Great Place High School - Student Council 1 - Great!!

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Great Place High School - Student Council 1 - Great!!

Postby sun22 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 pm

I enjoyed this recent publication by Naduki Koujima, localized by June. And I'm not even a fan of this manga-ka. Unlike its "prequel" "Great Place High School", which was organized in an unusual comic-strip style, "GP High School-Student Council" is done in a much more linear and regular / traditional fashion, and overall much more romantic, sexy and emotional, IMO. Recommended to all those who read "Great Place High School", and even if you didn't like that one (it was just so-so to me), you might enjoy this one, if you like yaoi with some drama, and are OK with some fluffy moments and comedic relief. Also, it can be read as stand-alone, as it focuses on different characters, and all the pre-histories are explained.

The focus is on somewhat/slightly sado-masochistic couple of Rin and Eichi (president and vice-president of Student Council), and the funny part is that they are both so similar: possessive, unpredictable, violent, aggressive, and spoiled each in their own way. So, the "dominant/submissive" dynamics keeps on changing between them (however, in this book, there are no "reversibles", and the roles of uke and seme are set).

And let me add: there is absolutely NO censorship in this one that I can see (I compared to the original version), though it does feature fingers in all the *interesting places*, and "dripping bodily fluids" in many places, and though it doesn't have any obvious frontal nudity (by manga-ka's design), only glimpses there and there, it's still sexy. I really like that in this case you (DMP) chose the right work for whatever guidelines you decided to adhere for June, and correspondingly kept all the original artwork.

My praise to June for this, and I do hope that's a sign that June is trying to move away from censoring, as Chibi-Kami said elsewhere. ("Invisible Love", which was severely censored, was published in 2007, while this book - late 2009. I hope we see some really promising trend here!) I'm looking forward to volumes 2 and 3 of this series, and hope all the original artwork will be preserved there too!!! ( And if you're planning to censor further volumes, could you please let me know here, so I could decide re: buying or not with full disclosure? Thanks)
sun22

Re: Great Place High School - Student Council 1 - Great!!

Postby wolfmarc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 am

i totally agree i only just found out about this censoring of manga i never knew they did that i have Love Skit by 801 media same artist as invisable love i also have little buterfly?? (worry) i asked for something good like old titles that may have beed edited by june get reprinted and moved to 801 media please help with that reguest.
wolfmarc

Postby Noon » Sat May 21, 2011 10:20 am

This series still hasn't ended in Japan, right? Volume 4 was published late last year and I noticed some sites listing it as the final volume but there was the "to be continued" sign on the last page of the book, which means there will be a volume 5.
Noon

Postby sun22 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:23 pm

Just got volume 2 (June edition). it's in a large size, same as volume 1, and unedited / uncensored artwork as far as I can tell. Looks great overall. Thank you! :D
sun22

Postby Noon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 am

I love this series a lot! It is the best by Naduki Koujima that I have read so far. It has a great story and a great cast of characters. I especially love Rin and Eiji. I just love the chemistry between the two. :oops:
Noon

Postby wolfmarc » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:08 am

oh i love them too :oops: i love NAduki koujima's art and i cant wait for when she goes back to do Our Kingdom, check my post on Our kingdom. :D
wolfmarc

Postby wolfmarc » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 am

There is going to be volume 3 & 4 so look out for it :oops: :lol:
wolfmarc

Postby Noon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 pm

This series is still ongoing in Japan, right?
Noon

Postby wolfmarc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 am

:lol: yes im sure she will do more and Our Kingdom.

here is her site if u want to check

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~eastpro/
wolfmarc

Postby Arisana » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 am

@Noon

It's completed in Japan at four volumes :)
Arisana

Next

Return to Juné Titles