Your not-so-secret stash [image heavy]

General things fans would like to talk about.

Your not-so-secret stash [image heavy]

Postby aoi_aka » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 pm

So I got to thinking that I could show you all my Japanese manga collection with pictures. I pulled all the manga plus magazines, doujinshi, novels (only 3 *me teh sad*), and special goods. I didn't take down the Hetalia and Katekyou Hitman Reborn calendars. I got all issues of the magazine Hug but to get to them, I'd have to pull several muscles on my body. I forgot the yaoi cookies. I knew I was forgetting something. They're not the best pictures ever but they show my sikrit stash which is not so sikrit 'cause even the cat knows about it. She was all on my empty shelves!

What's your secret stash? I have enough to keep a spreadsheet with all of this plus the English books. Take pictures and share! *tootles*
aoi_aka

Re: Your not-so-secret stash [image heavy]

Postby mo2468 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Mine isn't quite as impressive, but it's growing every month (currently at 40 individual volumes). I only started collecting in the last couple years, and only for titles I felt (when I bought them) either wouldn't be licensed, or couldn't be. More recently I started to collect titles that I already owned in English and wanted to have them in Japanese as well (mostly for the color insert, extras or because I didn't want to wait for the next English volume to come out).

mo2468

Postby aoi_aka » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Oooh, you have all of Haru wo Daiteita and Finder no Hyouteki. That's awesome. I wanna get the rest of both of them but I always end up ordering other stuff from Amazon. You really love Makoto Tateno. The only thing of hers that I have in Japanese is a shoujo doujinshi with her autograph on it that I won at YC last year. I realized later that I didn't take pictures of the Sengoku BASARA and Bleach OSTs. I have some FMA OSTs but those were released by Funimation. XD
aoi_aka

Postby mo2468 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh, I didn't take a picture of my import OSTs! I'll have to do that later.

I do love my Tateno, don't I? I bought those Yellow Perfect Collection volumes long before DMP announced their license as the Yellow Omnibus, but I don't regret buying them. The dust jackets alone are gorgeous. I bought up the HwD volumes right after the tracing scandal because I figured the license would never be rescued and the books would go out of print.
mo2468

Postby aoi_aka » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm

That's what I'd heard about the Haru books. I'd bought the one volume I have before the scandal broke out. I haven't even seen the last one so I really need to catch up with them. I still have the BB editions in the back of my bookcase. I was lucky to find one volume each of Kizuna and Haru at my local comic book store. I skipped getting Crimson Spell for those books. :D
aoi_aka

Postby comusbassington » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:50 am

My collection is currently pretty small though there are a many titles I intend to get in the future (time and $$ permitting.) These are on a bad angle because my bed was the only clear space and if I moved I would've banged my head on the top part.

Image]
I took this on a different day and my fuzzy was pretty vocal about it:

::runs away and hides in embarrassment::
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby aoi_aka » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 am

Were you at YC two years ago to meet Oki Mamiya?! I think I still have the small poster she autographed for me. It's hidden away with the rest of the important and priceless posters I've accumulated over time. Is that a Howl's Moving Castle doujinshi in the first pic?! Is the artwork pretty?! *excited*

It's interest how so far we show who our favorite mangaka are by what we collect in a language that very few of us can read. You have that Kisaragi Hirotaka artbook. *drool* Do you know if there's another one out? A few years back I found scans from what seemed to be an incomplete book. They were images from Brother x Brother and other things I can't remember now. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
aoi_aka

Postby comusbassington » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 pm

No, I'm afraid I wasn't there but I would've liked to have gone (I'm jealous!). It's a bit far away for me. And yes, those are all Howl's Moving Castle doujinshi. I randomly started collecting them (love the novel and the film and some of them incorporate both so that's a big bonus for me). The one on the top is my favorite though. Eiri Asato's Howl is quite dashing really. I love her artwork:

I'm not actually sure if Hirotaka Kisaragi has another artbook. I definitely haven't seen it (although if he does I would want it . . . in my hands right now :P ). I would love to see one with more recent works <3
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby aoi_aka » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Her artwork is pretty. I loved the movie and read the book after I watched it. Totally different but both are so fulfilling entertainment-wise. I love Howl. He's so complex.

That's what I thought too. Amazon JP and JPQueen don't have it listed. I was hoping that it was rare. Maybe they're special prints and somebody scanned them to share online. His more recent material is too pretty for it not to be in an artbook. XD
aoi_aka

Postby comusbassington » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:54 am

There's something called "Portfolio." The page I found it on was in Italian so I could only half read it though. But I have a feeling that might be it. In which case, I will try and commense a search. Sometimes I'm pretty good at finding things. :)
lip balm?
comusbassington

Next

Return to General Talk