly a complicated question -_-. Well, here we go in alphabetical order then:
“Embracing Love”(or anything else) by Youka Nitta
“Fake” by Sanami Matoh
“Finder Series” by Yamane Ayano.
“Kizuna” by Kazuma Kodaka”
“Little butterfly” and “The tyrant who falls in love” Hinako Takanaga
“Stepping stone” series (well there are only two volumes really) by Shiuko Kano,
“Under Grand Hotel” by Mika Sadahiro
“Yellow” by Makoto Teteno
Whew.

Hobbies: there are things out there besides yaoi you mean? Lol. Music, reading ( historica fiction , Asian cinema, Anime of course and…. Wow now that I think about it, I work too much.

When I need to kill time, I: refer to the hobbies question. I have to catch that illusive Time first, before I will be able to kill it.

Part of the tour you are looking forward to most: the food, candy, pastries, snack foods, hyaku en shop, 7/11 shops ( yes silly things, but apparently I really have to see them as my Japanese co-worker tells me they are much better in Japan). Finding some J-Rock goodies. Doujinshi for less than $25. Seeing Mt Fuji with my own two eyes. Takarazuka. Shinto Shines. Fantastic examples where anime is part of pop culture not just seen as “cartoons”. Shopping.
And of course, meeting you all, hanging out and partying like there is no tomorrow with you guys! Yey maple candies for everyone!
Hold on… how many of us will there be?
Miss Braginskaya

Postby rtues » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Name: Pam

Living in: Chicago

Favorite Yaoi Manga: I am kind of picky about yaoi, at least when it comes to spending money! I am a HUGE fan of Fumi Yoshinaga: my favorites of her yaoi are Ichigenme: the first course is civil law and Gerard et Jacques. I also have great fondness for FAKE--it is like the ultimate buddy cop story. (Don't tell me I'm the only one who looks at Starsky and Hutch that way...)

Hobbies: reading, video games, eating interesting food, travel

When I need to kill time, I: read novels or manga, muck about on the Internet

Part of the tour you are looking forward to most: Food, walking around Tokyo, seeing everything! Oh, and the fish market.
rtues

Postby Nicole » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Name :Nicole

Livng In: Anaheim, CA

Favorite Yaoi Titles: Hmm, there so many. Definitely The Finder Series, Boy Princess, Fake, Yellow, Hero Heel, and Eerie Queerie to name a few.

Hobbies: Hiking, reading Manga, going to the plays & musicals, and watching movies both foreign and domestic

When I need to kill time: read or play with my iPhone. I currently belong to 2 bookclubs and already have my airplane reading because of them

Part of tour looking most too:Being a Japan!!!! Food, and being amongst people who know what Yaoi means and support it.
Nicole

Postby ChromaticSky » Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Late reply is late, as I didn't have time to look at the forums due to Finals studying @_@

Name: Deanna B.

Livng In: Raleigh, NC (the other side of the country!! Oh my god!)

Favorite Yaoi Titles: My favorite Yaoi are ones featuring Kuroshitsuji or any of the Taels of series (especially Tales of Symphonia) heeheeeeeeee XD Prince of Tennis and Saiyuki are promising too.

Hobbies: Running, playing World of Warcraft, various other videogames, College, World of Warcraft, reading, writing

When I need to kill time: Read some fanfiction or manga or doujin (whatever is onhand), play World of Warcraft, play other videogames, go running or just sleep.

Part of tour looking most too: Just being in Japan in general!! It's going to be amazing :) Traveling around and seeing the sights will be great!
ChromaticSky

Return to Fujoshi Paradise 2010 - Yaoi Tour