Ai no Kusabi - volume 7?

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Ai no Kusabi - volume 7?

Postby aoi_aka » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Just to get things back on track...sort of, since this fangirling moment isn't about volume 7. ^^;;

I got my package from Amazon JP today and AnK vol 1 was in it! I'm so excited. The artwork is much better than the originals. I can't find my English copy to compare, though.

This volume is thicker and my guess is that the story has been expanded. Is that true at all? I see the images and some don't correspond with the English version. The last image is of some dude (not Iason) holding Riki by his wrist, quite forcefully. He almost looks elite except that he's not blonde.

Iason is hotness made into man. It's that long hair. That does it for me. I wish I could read it and know for sure what's going on. :mrgreen:
aoi_aka

Postby dm999 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Hello

I have been a fan of Ai no Kusabi for years, actually it was my very first yaoi novel/anime. I was really excited when it got publish in the USA and let me say this: A download will never be better that the actual copy, anything that gets publish in the USA about Ai no Kusabi, I will buy it!!!! no questions ask and I think any yaoi/shonen-ai fan will do it because this story has that power.

But well I just wanted to add my voice, so you know that we are expecting volume 7.

Thank you
Regards
DM
dm999

Postby jan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Hello,
I just wanted to add my voice to expecting volume 7 as well. I have recently just bought all six volumes of Ai no Kusabi, and its a great series. Please don't leave us fans on an unfinished cliff hanger as it is very unsatisfying. Thank you for your time.
jan

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:21 pm

I have seen the new covers of Ai no Kusabi and the artwork is sooo much better. The cover for the second and third volumes of the first edition made me squeamish because Riki looks like a boy not an adult. The new covers are much more elegant and the interior art is much better than the first edition. The illustrator for the new edition is Nagato Saichi.

I doubt that June Manga will publish the new edition of Ai no Kusabi since they published all six volumes of the first edition. Oh well, I'll just purchase the Japanese version of the second edition of Ai no Kusabi. :D
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby ChibiKami » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey guys-yes, we know that vol. 7 just came out in Japan. Since Ai No Kusabi switched licensors in Japan-we have to see if the new reprinted volumes match up to the old volumes. In terms of vol. 7 -since it JUST came out in Japan, and our production schedule for 2010 is pretty much full, if it's licensed, it won't be able to be scheduled until 2011. We probably will not reprint the entire series, because we still have existing circulating inventory of vols 1-6, and it isn't out of print. If and when we do vol. 7-we'll let you all know.
ChibiKami

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up, ChibiKami. If and when the seventh volume is licensed and published, I hope June Manga realizes the differences in artwork between both editions. June may end up having some readers preferring the new edition. I already have since the artwork is better and appropriate with the current BL art style. The covers of the new edition are absolutely gorgeous and Iason looks more regal than ever.
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby ashrobo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:57 am

Anyone knows where to get Ai No Kusabi Vol 1 at a reasonable price? The prices on Amazon are insane!
ashrobo

Postby lore » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:10 pm

ashrobo wrote:Anyone knows where to get Ai No Kusabi Vol 1 at a reasonable price? The prices on Amazon are insane!

Hello! Welcome to the boards!

http://www.deepdiscount.com/ and buy.com seem to have it in stock. Good luck!

love, lore
lore

Postby cystaljade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

Hi,
Do you have news yet about the came out of ANK volume 7 ? In japan, and more in english edition ? I'am starving from the issue of this fabulous novel!
It's really the first and best yaoi from my point of view ! and you can believe me, i don't have read a short amount of yaoi !
Please give news if tou have any !!! I'am begging already
See U

Ps: sorry for my bad english
cystaljade

Postby bahen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:09 pm

I've seen a tweet from DMP saying that you got the license for Ai No Kusabi. And yet, I've seen nothing else mentioned after that.

Could you please confirm or deny this. And if possible is publication happening in the near future?

Hope to hear from you soon, either way...
bahen
bahen

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles