International Orders, Query & Suggestion

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

International Orders, Query & Suggestion

Postby azureus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 pm

I couldn't find a separate topic about this so here's my query;

I buy manga from outside the USA/Canada, and I've been having trouble sourcing some June Manga books recently.
For example, Cut by Toko Kawai, Shards of Affection, and Strange & Mystifying Story volume 2, are all marked "not available"/"out of stock" by most retailers.
Also Dry Heat & In the Walnut vol1 are marked as not available (for preorder) even though they show on the June website release list.
I can see these titles on sale on Akadot, and sometimes on Amazon - but international shipping on both sites makes the books too pricey to buy.

Is there some reason so many titles are not available at other retailers?
Will they become available at some point?

Suggestion: My retailer of choice is http://www.bookdepository.co.uk
These guys have free shipping worldwide.
If DMP ever decides to make a deal with a 3rd party internet retailer, I strongly, strongly recommend them.. Thank you.
azureus

Re: International Orders, Query & Suggestion

Postby mo2468 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:49 am

I don't purport to be an expert on the issue, but Digital Manga seems to have an exclusive distribution contract with Diamond Comics Distributors (who has minimum purchase order rules and won't list titles that fall below it). I also believe they resell their returned books (from Diamond) directly to third party sellers on their Digital Manga Direct site. Perhaps directing your chosen international seller to this site would be the best option for you. Otherwise it seems the best way to get their older releases is through their official store, Akadot, which, yes, has higher shipping rates for international shoppers (but they do sell some heavily discounted items as well). Unfortunately, BL is simply a niche market, so a lot of retailers don't see a value in holding onto stock they can't necessarily move quickly. That might explain why a lot of sellers just don't have June manga books in stock.
mo2468

Postby azureus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Akadot does have nice bargains.
Unfortunately, paying $7 for a book and $27 for shipping is just ... some kind of mind-bending torture really. :roll:
And Akadot never replies to queries about cheaper shipping options. (I have tried several times)

Thebookdepository requires publishers to contact them, not the other way around.
Hopefully DMP will consider making a deal with them on the "returned" books. *hopeful*
azureus

Postby mo2468 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 am

That's unfortunate. Good luck with it, though. ^_^
mo2468

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Book Depository UK does carry our books-but only order through Diamond Distribution. So there may be titles that they don't carry. We've so far been unable to carry another account with them through us directly. We'll keep trying, but so far, they prefer to order all DMP titles through Diamond.
ChibiKami

Postby anime_earth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 am

I would appreciate if June would able to open an account with booksdepository.

I have bought most of my mangas from them especially the yaoi ones since my country's custom is making life difficult for Borders and Kinokuniya. The reason I get from them is due to the fact theirs are reasonably priced.

Akadot Retail and Amazon's shipping fees are really high. It cost more than the books itself. At this time with the worldwide fragile economy, every pennies count. AND...I do want to support June, 801, Dokidoki.
anime_earth

Postby plchat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:10 am

anime_earth wrote:I would appreciate if June would able to open an account with booksdepository.

I have bought most of my mangas from them especially the yaoi ones since my country's custom is making life difficult for Borders and Kinokuniya. The reason I get from them is due to the fact theirs are reasonably priced.

Akadot Retail and Amazon's shipping fees are really high. It cost more than the books itself. At this time with the worldwide fragile economy, every pennies count. AND...I do want to support June, 801, Dokidoki.

First of all hi, I'm new here so nice to meet you. I do agree with you about Akadot and Amazon about shipping fees. I bought from Akadot too I like them just only shipping fees. It's too expensive. Still if I can't find yaoi titles any where then I've no choice but to spend money from Akadot. By the way are you live in AUS?? Because I live in AUS too so I found it's hard to get yaoi titles especially yaoi novels. I'm also same I really want to support June, 801, Dokidoki. Still shop around my area (well I live in Brisbane) sell really expensive yaoi mangas compare ordering from online sometime I found it's cheaper.
plchat

Postby anime_earth » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:18 pm

The problem is most of us international buyers have to compile our mangas to maximise the shipping fees and June,801 and Dokidoki are releasing their mangas really really slow and in limited quantities.

I am buying my mangas from Borders and several online websites ie Akadot Retail, bookdepository, rightstuf, amazon coz not all ( except akadot retail ) carry the latest releases.

Between, judging on certain popular "explicit" series being under June print. Could we have all the imprints regroup under one instead? Before this, it was due to the contents that the mangas are released under the respective print. Since this is no longer the rule, could we get back to just one instead.

I am having trouble of keeping track of the releases. Example I didnt even know Dokidoki Fevered Kiss Novel is released ( I might have miss in this board releases ) until I check it out at akadot retail.

I appreciate if DMP would take the international buyers plight into consideration. Most if not all want to support DMP.

Thank You
anime_earth

Postby lore » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:11 pm

While I don't know what constraints the other imprints are under, DokiDoki was created as an exclusive co-publishing line between Japanese publisher Shinshokan and our DMP. Any books from Shinshokan must appear under the DokiDoki line, and no other Japanese publisher's books will appear there.

So, DokiDoki can't be folded in with the other imprints. I also believe there will always be a DMP imprint for DMP's non-BL titles. Keeping a non-BL line allows DMP to reach all retailers with that imprint.

This means there will always be at least 3 DMP imprints to follow. I'm sorry, though, that it makes shopping difficult for you, Anime_Earth.
lore

Postby anime_earth » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:28 am

thank you for your clarification, lore on dokidoki.

in this case, 801 and June might as well join as one since the rules of content doesnt work anymore.

Lore, all I know there is 801, June and Dokidoki...the non-yaoi ones ie DMP is not of my concern except Otodama. If you include these, there will be 4 prints I need to follow unless they update their releases under one roof.

Between, what about the manga pricing or do we expect a special pricing for the explicit mangas like Kizuna, Viewfinder even though its under June?

AND...more manga distributors pleaseeee.
anime_earth

Next

Return to Juné Titles