New works by Hideyuki Kikuchi have arrived!!!

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

New works by Hideyuki Kikuchi have arrived!!!

Postby ChibiKami » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Here's you first look at the two new works by Hideyuki Kikuchi! His latest novel, Yashakiden: The Demon Princess Vol. 1 and Taimashin: The Red Spider Exorcist Vol. 1. These both should be in stores now! (Or if not, very shortly next week.) :D

http://twitpic.com/zapd6
ChibiKami

Re: New works by Hideyuki Kikuchi have arrived!!!

Postby loempiavreter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Will do
loempiavreter

Postby LordOtaku » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 am

So if Yashakiden sells well like D does, can we possibly see the original demon city novels? Or are they caught up in licensing problems?
LordOtaku

Postby ChibiKami » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:19 pm

We love doing Kikuchi novels-they're fun to work on, and they are entertaining. More Kikuchi is always good. We know that Wicked City has already been licensed by Seven Seas-and we're going to be focusing on Yashakiden for some time (as it's a pretty involved work that requires some leeway, production schedule wise). But if you all have a request for a particular title-definitely let us know!
ChibiKami

Postby LordOtaku » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:34 am

Yashakiden is his latest series in the demon city shinjuki setting. The manga's were licensed by adv but never really pushed and honestly not that good. Is it possible that we might get some of the prevouis novels in the demon city shinjuki line if Yashakiden does well? I do know that Wicked City is being sell by seven seas and I hope it does well just because like you said, more Kikuchi is never a bad thing. ;)

I do hope the idea of the original Demon City Shinjuku novel at least gets considered. But you guys are doing a fine job as it is! :P

You publish Kikuchi, and I'll buy it. ;)
LordOtaku

Postby ChibiKami » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Hey Lord Otaku!

It's ALWAYS a possibility! We know ADV did delve into some of the Kikuchi manga that was available back in the day-but their series were always a little hard to find-as you said.

That said-we'll definitely look into it. Hope you're enjoying Yashakiden!
ChibiKami

Postby Pluto VIII » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:26 am

Wait, you're telling me Yashakiden takes place in the Demon City Shinjuku universe?

I'd like to read the Treasure Hunter series someday, as well as the original DCS novels. It's sucks how you guys or Dark Horse didn't get Wicked City, I know Kevin Leahy wanted to translate those badly.

Would it be possible to make a Wicked City manga series?
Pluto VIII

Postby LordOtaku » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Pluto VIII wrote:Wait, you're telling me Yashakiden takes place in the Demon City Shinjuku universe?

Actually Shinjuku itself. Doctor Mephisto is one of the main characters though Kyoya isn't mentioned and it has a new guy by the name of Setsura Aki. Its a decent starting point though they mention some stuff I guess happened in another novel.

If your a fan of the movie I should mention that while that adventure is the first story, Rebi Rah never made Shinjuku, he was just one of the badguys there.
LordOtaku

Postby ChibiKami » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Yashakiden takes place in Kikuchi's Shinjuku-and Kikuchi wanted us to include a special map that shows all the different locations of the action in Shinjuku into Yashakiden (even though it wasn't part of the original Japanese version)-because he wanted the readers to see that this city is the place for all the machinations that happen in a lot of his stories.

The two main characters of Yashakiden are Doctor Mephisto-the other-worldy demon doctor, and Setsura Aki, a senbei (rice cracker) shop owner by day, PI of the demon world at night (or whenever he is requested by Mephisto.).

The fact that a lot of you want to read more-does make it helpful for us to consider other Kikuchi titles-and a Wicked City manga...interesting! :D
ChibiKami

Postby Pluto VIII » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 pm

That's awesome, I have to pick up Yashakiden ASAP. Speaking of maps, I was wondering if at any point in the VHD series, is a map of the entire Frontier ever included? Even in the guidebook? And if not, would you guys consider getting a Kikuchi approved map(s) together for a future release? I know it's probably too late to include it in the upcoming guidebook.

A very nerdy request yes, but I think it would be cool to see. Or maybe even an in-universe encyclopedia, like the Complete Frontier Survival Guide referenced in book 5...

Also, how much influence would DMP have on getting another VHD video game made? I once read in a press release that you guys were "working on the overall expansion of the property." I think VHD could find a new home in the video game medium, the detail of Kikuchi's world is so perfect for a video game setting.
Pluto VIII

Next

Return to Vampire Hunter D