Delays in Release Dates

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Delays in Release Dates

Postby fairygirl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm really hoping Cold Light won't be too far behind. I just re-read Cold Sleep and now I really want to know what happens next!
fairygirl

Postby alli_potts » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:29 pm

So I just made the mistake of visiting the June site and now I am even more sad... so many titles are falling behind more and more every day... I dream of the day I get my hands on all of them... :D
alli_potts

Postby ChibiKami » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:57 pm

We'll let you all know when All You Need Is Love is available on Akadot. The delays are temporary like we said. We always post when new books are available in our forums, and on our twitter feed. Thanks for your patience-we are working on it.
ChibiKami

Postby alli_potts » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. I hope I am not being a total pain in the bottom always asking about delays, but I guess I just got so spoiled by the days when I could get lots of new books ever month. These slower release dates just kill me, because in a lot of cases I really am looking forward to the new books. I have really cut back on a lot of my hobby expenses, but this is one that I want to keep supporting, and I know I could just live off of scanlations, and buy the Japanese books to support the mangaka, but I want to support the English versions and help keep manga available in America. I also know that some of my friends have just moved on from American Manga due to dropped titles and slow releases, so... well that is why I ask so much I guess. I worry and I care, and yaoi is an important part of my life. But I also know how hard you all are working and I really appreciate you ChibiKami for keeping us informed. Thank you very much!
alli_potts

Postby sun22 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Quoting ChibiKami from her Feb-4 post:

Ze 4 is being sent to the printers probably this week or next week. It being behind will also push Vol. 5. We've taken down 5 in the meantime. So expect Ze 4 in about three weeks or so. We'll let you guys know when we have a more definitive time down on it.

So, it's exactly a month since then, and still no Ze 4, or any other 801-Media title for that matter. To me, it looks like 801 Media imprint is really on a backrunner for DMP. Even if that's the case, I'd personally appreciate more realistic estimates / schedules going forward. I prefer to get a title before its expected release date rather than over 3 months after, it just creates false expectations and frustrations for those who follow a particular series or are really eager to read a particular title. Besides, we all know that these "delays" is a repeated thing for you guys at DMP. No offense and just well-intended advice: add at least a month or so to your publicized release date, esp. for your 801 Media titles as those are almost always late in the past year or so. Not always, but quite often, the past is a good teacher and an indicator for the future, so regardless of how outside of your control those factors that cause delays are, it's better to be on a conservative side with your publication date estimates.
sun22

Postby fairygirl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Don't know how I missed this one in the big Yaoi Con announcement of new titles:

Seven Days: Monday-Thursday (Rihito Takarai & Venio Tachibana) Mid 2010

I really hope it's on track for release, because I read most of it via fan translation before it was licensed, but never got to read the end. A very sweet work with lovely art, that kind of gave me a similar feeling to Only the Ring Finger Knows. Can't wait!
fairygirl

Postby alli_potts » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 am

Is it possible to get a progress update on Cold Light? I am really looking forward to it. Thank you.
alli_potts

Postby lore » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 am

alli_potts wrote:Is it possible to get a progress update on Cold Light? I am really looking forward to it. Thank you.

Alli, it looks like the mods missed this post. If it helps, I just received a slew of Amazon pre-order delivery updates yesterday, so I think DMP finally bit the bullet and restructured its release schedule - at least it did with Amazon!

I don't have Cold Light on pre-order, but you might want to check its Amazon page. It looks like June still needs to update the Release Schedule page (http://www.junemanga.com/schedule/), though. Let's hope it comes out soon, and then you can tell me about the whole series, because I've been curious and I love hearing about books from people who have actually read them. :D
lore

Postby ChibiKami » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Sorry! We've been really busy-getting your books out. :P We'll update the release schedule soon-we kind of wanted to get more concrete dates on some of the titles currently being worked on. But we're getting there. (We know it seems like FOREVER-but we assure you, it's happening).

Cold Light is still in production-the novels are going to be further behind the manga due to the amount of time they take in production vs. the amount of time a single manga vol. takes. We're sorry about the delay. We don't have a concrete date yet for Cold Light until it leaves production.
ChibiKami

Postby Kida » Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi ^^

I wanted to ask if you maybe could give us a brief statement about the following titles...

Intense Rain (Shinri Fuwa) - I guess it was pushed back, right? It first should come out in may...
Doushitemo Furetakunai - No Touching At All (Kou Yoneda) - It was said mid-2010 first, now Amazon says october - it that correct?
Same for Rize Shinba-san's mangas "My Bad" (november) and "Intriguing Secrets" (december)... are these release dates thinkable?

Anyway, each of this mangas is worth waiting, I just would love some news :)

bye Kida
Kida

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles