Kizuna Omnibus

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Kizuna Omnibus

Postby sun22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Ruby_Alexandrine wrote:@sun22 - What's with the attitude? My concerned about any potential censorship of Kizuna was already answered by the moderator.

I personally do not have any "attitude". My understanding is that the answer was that June will try to be as careful with "Kizuna" as they usually are, so the exact way "Kizuna" will look is unknown and will be unknown until we see June's Kizuna in print. Then someone else mentioned editing / censorship in other June's book, and it all escalated from there. You do no own the question itself or the thread. If the answer satisfied you fully, there will be others who may still have related issues /concerns. The fact that someone answered you doesn't mean the question was answered to everyone.
I particularly find your recent remark strange, as I did move this discussion to a separate thread, even before you raised your "off-topic concerns". However, assuming that someone was following this thread with the same reason as I did, I found it necessary to post where the question got moved and where it was answered. Why you have "attitude" AFTER I specifically moved the question elsewhere is unclear to me. I guess it was directed to anyone else who may dare raise any more "unrelated" (in you opinion) questions in the future, on this particular thread. If that's the case, then it makes sense: you just really want to keep this thread your "own" :lol:
sun22

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Hmm...this is getting no where and I am not going to bicker about ownership of this thread because I didn't want to come across that way. I already saw the thread you created about the editing of body fluids in Blue Sheep Reverie vol. 2. Honestly I was polite about not wanting the discussions to be negative, maybe you didn't catch that. If you find me strange, so be it.
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby sun22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Quoting Ruby_A. : "Honestly I was polite about not wanting the discussions to be negative, maybe you didn't catch that. If you find me strange, so be it."

You were polite to the moderators only. I certainly "caught" that from your posts. I'm not sure if you realize that in the process you were not particularly polite to any other participants of this thread (all those who do not mention "Kizuna" in their posts directly but are concerned about its censorship as much as you are, and are trying to base their expectations on the current extent of June's censorship). You are asking them / me to "move elsewhere" as you don't want to somehow "pollute" this thread with "negativity". Well, but everyone should know that there is a chance that Kizuna may be censored /edited, as June edits/censors some of their other books. I doubt June will decide to edit it or not based on how "negative" this thread is, but you seem to think otherwise.
sun22

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 pm

I never asked anyone to move elsewhere because they were polluting this thread with negativity. You are really reading in between the lines in a wrong way. Also, my politeness was not catered to the moderator only - where do you see that? If I were being polite to the moderators only, then I would have specific about it. My statement that you quoted was about being me being polite to everyone - moderators and forum members.

The reason why I stated that I didn't want the thread to get too negative was because I have participated in discussions about censorship. Many of those discussions have been shot down to hell because of the negativity in the commentary. Censorship is a hot button issue, especially in America and it garners a lot of positive and negative attention. I simply wanted to curb any potential negativity in this thread.
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby sun22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Ruby_Alexandrine wrote: You are making such a big fuss over the "potential" censoring Kizuna and it hasn't even happened?! Why don't save your energy if and when it does happen.

I'm absolutely making no "fuss" regarding potential censorship of Kizuna. You seem to be more concerned about it than I am. So, what about YOU save your energy for that?
What does make me unhappy is editing / censorship of other June's books that already happened, and their overall explanation re: this (which they gave elsewhere). Re: your so-called self-proclaimed "politeness": politeness is what both parties understand and agree upon. You were certainly not polite to me, not in my opinion, though now you quote this as the reason for your recent post. If you want to be polite to everyone, then maybe you should learn and do a better job with that in the future.
sun22

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:32 pm

I edited my post prior to your response. Its different now. How was I rude to you? I didn't call you names or accuse you of anything. Honestly I haven't even gone in great detail about Kizuna and censorship. So how am I making a big fuss about that?
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby sun22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Ruby_Alexandrine wrote:Alright, I feel that the discussion has gone off topic. I created this thread specifically discussing Kizuna. I don't want the thread to be too negative concerning censorship issues. Until I see the new version of Kizuna, I will know for sure if any censorship issues arises. I'm still hoping to discuss Kizuna and its characters with other fans.

How is it NOT asking others (who do not mention "Kizuna" directly in their posts here) to move elsewhere, just because you're trying to avoid (or "curb") the perceived (by you) "negativity" on this thread? To me, this counts as not being polite (though, it does not mean you were "rude" as you understand / define it..)

Re: the stuff you just added re: threads being "shut down" etc, sorry, this is really unclear to me / I don't think I understand you there. Do you mean moderators "shut down" threads etc, just because they thought it's "negative"? I don't think moderators here would do that. If you're just trying to "hide away" from all the heated discussion re: censorship, it's a bit too late for that, as once you started this thread asking specifically re: censorship, it was likely to invite such discussions. Sorry, but that's the way life is, once you start something, sometimes you're losing control over it. Anyway, I don't want to argue with you etc, but really, what you said was perceived to be more infuriating (by me) than (as it turned out) you apparently wanted it to be. So, maybe if you word things more carefully in the future, it would help to avoid such situations.
Last edited by sun22 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun22

Postby sun22 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Ruby_Alexandrine wrote:Now, the kiss was innocent not even close to a slobber-knocking, tongue-twisting fest. I am not sure if Be Beautiful did more censoring to the series but that one stood out very much. Since Kizuna is an 18+ title, it should not be censored. What is the point of acquiring mature titles if the books are going to be censored and edited? [..] Now that they are defunct, I hope June Manga will not make the same mistakes that Be Beautiful has done.

Ruby_Alexandrine wrote: I am not fond of censorship and I refuse to purchase any manga, yaoi or non-yaoi, that has been censored. Purchasing censored mangas is like supporting censorship itself.

This is as much of the "fuss" as anything I said. Moreover, you're asking about something that hasn't happened yet, and started the whole thread on this, while I am just being unhappy with what already happened, and just worried that the situation may repeat itself with Kizuna and any other future June title.
sun22

Postby Ruby_Alexandrine » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 pm

@sun22 - I made those commentaries at the very beginning of this thread and I didn't go further after the moderator responded. I could have gone into great detail about Be Beautiful's version of Kizuna but I chose not to because they are now defunct. I was kind of giving June Manga the "heads up" because they may have not known about BB censoring the first volume of Kizuna or may try to do something similar. After the moderator explained his/her reason, then I ceased to discuss potential censorship of Kizuna any further. About discussing censoring, I actually meant in social discussions outside the Internet, meaning discussing the subject in person. The ones I have participated have been so heated and negative that I tend to be a bit more cautious compared to some about the subject. Let's just say there were a lot of Biblical quotations thrown around mercilessly and fist fights literally more than one occasion.

I know how you feel about censorship. I feel that same way as well. Its like getting ripped off and lowering your expectations of purchasing uncensored yaoi mangas. In the beginning, I did not want to purchase any yaoi mangas in English because of the quality and censorship issues especially after seeing Be Beautiful mangas. I apologize if you felt that I was being rude to you because I really wasn't. Believe me, when I'm rude, I'm blunt about it. So this exchange between us is nothing compared to some of the heated exchanges I had at Aarinfantasy. Actually it all ended amicably. ;)
Ruby_Alexandrine

Postby ChibiKami » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 am

We're going to step in and kind of stop this back and forth for right now. sun22 and Ruby_Alexandrine, if you both cannot treat each other with mutual respect, we will lock this thread and we will block both accounts. We like to allow our fans to have the room to speak and talk about anything that bothers them-and we take everything into account from our fans, because we love you all-but we cannot have any abuse on the forums at all. If this continues after this message, this forum thread will be locked. We don't like locking threads because our books are only as good as what you bring up about them in avid discussion-but abuse will not be tolerated. This is the last warning. Play nice.
ChibiKami

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles