Maiden Rose YES!!!

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Maiden Rose YES!!!

Postby sun22 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks, 3rza777! :D

Aoi_aka- that's a good point, I'm going to edit /add "please" to my request, thank you. English is not my native language (my third language, by the way), and I hope everyone else will forgive me for "a slip of tongue" :D But you're still being somewhat rude, by the way, not that I care 8-)

I already own Maiden Rose in the original (i.e., I already SUPPORTED the manga-ka with my money, to clarify this to those who just made some baseless allegations on this), but if June's edition is censored - no, thank you m'am, I'm not buying. I better wait for some European company to license it, and support the edition I feel 100% is worth supporting. I already wasted ENOUGH money for June's editions that turned out to be censored, without realizing they are.
Last edited by sun22 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun22

Postby kuromi33 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:19 pm

wow just wow, almost sorry i brought it up. 3rza777, you are on fire!!! Ok so there is a delay. Should we be thankful that Maiden Rose is even being published?? Hell yeah we should. Censored or not i am still gonna by this manga. I love this story and I love the art. Do we have the right to complain?? yes we do, if we don't complain, then how are the publishers gonna know what we want or prefer? i know nothing of the publishing world, all I know is that I am a consumer who is ready to buy and support the industry.
kuromi33

Postby Noon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:14 am

This is really getting old and repetitive. Why does every thread over here turn into one of censorship and editing? I would say, anyone who is not interested in getting June books for the fear that they might be censored, just don't and no need to turn every thread into a flame war.

I am not defending June here or anything but they must be doing what they are doing for a reason. I am sure they don't want to lose their customers but they just have to censor some stuff in order to make it available to a bigger number of people. This is business after all.
Well, I am thankful enough that some of my favorite titles are published by 801 Media, so I cannot really complain. I really, really hope this will stop as if bringing it up over and over will not change anything at this point.
Noon

Postby kinziechan » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 am

My only problem with the "larger number of people" they are catering to is that in my experience, they're all minors. Dont punish us for the minors.
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
kinziechan

Postby sun22 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 am

kinziechan wrote:My only problem with the "larger number of people" they are catering to is that in my experience, they're all minors. Dont punish us for the minors.

These are exactly my thoughts on this, Kinziechan, thank you.

Re: why people will always bring it up, Noon, is because we're people. We're humans, who are very passionate about what we are buying, In fact, as yaoi manga is well over 90% of all the manga/comics I read, I really want to make sure I know what I'm buying. It's a very important hobby to me. Until June will make it clear what titles they censor in an objective, professional fashion, people will feel emotional, complain and form expectations.

I really want to get an English edition of Maiden Rose, in addition to the Japanese I already own. I love this manga-ka's style. But I don't want to get censored stuff, as I do not want to support censorship. If asking about help on this forum turns out to be "a flame war" - well, maybe I should ask folks who hate this whole "censorship complaints" thing with so much passion to be a bit more tolerant and put yourselves in our shoes. If reading a few more posts on this evokes some unpleasant feeling in you, please, as you advise me/us just to stop buying June books, please do stop reading such posts and move on. You're turning it into a "flame war" by repetitive replying, and especially by being rude and intolerant as unfortunately some tend to get (I don't mean you Noon here, by the way). You're NOT the only consumers in this market, and all consumers are entitled to equal rights, and to a basic right to discuss a product they want to buy (or bought). If June chooses to ban accounts of all those who complain about censorship on their forums, just to make it a happy "clinically clean" place to all those who wish to read only positive things about this publisher - well, that would speak volumes about DMP, and would hurt the overall company's reputation / would help them lose quite a few fans. Hopefully, June won't do that.
sun22

Postby lore » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes, yes, but the point remains that the wishes of those who are against censorship are very well known on this forum. At this point, the posters with censorship as their pulpit are preaching to a choir. We know your issues, we've heard them before, and there's not a person out there who actually wants censorship. We also understand that those of you who are hammering censorship in these forums don't accept those of us who can accept it in the name of having an English-language translation of a book in our hands.

Yet, here is another book discussion that has turned into a circular round of discussion on censorship. Unfortunately, for every new book discussed, there's a new poster to rise to the censorship discussion bait, and discussion of the book itself is yet again lost by the wayside.

May I suggest to those to whom censorship is their main issue - add a signature through the control panel that touches on the highlights of what you are repeating over and over in discussions. That way, every time you post, your censorship issues are right there for others to see. You could also reply to every new user in the introductions with your censorship points. That way, the user is well informed of the lay of the land here and will know that each post on censorship is not necessarily one the new user needs to reply to.

At this point, I see the users with censorship issues stifling all other discussion of titles, and I'd like to think that that's not what those users really want.

As always, the "you" here is the general "you", not directed at any one person.
lore

Postby sun22 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:22 pm

lore wrote:We also understand that those of you who are hammering censorship in these forums don't accept those of us who can accept it in the name of having an English-language translation of a book in our hands.

- I accept everyone and haven't criticized anyone for their choices, either way. So, it must be that despite my frequent posts, some still missed my points :)

lore wrote: Yet, here is another book discussion that has turned into a circular round of discussion on censorship. Unfortunately, for every new book discussed, there's a new poster to rise to the censorship discussion bait, and discussion of the book itself is yet again lost by the wayside.

-Please, by all means, let's discuss the book in question. Why are you posting on censorship, again?

lore wrote: May I suggest to those to whom censorship is their main issue - add a signature through the control panel that touches on the highlights of what you are repeating over and over in discussions. That way, every time you post, your censorship issues are right there for others to see. You could also reply to every new user in the introductions with your censorship points. That way, the user is well informed of the lay of the land here and will know that each post on censorship is not necessarily one the new user needs to reply to.

- sorry, this suggestion sounds ridiculous to me. "Censorship" doesn't define me in any way, and by far, it is NOT my "main issue". In fact, I have a lot of posts completely unrelated to it. How about you follow your own suggestion, and make your stance on censorship your signature, Lore, if that defines you so much as you reply to most (if not all) my posts on this, instead of talking about the title in question?

lore wrote: At this point, I see the users with censorship issues stifling all other discussion of titles, and I'd like to think that that's not what those users really want.

Again, by creating your own post in this, Lore, you don't remedy this situation. I specifically posted to REQUEST help from others on this title. Yet, a few of you wrote really LONG "censorship is OK etc etc as it serves some good etc etc and we hate you talking about it" posts. You yourselves sidetrack this discussion, and with every post - even more so. If you really want to STOP these discussions, then STOP. All I wanted is somebody being kind enough to say " sure, I will buy June's book and will let you know". Somebody already did that. What you guys are trying to do with your posts is counter-productive, and indeed doesn't add to Maiden Rose discussion.

lore wrote: As always, the "you" here is the general "you", not directed at any one person.

That's true, but I belong to that "you", so I replied from my point of view on this.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for a lengthy post this time. Hopefully, that's my last post on this "non-issue", just to clarify my opinion, as obviously, some still misread it.
sun22

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Maiden Rose is definitely one of my fave titles of all time & after seeing the fantastic job that Drama Queen did w/ "Brother", of course I was sad that this title will not be accorded the same aesthetic treatment. When the June announcement came, of course I was ambivalent - I am glad I get to see this title rescued to be licensed in English but wished it had been 801 Media instead of June because of the censorship process at June. How I wished June would have given the word that they would treat MR as specially as they promised for VF as well ;)

I will be one of those who buy this June title irregardless but I think June should be aware by now how we vote with our dollars of our displeasure. You just need to check out their June titles that hit the $3 - $5 clearance sale at www.yaoiclub.com. I am much more willing to pay AMZN prices for 801Media titles & yes, I have 80% of all DQ title published (bought at hardly any discount). For most June's titles, I just pick them up on clearance later because I believe most customers are actually like me - they refused to pay as much for the books w/ tamed bedroom scenes. I can count on one hand the June titles which I had sprung for from AMZN - the rest is from bargain bin @ yaoiclub.

I do hope that June has a finance analysts who eventually look at the trend lines of sales & margins of their products etc ... and realize that to improve sales & margin - June should (1) license better titles requested by customers (been seeing improvements here) (2) quit messing w/ the graphical work on the manga (3) consistently assigning the more mature, graphic yaoi works to 801 Media like what the brand is supposed to represent & get higher margin/book anyway.

I do realize MR is kind of unusual in which only the volume 1 has the hard yaoi scenes & then the story lines became much tamer (almost shounen-ai like) in vol 2 & 3. Perhaps this is part of the reason why it gets the June imprint?
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby sun22 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 pm

2old4yaoi wrote:... the story lines became much tamer (almost shounen-ai like) in vol 2 & 3.

Is volume 3 already available in tankoubon format, in Japan? Or did you just mean some chapters being available in some magazine / serialized? I see only volumes 1 and 2 on amazon.co.jp (and I already own them) ....Thanks!
sun22

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 am

Actually I am not sure about that. You might want to check out Choutomaraseru's livejournal page on that one. I thought it musts have been out in tankoubon because it is listed that ch 12 - 16 are in volume 3 - thought the chapters seem shorter than usual. Inariya sensei seems to be going the route of drawing most of the hot & heavy scenes in MR DJ instead. It is sort of a compromise like what I have seen in works such as "Totally Capitivated"? So the books can be mass marketed WW to younger age group (16+) & the adults can be appeased w/ DJ's? Sadly the DJ's would hardly ever get licensed & translated & printed in US though :cry:
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles