Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Talk about DMP's manga titles!

Re: Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Postby Prettykitty20034 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:58 am

I'm not going to bother asking for thing that DMP probably doesn't have access to, like Shogakukan/Shueisha (Viz) titles or stuff published by Kodansha. Unfortunately, that leaves off a lot of my most favorite mangaka.

Over in the June forums, Setona Mizushiro has been requested a lot. I'd like to request one of her shoujo titles, "Black Rose Alice". It's at 3 volumes so far: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=25921 and it's also being published in French. I'd love it if DMP picked this one up. I'd much rather have English copies than French. Honestly, I'd take any Setona Mizushiro, but a lot of her stuff is published by Shogakugan and Viz doesn't seem to want to do anything with it. =(

How about anything by Ai Morinaga? I love her comedy. Duck Prince could use a license rescue. CPM only printed three volumes. I'd gladly rebuy them as CPM's quality was crap.

On the subject of license rescues, Masayuki Takano's "Blood Alone" is excellent. It's in the same loli vampire vein (no pun intended) as Dance in the Vampire Bund, but without all the nudity. I'm not sure if Infinity Studios is officially bankrupt, so this series may be tied up in limbo for awhile. =(

Chika Shiomi. I love her brand of Shoujo-horror and I own most of her stuff in English, but there are couple series left unlicensed that aren't published by the big 3. I would buy these in English too if someone wanted to bring them over.

And, because I saw it mentioned somewhere in the forums below, Hirotaka Kisaragi's "Gate". Most of his work is shounen-ai, but this one is a shoujo. ADV manga managed to print one volume of this three volume series and I really hate to see things unfinished.
Prettykitty20034

Postby ChibiKami » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:18 am

Is the license for Hellsing Dawn tied up with the license for the Hellsing manga proper? I'd like to be able to read it, so that's what I would suggest.

If you can believe it...it's actually not finished... Kohta Hirano is supposed to go back to it...but so far hasn't seem to done so.
ChibiKami

Postby comusbassington » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Prettykitty20034 wrote:How about anything by Ai Morinaga? I love her comedy. Duck Prince could use a license rescue. CPM only printed three volumes. I'd gladly rebuy them as CPM's quality was crap.

I would 100% buy Duck Prince if it was re-released. Actually I'd buy anything by Ai Morinaga - even Maniattemasu! which was one of the most frustratingly irritating things I've ever read. :x
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

How about something by Maru Asakura? Like 090 - Eko to Issho?
Last edited by Hiyoshimaru on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiyoshimaru

Postby ChibiKami » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm

On the subject of license rescues, Masayuki Takano's "Blood Alone" is excellent.

It would be nice to see this rescued as only 4 volumes came out before the apparent bankruptcy:
Takano Masayuki's Blood Alone series

Oh, this title was dropped? O_O I remember picking up the first volume. I have no idea it was not being continued.

Zettai Kakusei Tenshi Mistress Fortune by Arina Tanemura
Sakura Hime Kaiden by Arina Tanemura

Yes, it would be awesome to do Tanemura-but those are Shueisha titles-which are basically VIZ titles. :)
ChibiKami

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 pm

But CMX did Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne...
Hiyoshimaru

Postby ChibiKami » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:14 pm

But CMX did Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne...

Touche'. You are correct!
ChibiKami

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:39 pm

So can you do Arinacchi's (Arina Tanemura) works?
Hiyoshimaru

Postby Prettykitty20034 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Cross "Blood Alone" off the list. Seven Seas just anounced that they picked it up, along with the former ADV title "Gunslinger Girls". Yay!
Prettykitty20034

Postby ChibiKami » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Cross "Blood Alone" off the list. Seven Seas just anounced that they picked it up, along with the former ADV title "Gunslinger Girls". Yay!

We just saw that. Very interesting!

So can you do Arinacchi's (Arina Tanemura) works?

:D Well-we can look into it.
ChibiKami

PreviousNext

Return to DMP Titles