D's outfit.

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

Re: D's outfit.

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 am

So after a bit of time letting my hands heal from constructing the hat by hand today I will start on the shoulder armor. I'll post updates as soon as what I'm working with starts looking pretty... :lol:
The Vampire Hunter D

Postby 18thAngel » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:02 am

*waits patiently for the pretty* :D
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Ooh, lookin' good! :D
About D and sewing...I wrote a little short story back on the old 'boards about D and his beloved needlepoint...I'll have to dig it out and post it up here!
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby 18thAngel » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 am

^ Hehe the image of D doing needlepoint...so weird/adorable. :D
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Well it looks like I should correct what I said I would do.... Apparently I started working on the sword before the shoulder armor. A lot of the sword has been carved by hand out of a soft wood and then hand sanded, there is still a quite a bit of sanding left to go before I start fiber-glassing and adding detail. I should post a progress shot once i get a little more sanding done! Reason being I worked on this first is because I have to get it done to ship it out to a friend in Ohio who is gonna hold it down for me until I arrive.
The Vampire Hunter D

Postby sothisdhampir » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 am

I cannot wait to see how it all turns out! :D I certiantly envy you for making this awesome costume all by hand...I hope one day that I can aquire the skills, time and money to do some cos-play. :)
sothisdhampir

Postby exsanguinate » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Wow...major kudos to you...sure beats the usual cardboard and tinfoil getup. Will keep eyes peeled for pics!
Oh, and here's the needlepoint thing, from the old boards:
It was a chilly evening, and the beautiful Hunter was sitting calmly beside his horse under the glowing autumn moon. The figure of beauty in black raiment shifts slightly, reaching up into a saddle bag. His well-formed hand slides out, several hanks of thread, yarn, and a needle in his pale fingers, secured in a canvas. A smile settles over his face as he picks up where he left off last night, just starting the delicate wingtip of a bat...
exsanguinate

Postby 18thAngel » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:15 am

exsanguinate wrote:Wow...major kudos to you...sure beats the usual cardboard and tinfoil getup. Will keep eyes peeled for pics!
Oh, and here's the needlepoint thing, from the old boards:
It was a chilly evening, and the beautiful Hunter was sitting calmly beside his horse under the glowing autumn moon. The figure of beauty in black raiment shifts slightly, reaching up into a saddle bag. His well-formed hand slides out, several hanks of thread, yarn, and a needle in his pale fingers, secured in a canvas. A smile settles over his face as he picks up where he left off last night, just starting the delicate wingtip of a bat...

All I have to say is "awww!" and :lol:
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby Lightbringer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 pm

That outfit is fantastic! Especially the pendant. How long has it taken you?
Lightbringer

Postby exsanguinate » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:41 pm

A blurb from the postscript of VHD13 (don't worry, no spoilers). Kikuchi says that he envisioned D different from how Amano does him...Kikuchi's D has a double-breasted black longcoat and long gloves, along with the hat. Simpler that Amano's billowy one, but he says that the cover of the first novel got almost everyone thinking D=cape, and he didn't want a half-vamp in a cape (it'd be too typical).

Interesting. I like Amano's D, but don't want him in a corny horror-movie cape; Amano gives him a dignified one.
exsanguinate

PreviousNext

Return to Vampire Hunter D