Fate of Enchanter

Talk about DMP's manga titles!

Fate of Enchanter

Postby storyguide3 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Is there any news on the fate of the Enchanter series? We got up to Vol 10 and nothing since. Has it been dropped? Or is there hope that the 9 remaining volumes will see the light of day in English.
storyguide3

Re: Fate of Enchanter

Postby shavaas » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I'm also rather interested as to the fate of the rest of Enchanter
shavaas

Postby JOKENofDARKNESS » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 pm

So are we ever gonna get any news about whats happening with Enchanter?
JOKENofDARKNESS

Postby jsmcnally22 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 am

Bump.

I really want to see the series continue....
My Group::>
Editor: Me, jsmcnally22 jsmcnally22@gmail.com
Typesetter: AVAILABLE
Translator: AVAILABLE
jsmcnally22

Postby randomdude223 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:48 am

yeah,

I've purchased and read 5 of the already translated 10 volumes;

and hesitant to buy any more volumes without further clarification on the status of the project.

unless if I've simply been looking in all of the wrong places for news - could someone please point me in the right direction?

and hi! I'm a newb! Please be gentle!
randomdude223

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello! Currently Enchanter is on hold-we haven't been able to fit it into our current production schedule. Sorry about that! We're working on a lot of things right now, and sales on Enchanter have been a little on the weak side. So we'll see what we can do...
ChibiKami

Postby jsmcnally22 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 pm

I have all the volumes that have been released, i'm very much looking forward to seeing the rest of it
jsmcnally22

Postby randomdude223 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:51 pm

@ ChibiKami,

slow sales are better than no sales; in my opinion at least.

so Enchanter hasn't been dropped...
this info should suffice

thanks for the update!
randomdude223

Postby jsmcnally22 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:57 am

ChibiKami wrote:Hello! Currently Enchanter is on hold-we haven't been able to fit it into our current production schedule. Sorry about that! We're working on a lot of things right now, and sales on Enchanter have been a little on the weak side. So we'll see what we can do...

I was just thinking about something...

If indeed that the sales have been weak, why are there 10 volumes? One would think if it wasnt as popular as some other titles, as you insinuate (spelling?) by what you've said, you would think that production would have dropped off much earlier. 10 volumes is a LOT to go through before realizing, "Hey...maybe we should move onto something else for a little while..."

I have a solution...

If you guys aren't satisfied with what it's bringing in, i implore you to hand it off on to a publishing company that will be satisfied. There are a good amount of us out there that want to see it continue and we aren't all that happy to see such a good title go unfinished just cause the company publishing them here in the U.S. isn't satisfied by its sales numbers.

There is also something else to consider, and this is NOT to be taken as any kind of threat, cause it's not. As with any other retail situation, people may stop buying all together from certain publishers/stores/etc... if they are unhappy with them for certain reasons, like this one. Again, not a threat but it does happen in reality.

Just a few things to consider.
jsmcnally22

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

Hi jsmcnally22- we understand how difficult it is when a series gets put on hold. However, this isn't uncommon among ALL major comic and book publishers (even Tokyopop, VIZ and Dark Horse have unfinished/dropped series). Every book, series is a calculated risk, and are weighed on a volume by volume basis, and as we are a smaller independent publisher, there are things that are harder for us to absorb over other publishers. We do our best to keep everything going-and yes, we understand that fans love and adore their series-but at the same time, titles that sell stronger will take priority especially in this current economic climate.
ChibiKami

Next

Return to DMP Titles